Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Munchpot »

Newbe2018 wrote:
That's brilliant, thanks for confirming, I assumed this was the case, but not 100%, have dealt with student finance in pass for son, but was straight forward with Ucas, applied, offered, accepted, finance set up. Is there a date you have to cancel it by if place not offered, do you know?
Hi

SFE don't pay the money to the student or University until the Uni have confirmed registration and attendance - so don't panic there's plenty of time.
You can leave it active until after the start of college (in case they are offered a late place) and it'll still be there
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Munchpot wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:
That's brilliant, thanks for confirming, I assumed this was the case, but not 100%, have dealt with student finance in pass for son, but was straight forward with Ucas, applied, offered, accepted, finance set up. Is there a date you have to cancel it by if place not offered, do you know?
Hi

SFE don't pay the money to the student or University until the Uni have confirmed registration and attendance - so don't panic there's plenty of time.
You can leave it active until after the start of college (in case they are offered a late place) and it'll still be there
Just rang SFE about this, was getting so worried about the May dead line, they confirmed exactly what you said and she can apply at anytime, before or after May, Just means it might take a bit longer for money to come through if applying after, which I can live with, panic over, now back to stressing if the offer comes through lol x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Newbe2018 wrote:
Just rang SFE about this, was getting so worried about the May dead line, they confirmed exactly what you said and she can apply at anytime, before or after May, Just means it might take a bit longer for money to come through if applying after, which I can live with, panic over, now back to stressing if the offer comes through lol x
Personally I would do the application now so that's it's in place - We were told if it's after 31st May then it may take 6 - 8 weeks to process and they will also have the addition of clearing students in August
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Munchpot wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:
Personally I would do the application now so that's it's in place - We were told if it's after 31st May then it may take 6 - 8 weeks to process and they will also have the addition of clearing students in August
That's a very valid point, now I know where we stand, will get it applied for now, but not going to stress over it. thanks for all your help.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Newbe2018 wrote:
Munchpot wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:
That's a very valid point, now I know where we stand, will get it applied for now, but not going to stress over it. thanks for all your help.
If you have passport, NI Number and bank details it takes 10 minutes to do - Good luck
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Robin64 wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Sherbert wrote:

Hi Robin64, as candafitt is probably in bed (like most sensible people) and I’m not...I know the answer to this one :lol:
Her DS did get through to interview at his GSA MT recall and they were told the outcomes would be out by 3rd May ;) ps: candafitt you said all that without moving your fingers! :roll: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks Sherbert spot on!! X

Yes he was told to wait 2-3 weeks at interview then sent an email to say they were unable to confirm a place (although impressed with audition) until they had seen everyone by 28th April. He rang for further clarification and they said by 3rd of May he will be told either, declined, offer or resemrve list! So I’m hoping for news today!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Oh heck that sounds horribly cruel. This process is brutal!! Got both fingers crossed for him. DD did GSA recall last year and would have loved to go. Didn't even get recalled this year after foundation so really disappointed. Your DS has done brilliantly so hopefully a happy outcome. And haha yes I am a night owl :-)
Ok so I have news!!! #-o #-o #-o

DS phoned GSA today after receiving another email! He has been told they have had to push back auditions as they still have people to see. He will now be contacted by 19/5 to be told yes/no/reserve ](*,) ](*,)

His UCAS will have to be declined due to the deadline but they can reverse this should he be offered etc!!

It really could not get more stressful.

To add to the stress his accommodation application for Trinity gets emailed to him at 9:30 Friday morning, £250 deposit to be paid NON REFUNDABLE if he ends up going elsewhere, and it’s done by first come first served so can’t hang about!

I think we really have to put GSA to back of our minds......easier said than done :( :( :( :(
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Candafitt wrote:
Robin64 wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks Sherbert spot on!! X

Yes he was told to wait 2-3 weeks at interview then sent an email to say they were unable to confirm a place (although impressed with audition) until they had seen everyone by 28th April. He rang for further clarification and they said by 3rd of May he will be told either, declined, offer or resemrve list! So I’m hoping for news today!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Oh heck that sounds horribly cruel. This process is brutal!! Got both fingers crossed for him. DD did GSA recall last year and would have loved to go. Didn't even get recalled this year after foundation so really disappointed. Your DS has done brilliantly so hopefully a happy outcome. And haha yes I am a night owl :-)

DS phoned GSA today after receiving another email! He has been told they have had to push back auditions as they still have people to see. He will now be contacted by 19/5 to be told yes/no/reserve ](*,) ](*,)

His UCAS will have to be declined due to the deadline but they can reverse this should he be offered etc!!

To add to the stress his accommodation application for Trinity gets emailed to him at 9:30 Friday morning, £250 deposit to be paid NON REFUNDABLE if he ends up going elsewhere, and it’s done by first come first served so can’t hang about!

I think we really have to put GSA to back of our minds......easier said than done :( :( :( :(
Argggghhhhh!! I thought you might hear today as my DS had his ‘thanks but no thanks’ email today x

How did your son feel about GSA? Did he prefer it to Trinity or has he already made his mind up with or without an offer from them? X
I suppose if he’s favouring Trinity, get that accommodation email done and forget GSA - but if he’s not sure you’ll have to risk the accommodation - you have until 25th may to apply so hopefully he’d still get a room...x if not he’ll have to top and tail with my son :lol: :lol: :lol:
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Sherbert wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Robin64 wrote: Oh heck that sounds horribly cruel. This process is brutal!! Got both fingers crossed for him. DD did GSA recall last year and would have loved to go. Didn't even get recalled this year after foundation so really disappointed. Your DS has done brilliantly so hopefully a happy outcome. And haha yes I am a night owl :-)

Argggghhhhh!! I thought you might hear today as my DS had his ‘thanks but no thanks’ email today x

How did your son feel about GSA? Did he prefer it to Trinity or has he already made his mind up with or without an offer from them? X
I suppose if he’s favouring Trinity, get that accommodation email done and forget GSA - but if he’s not sure you’ll have to risk the accommodation - you have until 25th may to apply so hopefully he’d still get a room...x if not he’ll have to top and tail with my son :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sherbert!!

I don’t think he can decide until he knows it’s even an option to be honest. But the other issue is of course, if he were to be offered at GSA or reserved he still won’t know for sure until results day! In which case the Trinity accommodation HAS to be applied for. So we’re going to go ahead with that on Friday for the time being and try not think about the possibility of losing the £250. X
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Sounds like a plan ;) x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
I don’t think he can decide until he knows it’s even an option to be honest. But the other issue is of course, if he were to be offered at GSA or reserved he still won’t know for sure until results day! In which case the Trinity accommodation HAS to be applied for. So we’re going to go ahead with that on Friday for the time being and try not think about the possibility of losing the £250. X
Argh! Can't believe they are making you hang on still - but I had been thinking that you need to go ahead anyway because whatever GSA say it can't be definite until 16th August. :roll: On a positive note though, it is sort of win win - you either are sorted for Trinity accommodation and you need it, or you lose £250 but gain a place at GSA where accommodation is cheaper. You have until 25th July to register for University of Surrey accommodation and it isn't first come first served. :D
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Scarytimes wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
Argh! Can't believe they are making you hang on still - but I had been thinking that you need to go ahead anyway because whatever GSA say it can't be definite until 16th August. :roll: On a positive note though, it is sort of win win - you either are sorted for Trinity accommodation and you need it, or you lose £250 but gain a place at GSA where accommodation is cheaper. You have until 25th July to register for University of Surrey accommodation and it isn't first come first served. :D
Yes Scarytimes my thoughts exactly! I said we’d leave GSA accommodation until last min if necessary as they guarantee it for 1st years so that’s good. Infact they refund deposit if not required, as opposed to Trinity who say they retain for ‘admin purposes!’ Bit unfair I feel #-o
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

£250 is a lot of "admin" !! Feel for you but as others have said go ahead with trinity and GSA is on the back burner. If it comes up it's great and in the scheme of things the deposit is not the end of the world. However I agree why keep all of it? Someone else will be using the accommodation so they won't lose out. Such a pain GSA don't just make up their mind! I always thought they were quite a fast one.
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Robin64 wrote:£250 is a lot of "admin" !! Feel for you but as others have said go ahead with trinity and GSA is on the back burner. If it comes up it's great and in the scheme of things the deposit is not the end of the world. However I agree why keep all of it? Someone else will be using the accommodation so they won't lose out. Such a pain GSA don't just make up their mind! I always thought they were quite a fast one.
Yes, agreed......we will sit it out for another 2 weeks #-o
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

My DS was just ‘casually’ telling me tonight ‘oh yeah I’ve got a few friends from Mountview foundation who still haven’t been given their recall date for GSA yet!?’ Hence the delay I imagine :roll:
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Do you think all accommodation you would like would be gone by 19th May ? It may be worth checking with that department how likely that is.