Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by jasmine0323 »

Newbe2018 wrote:
jasmine0323 wrote:Good luck with this I’m sure you will get someone - Anyone know of any shared accommodation for Urdang? Provisionally booked student halls but quite expensive!
You had any joy? Xx

No - we have one week cooling off period at student halls but not looking likely that anything else on offer.
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

jasmine0323 wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:
jasmine0323 wrote:Good luck with this I’m sure you will get someone - Anyone know of any shared accommodation for Urdang? Provisionally booked student halls but quite expensive!
You had any joy? Xx

No - we have one week cooling off period at student halls but not looking likely that anything else on offer.
Halls are really pricey too! It was my dd that found our flat then contacted the page to see if people wanted to share. Has she looked to see if there are any flats to rent? The main issue I found was that they have to be 18 years and over, letting agents won't except minors as you can't hold them legally responsible for paying the rent nor can they have a guarantor. Hopefully when shes down there she can maybe sort something for next year. At least you have somewhere, that's the main thing. x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Good luck to all those receiving their A level results tomorrow! [-o< [-o< [-o< X
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Candafitt wrote:Good luck to all those receiving their A level results tomorrow! [-o< [-o< [-o< X
Best of luck X
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:Good luck to all those receiving their A level results tomorrow! [-o< [-o< [-o< X
And from me and DS too. Feeling very sick :(
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Ditto x Goodluck everyone x :cry:
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Thanks everyone for your tireless support this year. Could not have survived it all myself without you all encouraging and advising.

Some excellent results on NAPM this year. Feel like I know your DCs too!

Can’t quite believe we have made it to the end and with the GSA result we never expected. Bit like the NCT, all the back up and studying and cheerleading justs gets you to the starting line.

Wishing all the DS and DD the best in their training and then their careers. I’m going to keep checking in and seeing how things are going so do keep in touch.

ScaryTimes xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Scarytimes wrote:Thanks everyone for your tireless support this year. Could not have survived it all myself without you all encouraging and advising.

Can’t quite believe we have made it to the end and with the GSA result we never expected. Bit like the NCT, all the back up and studying and cheerleading justs gets you to the starting line.

Wishing all the DS and DD the best in their training and then their careers. I’m going to keep checking in and seeing how things are going so do keep in touch.

ScaryTimes xx
Ahh a lovely post x and all I can say is ditto!! Thankyou everyone for the support x I def feel like I need a holiday now! X
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Marissa wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:Thanks everyone for your tireless support this year. Could not have survived it all myself without you all encouraging and advising.

ScaryTimes xx
Ahh a lovely post x and all I can say is ditto!! Thankyou everyone for the support x I def feel like I need a holiday now! X
Already booked mine lol!! :D Congratulations to all Xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Oh I'm jealous x really want a holiday x waiting to find out when the girls have half term at uni if they do x so I can book something!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Newbe2018 wrote:
Marissa wrote:

ScaryTimes xx
Already booked mine lol!! :D Congratulations to all Xx

We’re on our hols. Luckily our DD already had a level results so offer was unconditional but delighted to see how everyone’s getting on. Well done to Scarytimes I don’t think my nerve would have held that long

Look forward to seeing updates on how everyone is getting on
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Munchpot wrote: Well done to Scarytimes I don’t think my nerve would have held that long

Look forward to seeing updates on how everyone is getting on
I don’t think it did last. I was a complete wreck and had been awake for hours when he wandered down at 6:30am with a Congratulations text from Uni of Surrey :D

Never want to go through that again!
All up to him now and what he make of the wonderful opportunity.
mariapanayi
BRIT Award

Post by mariapanayi »

Hi,

I have just posted this on another thread - but it seems relevant here too (Sorry if you see it multiple times!)

I have just read an article in the stage about students being picky about where they go. It says something about waiting for a top drama school to help them at castings in the future, as some of the second-rate ones are expensive and other than the degree, don't mean as much in the industry. It's really difficult to know what to do - what if they turn down a school, and never get any offers every again! What a risk!!!!

Any way... I just thought i'd mention Bodens College of Performing Arts. For any students that maybe haven't been accepted at their top choice, but can't afford Foundation courses whilst auditioning again next year. They offer free performing arts training (my daughter has just graduated after spending three years with them). I've copied their course info from their website - but I'm sure if you call or email them, they'd be able to help more than I can!!

Sixth Form (Aged 16+) - Level Three Foundation Diploma & Level Three Extended Diploma - Two Years Free Training
Gap Year (Aged 18-19) - Level Four Associate Diploma - One Year Free Training

The website is www.performingartscollege.co.uk, email contact is katie@bodens.co.uk and the phone number is 02084470909.

I hope that helps! My daughter had the most amazing time there and the quality of training is exceptional. I really couldn't recommend it any higher.
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

We found Bodens to be incredibly supportive and really appear to care about what they do and want to nurture talent.
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

So we got the keys to dd's flat on the weekend, it's just beautiful! Well worth the stress and upfront cost deposit ect compared to student halls, it works out much cheaper per month and the 3 others she's sharing with seem lovely. If any one would like help on getting a place next year just drop me a message, happy to help where I can. x