Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

WildFrontier1
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by WildFrontier1 »

Shellyheath wrote:Hi

Ive read tonight that some people have had Dada’s offered for Northern. have many as we applied for one but haven’t heard anything. I am assuming that is a bad sign.

Shelly x
Hello Shelly.

My DD auditioned in January and received her letter last Friday (20th). However, we know people who should definitely get a DADA and havent heard yet. Just wonder if they just send out a few at a time - perhaps this Friday others will receive them. Fingers crossed x
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Marissa wrote:Phew reading all these posts make me realise that maybe DD going for Hammond is the best choice x can't imagine what it must be like waiting for funding too!
Hi Marissa

Yes you are right a place at The Hammond with student finance is just fantastic, the worst is being offered a place at your dream college with no funding. It is heart breaking. This is why it is so important to apply to places if offered you can go. Even with funding I really think it’s a struggle financially. Student finance is a livable amount of money, it just allows your child to continue without worrying.
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

kzgirl wrote:
Marissa wrote:Phew reading all these posts make me realise that maybe DD going for Hammond is the best choice x can't imagine what it must be like waiting for funding too!
Yes you are right a place at The Hammond with student finance is just fantastic, the worst is being offered a place at your dream college with no funding. It is heart breaking. This is why it is so important to apply to places if offered you can go. Even with funding I really think it’s a struggle financially. Student finance is a livable amount of money, it just allows your child to continue without worrying.
This is the exact thing that happened to me many years ago. I was accepted onto a dance teacher training course at Northern Ballet School but didn't get the DaDa funding. I was absolutely heartbroken. A last minute (funded place) offer from Prestons College came in the August, and I ended up going there did ok, and completing my dance teacher training, but I remember the anguish my widowed mum went through at the time over the DaDa - she offered to remortgage/sell the house to enable me to go, which I refused, but she must have been really desperate to even suggest it in the first place.

When my daughter said she wanted to do musical theatre I told her not to apply for any courses that required a DaDa, as I didn't want her to have to go through the same as I did, but it has really limited her choices. Next year she is going to apply for a mixture of both Diploma (DaDa) and degree (funded) courses and hope that she manages to a get a place on the right one for her. I agree 100% with kzgirl: the worst possible thing is to get a place at your dream college but not to get the funding to enable you to go - it's so close but just out of reach. And it can be difficult having to to take your second (or third) choice of college simply due to lack of funding.
bro1234
BRIT Award

Post by bro1234 »

We are in the waiting game! Its nerve racking. My DD got a place on 3 year diploma at Bird college but is on the reserve list for funding. It looks like some DADA awards have been given out already, and the reserve DADA's get given out after all the auditioning has finished. So we can hear anytime between June and September - or not at all. :( good luck to anyone waiting. x
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

I feel for all those who don’t yet have firm places for next year.
My DD has just finished her MT foundation year at Mountview and finished all her auditions for BAs last week.

ARTS ED- no recall
GSA- recall but then no place offered
Mountview- got to final Saturday workshop round- reserve list
RCS- got to final round- reserve list
Trinity Laban- made it through the cut - reserve list.

So frustrating to have got this far and not have a firm place. She was recalled to 4/5 top drama schools and is on 3 reserve lists-She has had the most fabulous training this year and worked so hard- clearly has the talent and ability to go further.

She is back home now and found a job but fully expects to have to audition again for a third year in the autumn. Her dad is getting a bit antsy about what she is going to do next year and wants her to have a plan B in place- she has very good A level grades and could no doubt get on some sort of academic degree course through clearing in August but performing is her passion she just doesn’t want to do anything else. I don’t think he quite gets how long it sometimes takes to get onto these sorts of courses. I feel like piggy in the middle. :?

No way of knowing where on the reserves she is due to the way that they “cast” each cohort! Mountview alone has 30girls on the reserve list...

:shock: Aaghhhhh!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Nickinoo wrote:I feel for all those who don’t yet have firm places for next year.
My DD has just finished her MT foundation year at Mountview and finished all her auditions for BAs last week.

ARTS ED- no recall

So frustrating to have got this far and not have a firm place. She was recalled to 4/5 top drama schools and is on 3 reserve lists-She has had the most fabulous training this year and worked so hard- clearly has the talent and ability to go further.

She is back home now and found a job but fully expects to have to audition again for a third year in the autumn. Her dad is getting a bit antsy about what she is going to do next year and wants her to have a plan B in place- she has very good A level grades and could no doubt get on some sort of academic degree course through clearing in August but performing is her passion she just doesn’t want to do anything else. I don’t think he quite gets how long it sometimes takes to get onto these sorts of courses. I feel like piggy in the middle. :?

No way of knowing where on the reserves she is due to the way that they “cast” each cohort! Mountview alone has 30girls on the reserve list...

It's frightening isn't it. My DD has one more audition to do, at the college she's doing her Foundation year. She has one firm offer (at a place she would be very happy going to) and is on the Reserve for another of her top choices.

For me the trouble with Reserve lists is the uncertainty of it all And of course it all depends on how many of those who have firm offers actually take them. Obviously some have firm offers from more that one place - and for those not having to make their firm choice for some time it means little movement. I wish colleges would confirm where you actually are on the reserve (I know some do)

The wait continues
Joshan18
Nominee

Post by Joshan18 »

So happy and relieved! After what seems like a never ending round of auditions DD has finished on a high. She auditioned at 7 schools for Acting BA and after a roller coaster ride has today received her 3rd foundation offer!
She has rejected Royal Birmingham Conservatoire as it was not funded and has now to decide between Italia Conti and East 15. She loved the audition day at Italia, thought it was great value for money and had a lovely vibe. East 15 was a regional one in Manchester so she has no clue about the school. She has been offered a place at their Southend campus.
If anyone has any information about Foundation courses at either place and if there is a difference between Southend and Loughton campus it will be gratefully received.
Good luck to everyone still auditioning/waiting for results. I will probably be back on the 2019 thread when she reapplies for 3 year courses! For now I am enjoying the luxury of not having to ask if she has 'worked on her monologues today' :D
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Hi I don’t know how it affects the future at Italia Conti and clearly they are still auditioning and offering places for next year, but I do know they were in the news about being in financial trouble. Might be worth investigating before accepting a place there? x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Munchpot wrote:
Nickinoo wrote:I feel for all those who don’t yet have firm places for next year.

It's frightening isn't it. My DD has one more audition to do, at the college she's doing her Foundation year. She has one firm offer (at a place she would be very happy going to) and is on the Reserve for another of her top choices.

For me the trouble with Reserve lists is the uncertainty of it all And of course it all depends on how many of those who have firm offers actually take them. Obviously some have firm offers from more that one place - and for those not having to make their firm choice for some time it means little movement. I wish colleges would confirm where you actually are on the reserve (I know some do)

The wait continues
I sympathise a lot and it is worse than people making up their minds as some of the courses expect certain A levels, so until A level results are out some with firm offers won't know if they can take the offer. If they can't, then that place opens up for a reserve with the grades, which then in turn may open a place at another college for someone else and so on. Not sure many of us will know exactly where they are going until mid August!
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

Joshan18.
I have PM'D you.
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

ARTS ED- no recall

Hi there, hope you don’t mind me asking, but my DS is currently waiting to hear his outcome from GSA after his recall a couple of weeks ago. When did your DD find out she hadn’t been offered at GSA out of interest? :?
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Candafitt wrote:

ARTS ED- no recall

Hi there, hope you don’t mind me asking, but my DS is currently waiting to hear his outcome from GSA after his recall a couple of weeks ago. When did your DD find out she hadn’t been offered at GSA out of interest? :?
They told her at the end of the audition. At the end of the recall they took one or two through to the interview and she wasn’t one of them meaning she hadn’t been successful.
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Nickinoo wrote:
Candafitt wrote:

ARTS ED- no recall

They told her at the end of the audition. At the end of the recall they took one or two through to the interview and she wasn’t one of them meaning she hadn’t been successful.
Ah ok, thank you. Sending you and your DD all the luck in the world with her reserve lists, whilst she’s on reserve at least there’s still hope and a chance, she’s done really well :D
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Shellyheath wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:Thanks everyone and thanks for the info, the waiting is already killing me. She's had offers from Bodywork Company and Renaissance Arts, foundation offers from Performers and laine, shes got wilkes audition left, but we've let some of these go already. It's horrible letting places go, when you still have no clue wheres shes ending up and it's so hard to get an offer in the first place. Will be super glad when it's over, good luck all x

Hi
My daughter has also been accepted at Bodyworks and it is her first choice. We are going back for funding audition 30/5. Are you going to that ?

Shelly x
Yes we will be there also on the 30th x
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

Newbe2018 wrote:
Shellyheath wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:Thanks everyone and thanks for the info, the waiting is already killing me. She's had offers from Bodywork Company and Renaissance Arts, foundation offers from Performers and laine, shes got wilkes audition left, but we've let some of these go already. It's horrible letting places go, when you still have no clue wheres shes ending up and it's so hard to get an offer in the first place. Will be super glad when it's over, good luck all x

Hi
My daughter has also been accepted at Bodyworks and it is her first choice. We are going back for funding audition 30/5. Are you going to that ?

Shelly x
Yes we will be there also on the 30th x
I have sent you both a PM !