Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Laurellen
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Laurellen »

So DD got a hand addressed letter today from Laine.
It was the exact same letter she got 10 days ago?!?!
Still the same place number on the list... (even though we know people have said no to their places.)
Not exactly sure what the point of it was unless they are worried that some people hadn’t got their original letters?!?
Such an odd way to deal with things.
Oh well. I have this all to go through again next year it would seem!
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Newbe2018 wrote:
dancemom43 wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:

We're also waiting on bird, for degree reserve list, I'm desperate to call to find out where on the list dd is, but original letter said we would not hear from them until after the 30th May. presuming that's when all foundation students have until they confirm their place if offered 1. Has anyone been received info where on waiting list they are sitting yet?
We were in your place last year and the reserve list did start to move in May. They will not say what number you are on the list and it is rumoured there are a few lists eg. tall blonde soprano, dark metzo etc, strong commerical etc.. what they will usually say is if you are near the top, middle or bottom of the list.

They keep emailing out to those offered a place asking if still taking and if drop out they go to reserve lists, the degree / diploma reserves even get to say if they would want to be considered for the other course.

There was a fair bit of movement on A level results day as people accepted places like GSA where they needed the grades.

My DD was doing foundation at Bird (having turned down degree elsewhere) and got off reserve 2 days into the start of the course so the list really moves till the end. Her best friend got diploma the week before.

Fingers crossed for you all as I remember the sick feeling waiting for news.

Thank you that's extremely useful. I'm feeling more nervous as we get closer to the end of May. xx
The foundation students were not told on Friday but are now finding out tomorrow at Bird
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

So after the odd letter my DD got a phone call. From Bird this time.
She has been offered a DaDa!! I’m in shock. I was sorting out accommodation for her to do the 2 year AVT at Urdang! :? :shock:
bro1234
BRIT Award

Post by bro1234 »

Hi all pleased to say we got a phone call from Bird offering a DADA this morning. The lists are moving. Good luck to everyone still waiting, my fingers and toes are crossed for you all xxxxxx
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Well done on the offers from Bird
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Laurellen wrote:So after the odd letter my DD got a phone call. From Bird this time.
She has been offered a DaDa!! I’m in shock. I was sorting out accommodation for her to do the 2 year AVT at Urdang! :? :shock:
Well done to your dd Laurellen. She must be over the moon. Xxx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Congratulations Laurellen and bro1234! =D> =D>
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Fantastic news x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Well done everyone!! \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

beanie-bean wrote:
Laurellen wrote:So after the odd letter my DD got a phone call. From Bird this time.
Thank you!
I Am in shock! And panicking about accommodation. I need to find out about landlord accommodation quick as a possible! (She’s 16 so they prefer landlord accommodation)
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Laurellen wrote:
beanie-bean wrote:
Thank you!
I Am in shock! And panicking about accommodation. I need to find out about landlord accommodation quick as a possible! (She’s 16 so they prefer landlord accommodation)
Congratulations to your dd

Dont worry, we're all in the same boat. Accommodation doesn't get released until July.xx
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Well done everyone. Exciting times.xx
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Ah! Great to hear things are starting to move! =D>
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Laurellen wrote:
Hi
They are currently compiling this year's accommodation pack. The deadline for landlords / host families to reply is Friday. The list is usually sent out at the beginning of July

If you're 16 they insist you stay with a host family

Good luck with the hunt
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

Munchpot wrote:
Laurellen wrote:
Hi
They are currently compiling this year's accommodation pack. The deadline for landlords / host families to reply is Friday. The list is usually sent out at the beginning of July

If you're 16 they insist you stay with a host family

Good luck with the hunt

Thank you that’s really helpful!
Xx