Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Scarytimes »

Anyone not heard from Laine yet?

My DS's friend has had nothing yet (email, letter or phone call) which is very frustrating. I have suggested they give them a quick ring tomorrow just to see what that means so that she can get her mind back on to A levels.
Dance1921
Nominee

Post by Dance1921 »

A friend of my DD still hasn’t heard anything from Laine ](*,)
em2512
Nominee

Post by em2512 »

We haven't heard yet either ](*,)
Apparently not all letters have been sent yet.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

em2512 wrote:We haven't heard yet either ](*,)
Thanks everyone. That might reassure her. Not sure what they are up to but hope everyone knows where they are soon :shock:
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

dancemom43 wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:
dancemom43 wrote:
I know the Bird foundation students have their Bird audition this Thursday and find out on 25th May so the reserve list will move around then as some of the foundation students get a yes and others go onto reserve. Their list last year started to move from May but was still moving right up until the first week of term.

We're also waiting on bird, for degree reserve list, I'm desperate to call to find out where on the list dd is, but original letter said we would not hear from them until after the 30th May. presuming that's when all foundation students have until they confirm their place if offered 1. Has anyone been received info where on waiting list they are sitting yet?
We were in your place last year and the reserve list did start to move in May. They will not say what number you are on the list and it is rumoured there are a few lists eg. tall blonde soprano, dark metzo etc, strong commerical etc.. what they will usually say is if you are near the top, middle or bottom of the list.

They keep emailing out to those offered a place asking if still taking and if drop out they go to reserve lists, the degree / diploma reserves even get to say if they would want to be considered for the other course.

There was a fair bit of movement on A level results day as people accepted places like GSA where they needed the grades.

My DD was doing foundation at Bird (having turned down degree elsewhere) and got off reserve 2 days into the start of the course so the list really moves till the end. Her best friend got diploma the week before.

Fingers crossed for you all as I remember the sick feeling waiting for news.

Thank you that's extremely useful. I'm feeling more nervous as we get closer to the end of May. xx
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Scarytimes wrote:
em2512 wrote:We haven't heard yet either ](*,)
Thanks everyone. That might reassure her. Not sure what they are up to but hope everyone knows where they are soon :shock:
I don’t know them personally, but I’ve just seen on Facebook a DD that has been offered a DaDA for Laine and has accepted the place. The post says she received the offer over the telephone. Hope those waiting aren’t left too much longer ](*,)
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Does anyone have any news or whispers on GSA?!!????

I am going quietly insane here! ](*,)

Last recall was last Sat, so we were told he will know after that!

#-o #-o #-o
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

I've not been on for a while as my DD has decided on a gap year, but just to say congratulations to everyone whose children have recently been awarded places and DADAs over the past few weeks. Thinking about all of you who are still waiting - it must be so stressful (and we may be in this situation next year). Best of luck to everyone whose children are about to sit their GCSEs and A-Levels, and especially to those who need specific grades for their places in Sept xx
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Another gem of info from my DS this morn! He’s called GSA, they’ve said they don’t have a descision as yet or a time frame for an answer! Marvellous :(
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

Candafitt wrote:Another gem of info from my DS this morn! He’s called GSA, they’ve said they don’t have a descision as yet or a time frame for an answer! Marvellous :(
Oh no! That's really not helpful. I keep checking in here to see how everyone is getting on. So pleased for everyone who has had places and funding confirmed. Fingers crossed that GSA gets their act together soon!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:Another gem of info from my DS this morn! He’s called GSA, they’ve said they don’t have a descision as yet or a time frame for an answer! Marvellous :(
That’s awful. Presume they mean that he is on the reserve list and they don’t know when people might release their places?? I can’t think what else they would be waiting for!
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

DGtherunner wrote:
Oh no! That's really not helpful. I keep checking in here to see how everyone is getting on. So pleased for everyone who has had places and funding confirmed. Fingers crossed that GSA gets their act together soon!
I know I feel awful for him waiting and waiting. His first audition with them was back in Nov so it feels like such a wait.
He’s still none the wiser as to whether he’s on reserve as they said they will let him know if it’s reserve, in or out, but can’t say when as yet!!
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Scarytimes wrote:
That’s awful. Presume they mean that he is on the reserve list and they don’t know when people might release their places?? I can’t think what else they would be waiting for!
I know Scarytimes!! #-o
No he doesn’t even know that as yet, it could be be a no, they haven’t even said reserve. The emails were so misleading as they said ‘we are unable to offer a place at present and we are holding you on reserve’ BUT, when he rang they said places haven’t been sorted as yet, we will contact you shortly to advise whether you are on reserve, in or out! He said to them , am I on reserve then and they said no basically. I don’t know what to think other than just try to forget about it. I can tell it’s quietly driving him mad too. In fact, as he came out from his singing lesson last night, I heard the teacher say ‘don’t overthink it’ so I think he’s more stressed than I realise.
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
I know Scarytimes!! #-o
No he doesn’t even know that as yet, it could be be a no, they haven’t even said reserve. The emails were so misleading as they said ‘we are unable to offer a place at present and we are holding you on reserve’ BUT, when he rang they said places haven’t been sorted as yet, we will contact you shortly to advise whether you are on reserve, in or out! He said to them , am I on reserve then and they said no basically. I don’t know what to think other than just try to forget about it. I can tell it’s quietly driving him mad too. In fact, as he came out from his singing lesson last night, I heard the teacher say ‘don’t overthink it’ so I think he’s more stressed than I realise.
All pretty disgraceful really if this has ongoing since November! I do wonder if the likes of GSA struggle juggling their recruitment. With small numbers they have to watch the balance of the intake, but also they may make more offers than they have places in case some with offers don't get the grades or go elsewhere even if they do. I also think that under UCAS rules, if they make a conditional offer and the student gets the grades they have to take them. Which could mean in a freak year everyone might get the grades and decide to go which would put them over on their ideal number. It's a bit of a lottery especially with a cohort of 35ish. You could end up with 30 or 40. That said they do take a large number of applicants who are older i.e. not straight from A levels, so presumably they wouldn't be getting conditional places.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

lbm1e14 wrote:
All pretty disgraceful really if this has ongoing since November! I do wonder if the likes of GSA struggle juggling their recruitment. With small numbers they have to watch the balance of the intake, but also they may make more offers than they have places in case some with offers don't get the grades or go elsewhere even if they do. I also think that under UCAS rules, if they make a conditional offer and the student gets the grades they have to take them. Which could mean in a freak year everyone might get the grades and decide to go which would put them over on their ideal number. It's a bit of a lottery especially with a cohort of 35ish. You could end up with 30 or 40. That said they do take a large number of applicants who are older i.e. not straight from A levels, so presumably they wouldn't be getting conditional places.
Laine aren't doing much better - my DS's friend rang today as she hasn't heard anything and they are still considering her ](*,)