Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream »

Nickinoo wrote:Congrats to Sherberts DS- must be such a relief to have such a great place for next year.

My DD is also on the MT foundation at Mountview and has learnt so much and had a great time there.
Arts Ed she didn’t make the cut but she is on the reserve for Trinity and the shortlist for RCS.
Also has recalls for GSA and MV but they aren’t for a month so she is still very much in limbo.
Keeping everything crossed that she will get a place somewhere.
Good luck to all the others still waiting!
Nickinoo re the GSA recall, out of interest does your DD have the grades?
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Live_thedream wrote:
Nickinoo wrote:Congrats to Sherberts DS- must be such a relief to have such a great place for next year.

My DD is also on the MT foundation at Mountview and has learnt so much and had a great time there.
Arts Ed she didn’t make the cut but she is on the reserve for Trinity and the shortlist for RCS.
Also has recalls for GSA and MV but they aren’t for a month so she is still very much in limbo.
Keeping everything crossed that she will get a place somewhere.
Good luck to all the others still waiting!
Nickinoo re the GSA recall, out of interest does your DD have the grades?
Yes she does! AAB
GillyM
Nominee

Post by GillyM »

Marissa wrote:
GillyM wrote:Hi Marissa
I believe it is the monologues in front of the group, songs just in front of the panel and then a cut. A dance call then a cut and then an interview.
Hope that is helpful
GillyM
Thankyou x do they have to do a dance solo? I originally thought they had too but now can't see any info on that?
No solo. Good luck to her - it is a lovely school
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

GillyM wrote:
Marissa wrote:
GillyM wrote:Hi Marissa
I believe it is the monologues in front of the group, songs just in front of the panel and then a cut. A dance call then a cut and then an interview.
Hope that is helpful
GillyM
Thankyou x do they have to do a dance solo? I originally thought they had too but now can't see any info on that?
No solo. Good luck to her - it is a lovely school
Thankyou xx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

[/quote]

Oh Sherbert, I'm so pleased for you both :D :D What wonderful news! Phew, breathe that sigh of relief![/quote]

Thank you ;) xx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

So DD had her BA audition today at PPA. She had a lovely time but knows she hasn’t got on the degree course as they told her at the interview that she is good enough to get on the three year course but needs to work out her USP and that she would benefit from a foundation course - to be clear they didn’t specify that this would be a foundation at PPA - presume we will hear if that’s on the cards in a couple of weeks but..... she is so happy to have been given that feedback - it’s reinforced her determination to go for it next year and try and get a foundation place if possible. Just that tiny bit of feedback has lifted her enormously - well done PPA xx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Nice post coolcats xx glad your DD has really taken on board the positive feedback from PPA - it’s a shame more dont give feedback - I can’t recommend enough a foundation year or similar if it’s doable - my DS had no idea he needed to do the foundation until he started it - he has learnt SO MUCH it’s unbelievable - he was no way near ready this time last year for a 3 year degree

Best of luck to your DD xxx
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

coolcatsmomma wrote:So DD had her BA audition today at PPA. She had a lovely time but knows she hasn’t got on the degree course as they told her at the interview that she is good enough to get on the three year course but needs to work out her USP and that she would benefit from a foundation course - to be clear they didn’t specify that this would be a foundation at PPA - presume we will hear if that’s on the cards in a couple of weeks but..... she is so happy to have been given that feedback - it’s reinforced her determination to go for it next year and try and get a foundation place if possible. Just that tiny bit of feedback has lifted her enormously - well done PPA xx
Wow my DD was at the same audition at PPA today Coolcats! Like your DD she absolutely loved it - really friendly vibe similar to Trinity. She said it was one of the most intense but enjoyable auditions yet (this was her last audition). DD said they let them know quite quickly. Would your DD take the Foundation there if offered?

Is there anyone on the forum with a DC at PPA who could offer a perspective?
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Felicity wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:So DD had her BA audition today at PPA. She had a lovely time but knows she hasn’t got on the degree course as they told her at the interview that she is good enough to get on the three year course but needs to work out her USP and that she would benefit from a foundation course - to be clear they didn’t specify that this would be a foundation at PPA - presume we will hear if that’s on the cards in a couple of weeks but..... she is so happy to have been given that feedback - it’s reinforced her determination to go for it next year and try and get a foundation place if possible. Just that tiny bit of feedback has lifted her enormously - well done PPA xx
Wow my DD was at the same audition at PPA today Coolcats! Like your DD she absolutely loved it - really friendly vibe similar to Trinity. She said it was one of the most intense but enjoyable auditions yet (this was her last audition). DD said they let them know quite quickly. Would your DD take the Foundation there if offered?

Hi Felicity. Glad your DD had a good day as well. They didn’t say anything to my DD about when she’d hear so we’re assuming it will be a no - do you mind me asking what they told your DD about how long it would be before they hear?
I think at this stage if DD got offered a foundation she’d be doing cartwheels. We’ve learned so much and I think that a foundation would be a great thing for her.
Here we go again
Nominee

Post by Here we go again »

PPA seem to be one of the quickest to let people know. Sometimes just a few days but with Move It this weekend I’m guessing it may be a little longer than usual. Fingers crossed for good news for you both. My DD is currently on the Foundation at PPA and is loving it. It’s a great place. If you have any questions I’m happy for you to PM me.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Felicity wrote:

Hi Felicity. Glad your DD had a good day as well. They didn’t say anything to my DD about when she’d hear so we’re assuming it will be a no - do you mind me asking what they told your DD about how long it would be before they hear?
I think at this stage if DD got offered a foundation she’d be doing cartwheels. We’ve learned so much and I think that a foundation would be a great thing for her.
Keeping fingers crossed they make your DD a Foundation offer Coolcats!
I am pretty sure DD said they would let her know tomorrow??? Sounds super fast...
DD is hoping for a BA offer there but said there were lots of amazing performers at the audition, including many who were on Foundations at various places. I wonder if our DDs met? Mine was the one who swapped with someone who had a train to catch so needed an earlier singing slot. My DH was collecting by car so less pressure on timing. Was v proud of her for stepping up and helping that girl out.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Here we go again wrote:PPA seem to be one of the quickest to let people know. Sometimes just a few days but with Move It this weekend I’m guessing it may be a little longer than usual. Fingers crossed for good news for you both. My DD is currently on the Foundation at PPA and is loving it. It’s a great place. If you have any questions I’m happy for you to PM me.
Thanks herewegoagain! How does accommodation work for the students?
What does your DD hope to do next and would she want to stay for the BA?
Nickyh
Nominee

Post by Nickyh »

It’s great to see how everyone seems to be in favour of foundation courses this year as very often I have read how much it’s a waste of money etc. My daughter was accepted on the foundation course last year at MV for the acting course. She originally applied for MT but was offered a free audition for the BA acting and then offered the foundation. This was her first year of auditioning at 18 years old. The course has been incredible. It was a huge move for her from Wales to London. She is now more than ready for the BA. She has loved the acting training and wants to continue with this not MT. She has been fortunate enough to get a BA recall at the end of April and fingers crossed she will be lucky. I cannot recommend a foundation course enough. It more than prepares our dc’s for auditions and for the the degree course. Good luck to everyone’s dc x
Here we go again
Nominee

Post by Here we go again »

Thanks herewegoagain! How does accommodation work for the students?
What does your DD hope to do next and would she want to stay for the BA?

She’s still auditioning at the moment but PPA is her top choice. I’m hoping she gets in as she’s so happy there but as with all colleges being on their Foundation is no guarantee.

Re: accommodation leat year they organised afternoons for students to go and visit accommodation that was becoming available in September. They also set up a Facebook page where people post available rooms. They don’t have their own accommodation but have landlords that always let to PPA students. Most of it is within walking distance of both sites and the town centre.

Let us know how your DDs get on.
Last edited by Here we go again on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Sorry what does USP mean?