Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Belledancer
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Belledancer »

Waiting to hear Laine results with baited breath - last year some of the yeses were emails - DD has 4 friends waiting for news - she is very keen to start looking at accommodation but wants to wait until her friends know for certain where they are going. Fingers crossed and wishing lots of luck to everyone - hope you hear very soon xx
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Post by TeethandTwinkles »

Oooo thanks for info. Our post is terrible so likely not to hear for a while unless we’re lucky enough to get an email. Forever over thinking. #-o x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Feel for you all, as I sit here waiting for my DS GSA outcome....yes still waiting..... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Goodluck all x I'm thinking of you all x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Thanks all. Seems worse waiting now we know it will be soon.
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

I know exactly what you mean! #-o
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Mumof3girls wrote:Hello , If anyone’s dd is going to Bird this September , My dd has a room to rent out , It is with her and another female ! Inbox me if interested and I will pass you on the details .
Good luck all x
We're still Waiting on an offer, If we get a call, I'll be straight in touch!
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Wishing everyone waiting for results good luck. Stalking the postman today. :-k
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

TeethandTwinkles wrote:Wishing everyone waiting for results good luck. Stalking the postman today. :-k
Nothing in our post today. Not feeling so hopeful any more.
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Scarytimes wrote:
TeethandTwinkles wrote:Wishing everyone waiting for results good luck. Stalking the postman today. :-k
Nothing in our post today. Not feeling so hopeful any more.
Nothing in ours either. Every day that passes feeling a little more sick, greyer, higher blood pressure. Do you think they send the yeses our first. If so starting to feel sad and more stressed. :cry:
em2512
Nominee

Post by em2512 »

I've heard of someone who got a call on Friday for funding, I think the definite offers were a phone call last week.
Nothing in the post for us today :cry:
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Someone we know got a call today
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

When DS was applying three years ago, they phoned people with funding and the reserve offers went out by post. At least it actually said what number they were on the reserve list. He was number 6. He chose Mountview instead but I know that people lower down the list did get funding in the end. Fingers crossed to all those still waiting. We are at the other end now. His last Mountview show finishes on Saturday, he has signed with an agent and once the show is over will start all the auditioning stress again - this time for a job! We are now worrying about how he will pay his rent in London if he doesn't find work pretty quickly. The stress in this business never stops!!!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

ajbew wrote:When DS was applying three years ago, they phoned people with funding and the reserve offers went out by post. At least it actually said what number they were on the reserve list. He was number 6. He chose Mountview instead but I know that people lower down the list did get funding in the end. Fingers crossed to all those still waiting. We are at the other end now. His last Mountview show finishes on Saturday, he has signed with an agent and once the show is over will start all the auditioning stress again - this time for a job! We are now worrying about how he will pay his rent in London if he doesn't find work pretty quickly. The stress in this business never stops!!!
I don't even want to think about auditions after the training :shock: but good luck to your DS.

Odd that the stated contact in the recall email was post for yeses and definite nos and emails for reserves and phone calls weren't even mentioned. DS thought he had made some kind of impression, but maybe not.
MWilks
Nominee

Post by MWilks »

Does anyone have a DD or DS going to London Studio Centre in September to do Ballet? My DD is going. There were about 23 at the recall audition but we are not sure how many were offered places or who decided to go there.