Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by jasmine0323 »

Newbe2018 wrote:
jasmine0323 wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:
You had any joy? Xx

No - we have one week cooling off period at student halls but not looking likely that anything else on offer.
Halls are really pricey too! It was my dd that found our flat then contacted the page to see if people wanted to share. Has she looked to see if there are any flats to rent? The main issue I found was that they have to be 18 years and over, letting agents won't except minors as you can't hold them legally responsible for paying the rent nor can they have a guarantor. Hopefully when shes down there she can maybe sort something for next year. At least you have somewhere, that's the main thing. x
Actually was able to find a shared flat 5 mins walk from Urdang!
Works out about the same as halls but less travelling time - sharing with a 2nd year and a 3rd year so hopefully they’ll take dd under their wing!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Good luck to all those heading off this week - a few of DS friends are going now so it is getting real. Just spent £250 on dance kit (as his current lot were looking ropey) and still have to buy the acting clothes he needs - suit, tie, smart shoes... then he will be off on 22nd.

Good luck too to all you parents stuck behind hoping they are happy/clean/sleeping enough/managing money and travel. Hope they keep in touch a lot but not too much!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Dd went to her lodgings yesterday and her first day is today.
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

DD started this week and is loving it so far! Not sure her muscles are though! :D Good Luck to everybody who has started or is due to start very soon!! \:D/
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

jasmine0323 wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:
jasmine0323 wrote:

No - we have one week cooling off period at student halls but not looking likely that anything else on offer.
Halls are really pricey too! It was my dd that found our flat then contacted the page to see if people wanted to share. Has she looked to see if there are any flats to rent? The main issue I found was that they have to be 18 years and over, letting agents won't except minors as you can't hold them legally responsible for paying the rent nor can they have a guarantor. Hopefully when shes down there she can maybe sort something for next year. At least you have somewhere, that's the main thing. x
Actually was able to find a shared flat 5 mins walk from Urdang!
Works out about the same as halls but less travelling time - sharing with a 2nd year and a 3rd year so hopefully they’ll take dd under their wing!
That's fab new!! so pleased for you, 5 mins walk is a definite bonus \:D/
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

I'm so happy to hear everybody's getting in well x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Good luck to my DD and her friends who are starting their first day of their BA Course at Bird College today :D

Hope everyone's DC's are settling in
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Munchpot wrote:Good luck to my DD and her friends who are starting their first day of their BA Course at Bird College today :D

Owww, My Dd's there too today :D , she was feeling dead nervous yet very excited this morning, she's already meet loads of lovely people on their fresher nights out, best of luck to your dd today, exciting times for all xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Newbe2018 wrote:
Munchpot wrote:Good luck to my DD and her friends who are starting their first day of their BA Course at Bird College today :D

Owww, My Dd's there too today :D , she was feeling dead nervous yet very excited this morning, she's already meet loads of lovely people on their fresher nights out, best of luck to your dd today, exciting times for all xx
Yes, Good Luck 2018 starters :D Hope everyone's enjoying it all so far. There will be some aching muscles once the lessons start! It is so nice to know about all the DCs that have been on the 2018 audition journey. Congrats to all you supportive parents too. It does make a difference.