Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

oscar
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by oscar »

Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:Woo hoo! Just got back from our last audition trip and SO pleased to read this Marissa. Congratulations!
Thankyou x how did the audition go?
He was quite positive and thought he kept up in his class of ten boys (more doing funding today and tomorrow). The solo bit was strange though, lots of questions from Miss Laine and asked to repeat his solo dance which we are not sure is a good thing!
Being asked to redo things is generally positive. If they were not interested they certainly wouldn't waste their tome. Good luck
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

oscar wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote: Thankyou x how did the audition go?
He was quite positive and thought he kept up in his class of ten boys (more doing funding today and tomorrow). The solo bit was strange though, lots of questions from Miss Laine and asked to repeat his solo dance which we are not sure is a good thing!
Being asked to redo things is generally positive. If they were not interested they certainly wouldn't waste their tome. Good luck
Hadn’t thought of it like that. That’s encouraging
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

I think so too x although we do tend to read into every move don't we lol x At the Hammond audition. The dance teacher examined their spines and on DDs she stopped and said I can tell you've grown a lot over the last two yrs! Well DD just wanted to say 'well yes obviously!' But we never knew if it was a good thing or not lol
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Anyone else here waiting for recall/funding outcome from Laine? I looked back on the Auditioning 2017 thread and it seemed to take about three weeks last time. My nerves will be shot by then!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Nearly finished student finance forms!
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Marissa wrote:Nearly finished student finance forms!
Congrats Melissa! Hope your dd is feeling very excited!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

loladd33 wrote:
Marissa wrote:Nearly finished student finance forms!
Congrats Melissa! Hope your dd is feeling very excited!
Thankyou she is but still not sure what to do if Trinity offer her a place on the foundation? It makes sense to go to The Hammond but Trinity was the dream x any advice?
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

I think as others have said to those in a similar situation it comes down to whether or not you/DD want to take the risk and go through the whole process again next year in order to try and get another 3 year offer.
Only you/DD can really answer that, but having followed your journey I think I would take the 3year offer at the Hammond....Good Luck whatever you both decide x
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Fullmoon wrote:I think as others have said to those in a similar situation it comes down to whether or not you/DD want to take the risk and go through the whole process again next year in order to try and get another 3 year offer.
Only you/DD can really answer that, but having followed your journey I think I would take the 3year offer at the Hammond....Good Luck whatever you both decide x
Not just the risk but the emotional and financial roller coaster that a year of auditioning is! Would you both be up for doing that all over again? :lol:
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

jennifer1972 wrote:
Fullmoon wrote:I think as others have said to those in a similar situation it comes down to whether or not you/DD want to take the risk and go through the whole process again next year in order to try and get another 3 year offer.
Not just the risk but the emotional and financial roller coaster that a year of auditioning is! Would you both be up for doing that all over again? :lol:
Me no! Lol but it's a choice she has to make and I will support her x do you think Hammonds good enough? I know it's not a top one but it has a good rep x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

What also worries me is going for Trinity and then not getting in afterwards and then where to go as there doesn't seem to be many funded places she likes in London. I can only afford one yr of funding and that's asking a lot x
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Marissa - This is just my opinion, but if your DD is happy with the offer at The Hammond then take that.

There's no guarantee of an offer anywhere after a foundation. She may not get offerred a 3 yr place at the same place as she did the foundation at. As someone else pointed out, if she does get a place somewhere next year the funding may be different to what is being offered this year.

If your DD isn't happy with The Hammond offer and you can afford to fund a foundation year - then go for it.
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Hi Marissa. My dd auditioned for colleges last year and was offered a DaDA at Performers but was really hankering for the degree at Bird. Someone said to her that very few people will end up at their dream college as money is usually a factor. It's up to the student to take everything they can from each class. If your dd has drive, passion and talent then she will do well at either Hammond or Trinity. My dd did actually get the call from Bird offering her the degree but by then she had decided to go to Performers as she felt they were the ones who were willing to invest in her and she hasn't looked back. Wishing you and your dd all the best .
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Hi, I'm very new to all this, I feel a little on my own, my dd is the only one from the dance school auditioning this year and I have no clue what I'm doing, just riding a very stressful train!! Your post caught my eye, as my dd has been offered the reserve list for the degree course at Bird, and I was wondering when you got the call offering the place?
Maxi
Nominee

Post by Maxi »

DD has been offered reserve place for BA honours at Bird. She has a place a Chichester and Foundation for Trinity and PPA. Due to being a single mum foundation is not an option. But Bird is the only one she has ever wanted. How does applying for student finance work if you haven't actually got a place yet, can you still apply just incase? Our lives have been on hold for months, very stressful business!