Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Felicity »

Marissa wrote: Arghhh SHE GOT A PLACE AT HAMMOND!!! So pleased!!! Thankyou for all your kind words xxx
Dear Rhythmanddreams x I think your idea sounds good and your DD needs a rest to recover etc x I also am so grateful for everyone's support over the last six months and for the next few months lol x it's such a shame hubby isn't supportive but at least she has a fabulous mum to support her xxx I will continue to watch your journey xxx huge hugs xxx
[/quote]

Woohoo that is just brilliant news for you and your daughter Marissa. Congratulations!
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

So pleased Marissa!!!!!! Well done
I had a little sneaky feeling you would get good news
Xxxxxx

Ps: lovely lovely post rhythmanddreams xxx best of luck for next auditions which will be here before you know it! ;)
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Great news Marissa! Lovely post rhythmanddreams! What an eventful journey you and your DD’s have been on!
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Woooooooo hooooooooo !!!!! =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Sooooo happy for you and your DD Marissa!!! That’s great news and as for the email saga, that would be the sort of luck I’d have :lol: :lol: :lol:

But what a great end result! Well done.

I will continue to cross fingers for my DS GSA email ........ counting the days til 3rd May when they said he will know by #-o
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Fantastic news, well done to her =D>
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

I am so happy! Thankyou everyone and I'm wishing you all the best luck in the world!! Lets hope we hear more happy stories here whether it's for this yr or next! For all I know DD may end up choosing the trinity foundation should she get an offer and have to audition again next yr x
WildFrontier1
Nominee

Post by WildFrontier1 »

Hello

Hope everyone is surviving the audition process - think we're nearly at the end!

Just wondered if anyone had experience of Northern Ballet School in Manchester and if anyone knew how much pointe work they do in the first year?

My DD has just been offered a DADA for there. She hadn't fully considered it as she knew we couldn't afford it unless you got a DADA, so think it's back on the list now.

Thankyou.

Regards.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Have people seen that Renaissance Arts in Leeds have just announced a final audition date?! X
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Dancemum1973 wrote:Have people seen that Renaissance Arts in Leeds have just announced a final audition date?! X
Not come across this place before. Does anybody know much about it....contact hours, grad destinations etc?
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Marissa wrote:Still waiting to hear from Hammond :(
Oh no Marissa! I have been checking in each day to see if you had heard yet - how frustrating for you and your DD! ](*,) I hope that you get some resolve today and that the Hammond can let you know one way or another

We are done auditioning this year after the whole Chichester fiasco, DD has decided to take a year out next year, hopefully get a part time job and really focus on her training from end of June after A-levels through to the next round of auditions for 2019, of which we hope to stat auditioning much earlier. I think she will be able to really enjoy her training again as it's become a bit of a slog fitting everything in with A-level exams approaching, but there are a number of older students in her drama & musical theatre classes this year so she knows she won't be the eldest there next year. I did have a few really down days last weekend after she was unable to attend Chichester when she was ill, and where I blamed myself for the fact that she couldn't take up her place at Performers on the foundation course due to the cost. I think that because DD has a positive outlook for a gap year next year it has helped me feel better about it, as I think if she had been very down and depressed my heart would have broken for her.

Her dad is going to be furious and is still banging on about her taking english or law so she has just stopped communicating with him, as every telephone call ends in an argument at the moment - she is 18 and can do whatever she likes for her further education, and he has never been especially supportive of her performing anyway and sees it very much as a hobby and not something that can be a proper job. He has decided that he will not contribute anything towards travel / audition expenses in the future as it's not his choice of course for her (not that he contributed much anyway), so she has also had to deal with the realisation that he only has his own and not her best interests at heart, which when she looked back through her childhood has always been the case, so she has decided to leave him out of the loop as much as possible, but it has been a sad, bittersweet moment watching her look at her father through adult eyes and see him differently. I have had to just step back and let them both get on with it.

Hopefully, this next year we will be much better prepared, as we know when the UCAS deadlines will be, can attend more open days etc, and DD is also now considering applying for both degree and diploma courses so this will open up her options more as well. I have told her though that she must have a solid back up plan as well in case she isn't accepted on a musical theatre course. She did leave it until the last min this year, by not deciding on musical theatre until end of october - everything seemed so rushed. I think I will have to go over and introduce myself over on the 2019 thread!

Just to say a big thankyou to everybody for being so supportive - and I have found so much help, advice and information here and it has been so good to know that other parents are in the same boat with their children, and that we all just want the best for them. You have all been truly amazing and have helped me advise my DD through some of the toughest decisions she has ever had to make, and which will directly impact on her future and career. Well done to everyone whose children have made it onto a course for September, all the best for the future, and to those like us who will be doing it all again - good luck for next year, and hope to hear how your children are getting on again soon. xx
Well done to your DD for such a positive can do attitude and to her lovely supportive Mum. She will be so much more prepared next year after all she has learnt, even though it’s hell for us Mums going through it with them.
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Congrats everyone who has got offers so far! We’re almost at the end!
Does anybody know if Tring Park offers A Levels alongside MT training for sixth form? (Dd is in Year 10) but we want to keep options open! Thank you! X
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Congratulations to your DD Marissa. So pleased to hear it was good news for her.

rhythmnanddreams - I think that is a sensible plan and is one day the route my DD will have to follow- especially as her strength is acting. Knowing your A level grades when you apply is a positive thing IMO anyway for any subject. She can also earn and save for the next year.

Shame her Dad isn't supportive though.
GillyM
Nominee

Post by GillyM »

Been checking to see if you had news Marissa - so happy for you both.
If she does decide to go there,I hope that she'll love it, it is quite a special place.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Marissa wrote:Still waiting to hear from Hammond :(
Oh no Marissa! I have been checking in each day to see if you had heard yet - how frustrating for you and your DD! ](*,) I hope that you get some resolve today and that the Hammond can let you know one way or another

We are done auditioning this year after the whole Chichester fiasco, DD has decided to take a year out next year, hopefully get a part time job and really focus on her training from end of June after A-levels through to the next round of auditions for 2019, of which we hope to stat auditioning much earlier. I think she will be able to really enjoy her training again as it's become a bit of a slog fitting everything in with A-level exams approaching, but there are a number of older students in her drama & musical theatre classes this year so she knows she won't be the eldest there next year. I did have a few really down days last weekend after she was unable to attend Chichester when she was ill, and where I blamed myself for the fact that she couldn't take up her place at Performers on the foundation course due to the cost. I think that because DD has a positive outlook for a gap year next year it has helped me feel better about it, as I think if she had been very down and depressed my heart would have broken for her.

Her dad is going to be furious and is still banging on about her taking english or law so she has just stopped communicating with him, as every telephone call ends in an argument at the moment - she is 18 and can do whatever she likes for her further education, and he has never been especially supportive of her performing anyway and sees it very much as a hobby and not something that can be a proper job. He has decided that he will not contribute anything towards travel / audition expenses in the future as it's not his choice of course for her (not that he contributed much anyway), so she has also had to deal with the realisation that he only has his own and not her best interests at heart, which when she looked back through her childhood has always been the case, so she has decided to leave him out of the loop as much as possible, but it has been a sad, bittersweet moment watching her look at her father through adult eyes and see him differently. I have had to just step back and let them both get on with it.

Hopefully, this next year we will be much better prepared, as we know when the UCAS deadlines will be, can attend more open days etc, and DD is also now considering applying for both degree and diploma courses so this will open up her options more as well. I have told her though that she must have a solid back up plan as well in case she isn't accepted on a musical theatre course. She did leave it until the last min this year, by not deciding on musical theatre until end of october - everything seemed so rushed. I think I will have to go over and introduce myself over on the 2019 thread!

Just to say a big thankyou to everybody for being so supportive - and I have found so much help, advice and information here and it has been so good to know that other parents are in the same boat with their children, and that we all just want the best for them. You have all been truly amazing and have helped me advise my DD through some of the toughest decisions she has ever had to make, and which will directly impact on her future and career. Well done to everyone whose children have made it onto a course for September, all the best for the future, and to those like us who will be doing it all again - good luck for next year, and hope to hear how your children are getting on again soon. xx
Ah Rhythmanddreams what a bittersweet post. Firstly I'm glad you have found peace in the unfortunate situation with Chichester and your DD's illness - I am a believer in things happen for a reason and I think the snow then illness were signs maybe not just yet. It really isn't that long until the next round starts and you both will be so much better prepared and know what to expect for next year. I will look forward to hearing about your progress.

With regards to the dad. It is unfortunate he is behaving in this way, he will have no choice but to accept it - hoping time will help. Best of luck xx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Marissa wrote:
kzgirl wrote:Well done to your daughter Marissa, she must be so excited. What was the delay in letting her know?
They forgot her on the email list! So if we hadnt of phoned we would never have known! They apologised greatly and changed her track right away x It's such a relief x So Hammond School or a foundation at Trinity if she gets off the reserve list x Now that will be a tough decision should it happen but at least either way she's a happy girl x
Thankyou all x
Oh Marissa !! I'm so pleased for you both \:D/ \:D/ wow what an ending and a way to end on a high. Can't believe all this time she had a place and you had to wait it out [-( definitely calls for a celebration!