Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Candafitt
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Candafitt »

Marissa wrote:We are here for you Candafitt xxx
Ahhh thanks Marissa ;)
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

I think you all deserve medals - parents and kids! Such resilience! I am dreading all this next year! Keep up the faith everyone! You're all stars x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

amo185 wrote:I think you all deserve medals - parents and kids! Such resilience! I am dreading all this next year! Keep up the faith everyone! You're all stars x
You will learn so much here x and get the support you need! I wish I had known about this forum before we had started applying for places x
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

From what I heard a whole recall group got congratulations you have a place letters from GSA. They then got told it was a mistake and they hadn't got in. They were declined on UCAS. Unbelievably upsetting. I hope they review the process for the future. To actually send out letters with the candidates name on would really make you think you had got in. Horrible.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Robin64 wrote:From what I heard a whole recall group got congratulations you have a place letters from GSA. They then got told it was a mistake and they hadn't got in. They were declined on UCAS. Unbelievably upsetting. I hope they review the process for the future. To actually send out letters with the candidates name on would really make you think you had got in. Horrible.
If they had evidence of an offer I would so complain!
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Robin64 wrote:From what I heard a whole recall group got congratulations you have a place letters from GSA. They then got told it was a mistake and they hadn't got in. They were declined on UCAS. Unbelievably upsetting. I hope they review the process for the future. To actually send out letters with the candidates name on would really make you think you had got in. Horrible.
That is absolutely awful. I really feel for those DCs and their parents it must be so difficult to deal with especially on top of exams.
Thinking of everyone who is still waiting - I keep checking in to see if any news. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.
Feels like no sooner will DD have started foundation we will be back on again for the 2019 audition thread. Good luck to everyone xx
KristineFenella
Nominee

Post by KristineFenella »

Scarytimes wrote:
Candafitt wrote:DS has rang GSA again today! He’s just taking it that he must be on reserve, as they were no clearer really. Other than saying reserve. But when he says “so that’s the actual ‘reserve list’” they don’t seem to give him a straight answer!! But it’s not a no I suppose so there is that #-o #-o #-o
He has also spoken to some people that know that places have been offered so he’s just going to take it as ‘reserve’ and focus on Trinity Laban. Just so annoying.
Sounds like a sensible decision to reduce the stress a little bit!

No news on the Laine waiting lists anyone? Feels selfish asking when I know some of you are still waiting to hear anything from them!!
Hi there! My daughter is 6th place on Laine reserve list, she was 7th. But she’s also been offered a BA at Urdang, and after a.lot of talking to students at both places she is over the moon to have decided on Urdang. So she is going to give up her reserve place. During her research it was apparent that she’d have likely been offered a place at Laine as they went further down the list last year.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

KristineFenella wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Candafitt wrote:DS has rang GSA again today! He’s just taking it that he must be on reserve, as they were no clearer really. Other than saying reserve. But when he says “so that’s the actual ‘reserve list’” they don’t seem to give him a straight answer!! But it’s not a no I suppose so there is that #-o #-o #-o
He has also spoken to some people that know that places have been offered so he’s just going to take it as ‘reserve’ and focus on Trinity Laban. Just so annoying.

No news on the Laine waiting lists anyone? Feels selfish asking when I know some of you are still waiting to hear anything from them!!
Hi there! My daughter is 6th place on Laine reserve list, she was 7th. But she’s also been offered a BA at Urdang, and after a.lot of talking to students at both places she is over the moon to have decided on Urdang. So she is going to give up her reserve place. During her research it was apparent that she’d have likely been offered a place at Laine as they went further down the list last year.
Well done her for making the decision. My DS may well end up there with her. Certainly more affordable given student loan covers some of the maintenance too - bonus!
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

This is just shocking! Is it just me, or do other people think this whole process is way out of control?! From our experience this year I think I’ve developed quite a cynical view. Most colleges are auditioning far too many DC’s (and making an absolute fortune in the process!!) and as a result some, like GSA, have got themselves in a right mess and haven’t got a clue who they’ve seen, who they want, who’s on what list, and so on. Add in recalls, reserve lists, DADA funding allocation, conditional offers and goodness knows what else and you’re left with many, many DC’s/parents living in a stressful land of limbo for weeks and months on end! Sorry, rant over! Thank goodness for NAPM!! :oops: :roll: :D
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I really feel for all going through this,I am dreading this post 18. I have a DD on reserve at The Brit school, she is very near the top now but she feels she wants to go somewhere that has chosen her,not a place that wants her as a second or even third choice. It is so hard for anyone to move on if kept dangling on a thread of hope for a place. Do any of your's feel that these places don't deserve them the longer they are kept waiting?
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

lotsolaffs wrote:I really feel for all going through this,I am dreading this post 18. I have a DD on reserve at The Brit school, she is very near the top now but she feels she wants to go somewhere that has chosen her,not a place that wants her as a second or even third choice. It is so hard for anyone to move on if kept dangling on a thread of hope for a place. Do any of your's feel that these places don't deserve them the longer they are kept waiting?
Try and think of it as a yes. They want her but maybe she auditioned later than someone at the same level. The difference between reserve and a place is likely to be negligible and more about circumstances. But yes it's really hard to feel so close without certainty.
Hang on in there folks.
My nephew went to Brit and enjoyed it. They seem to also do an extra "foundation" type year after btec which I think he might do.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

lotsolaffs wrote:I really feel for all going through this,I am dreading this post 18. I have a DD on reserve at The Brit school, she is very near the top now but she feels she wants to go somewhere that has chosen her,not a place that wants her as a second or even third choice. It is so hard for anyone to move on if kept dangling on a thread of hope for a place. Do any of your's feel that these places don't deserve them the longer they are kept waiting?
I suppose it's part of the process however that's the main reason DD chose The Hammond in the end. I remember someone here saying that they wanted to invest in her with their time and that's how she felt x I know it's luck on the day but DD felt wanted by The Hammond x I just hope she gets the grades now!!!
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

KristineFenella wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Can I ask how you were informed she has gone up the list?
My daughter is so far down I am not hopeful and we received a letter not an email. But no contact since.
Also some people still don’t know so do they go further down the list?!! It’s all so confusing! She is 16 so has looked at the other things she has been offered and is happy to even be on the list even if she is last ( we don’t know thy jut assume so as it’s such a high number !) she may try again for Laine next year... if I can cope.
She is also on reserve for funding at Bird but have no idea where on the list. #-o
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Laurellen wrote:
KristineFenella wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Can I ask how you were informed she has gone up the list?
My daughter is so far down I am not hopeful and we received a letter not an email. But no contact since.
Also some people still don’t know so do they go further down the list?!! It’s all so confusing! She is 16 so has looked at the other things she has been offered and is happy to even be on the list even if she is last ( we don’t know thy jut assume so as it’s such a high number !) she may try again for Laine next year... if I can cope.
She is also on reserve for funding at Bird but have no idea where on the list. #-o
We haven't heard a thing since. I was assuming that they were still sorting out all the others who haven't been told anything - but like you, I'm confused about what this means for those who haven't heard compared to us on reserve lists with positions. Your guess is as good as mine. Looking back on previous threads hear, I can't see anything so confusing happening before. People seemed to hear from Laine within 3 weeks then know where they are. Wonder why this year is more difficult?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:
I suppose it's part of the process however that's the main reason DD chose The Hammond in the end. I remember someone here saying that they wanted to invest in her with their time and that's how she felt x I know it's luck on the day but DD felt wanted by The Hammond x I just hope she gets the grades now!!!
What does she need to get for Hammond?