Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by kzgirl »

Thanks Robin, she has complaining that her tongue and throat are covered in white stuff, hope it's not glandular fever - she has her A Levels as well soon and can't afford any time off school really! She went in today, but had to come home at lunchtime as she wasn't feeling good at all. Hopefully the results will be back by friday with a better indication of what's wrong.
I will suggest to her that we ring Chichester and speak to them, at the moment I think she is too ill to care - in her head she has given up and it's now all over for this year because she can't go this weekend.

Hi rhythmanddreams

Keep an eye on your daughter, if she has any trouble swallowing please take her to A&E, my DD was in hospital for 7 days initially. Blood tests will reveal if she has glandular fever. The whites of eyes can also look a yellowish colour like jaundice with a high temperature.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Robin64 wrote: Check for glandular fever. Both my DDs had this and severe sore throat with white stuff in the throat is the main sign of it. Ask doctor to test for it. Needs steady recuperation and rest - at least 2 weeks off school or college. I would ring about the audition - there may be something that can be done but wishing your DD a speedy recovery xx
Thanks Robin, she has complaining that her tongue and throat are covered in white stuff, hope it's not glandular fever - she has her A Levels as well soon and can't afford any time off school really! She went in today, but had to come home at lunchtime as she wasn't feeling good at all. Hopefully the results will be back by friday with a better indication of what's wrong.
I will suggest to her that we ring Chichester and speak to them, at the moment I think she is too ill to care - in her head she has given up and it's now all over for this year because she can't go this weekend.
I would get a good to test her for GF as soon as possible. Better to know. Then contact school about her A levels so they can put something in place with the exam boards. If it is GF she will feel ill for a while and be tired. My DD has found she has had throat problems a few times since too. Only a blood test will confirm GF I think. Bless her, it is horrible. Lots of TLC xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Kzgirl I had to take DD to hospital out of hours gp service at the time because she was so poorly. I agree it's one to keep an eye on. Not sure why they are so prone at that age.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Robin64 wrote:
rhythmanddreams wrote:
Robin64 wrote: Check for glandular fever. Both my DDs had this and severe sore throat with white stuff in the throat is the main sign of it. Ask doctor to test for it. Needs steady recuperation and rest - at least 2 weeks off school or college. I would ring about the audition - there may be something that can be done but wishing your DD a speedy recovery xx
I would get a good to test her for GF as soon as possible. Better to know. Then contact school about her A levels so they can put something in place with the exam boards. If it is GF she will feel ill for a while and be tired. My DD has found she has had throat problems a few times since too. Only a blood test will confirm GF I think. Bless her, it is horrible. Lots of TLC xx
GP not good - sorry autocorrected. By the way it might be best to miss school if she had to come back early due to feeling poorly. If it is GF they really are wiped out.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Robin64 wrote:Kzgirl I had to take DD to hospital out of hours gp service at the time because she was so poorly. I agree it's one to keep an eye on. Not sure why they are so prone at that age.
We had to do the same Robin64 after having been to GP twice, ended up taking to emergency care in the evening. Only symptom now is that when DS has cold/sore throat just hits him harder. Although really recommend pure manukka honey as he recovers quickly with it.

How is your DD today Rhythmanddreams?
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

Live_thedream wrote:
We had to do the same Robin64 after having been to GP twice, ended up taking to emergency care in the evening. Only symptom now is that when DS has cold/sore throat just hits him harder. Although really recommend pure manukka honey as he recovers quickly with it.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies. We had a bad night, she had a lot of pain just under her ribs (though hadn't been coughing) and couldn't get comfy in any position, sitting or lying down in addition to the sore throat, and barely slept and needed assistance moving from sitting to lying down or vice versa. She had already been to the GP at the start of the week who had taken some throat swabs (results due tomorrow) and when I called them this morning they wouldn't let her see a GP as results weren't back, but made her a nurse appointment for this morning.
She was clearly unwell, unsteady on her feet and dizzy from lack of eating, and with this pain in her upper abdomen. The nurse practitioner has prescribed a hefty course of antibiotics, we still have to wait for swab results tomorrow, but she thinks that the stomach glands and her actual stomach are inflamed due to a combination of barely eating for four days (due to the sore throat), followed by three days of not eating at all - barring the occasional frozen yoghurt tube and taking paracetamol on an empty stomach during that time.

Hopefully once she gets on with the antibiotics she will start to get better, and will ring Chichester tomorrow.
Thanks everybody for your kind concern! It has been good to have a support group who understands xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:

Thanks everyone for your kind replies. We had a bad night, she had a lot of pain just under her ribs (though hadn't been coughing) and couldn't get comfy in any position, sitting or lying down in addition to the sore throat, and barely slept and needed assistance moving from sitting to lying down or vice versa. She had already been to the GP at the start of the week who had taken some throat swabs (results due tomorrow) and when I called them this morning they wouldn't let her see a GP as results weren't back, but made her a nurse appointment for this morning.
She was clearly unwell, unsteady on her feet and dizzy from lack of eating, and with this pain in her upper abdomen. The nurse practitioner has prescribed a hefty course of antibiotics, we still have to wait for swab results tomorrow, but she thinks that the stomach glands and her actual stomach are inflamed due to a combination of barely eating for four days (due to the sore throat), followed by three days of not eating at all - barring the occasional frozen yoghurt tube and taking paracetamol on an empty stomach during that time.

Hopefully once she gets on with the antibiotics she will start to get better, and will ring Chichester tomorrow.
Thanks everybody for your kind concern! It has been good to have a support group who understands xx
It reads like GF to me. They feel so ill and can't eat - probably the most ill my girls have been. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in and start to help. The GP should have rushed the results. Ours phoned us at home very quickly to confirm. Bed rest, and I agree with trying the Manukka honey. The throat then does seem to be adversely affected with any colds and sore throats in future so really take care to avoid germs and invest in a vocal steamer. DD has had at least 2 bad throat illnesses a year since GF. Hope she feels better soon xx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:

Really sorry to hear your DD is so poorly rhythmanddreams and hoping that you get an answer re: GF tomorrow and some help from Chichester.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sounds awful Rhythmanddreams, poor lass. Hope you hear some news today xx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Good luck to Mountview recallers today!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:

Bless her..definitely ring Chichester..I am sure they will be very understanding.

My dd had laryngytis when she auditioned for a full time place at SY many years ago.,.they were brilliant about it and advised her not to sing....she still did her acting and dancing and was lucky enough to get in..
Let us know what Chichester says
Sending get well vibes to your dd xxxx :)
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Good luck to your DS Scarytimes at Mountview recall today, and any others there too!

My DS took the decision not to go in the end, after receiving the Trinity Laban offer, he knew financially it would just not be realistic if he were to be offered a place, but grateful to have been recalled.

Student finance all applied for and approved this week so it’s all becoming real now! :( :)

Just the GSA wait........................................... ](*,)
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Candafitt wrote:Good luck to your DS Scarytimes at Mountview recall today, and any others there too!

My DS took the decision not to go in the end, after receiving the Trinity Laban offer, he knew financially it would just not be realistic if he were to be offered a place, but grateful to have been recalled.

Student finance all applied for and approved this week so it’s all becoming real now! :( :)

Yes good luck to your DS scarytimes at Mountview xxx
My sons 3 pals are there today too

We went down to watch my son in the mountview foundation showcase on Wednesday - wow! I was so impressed with them all - I can’t imagine why a lot of them didn’t get recalled :(

Glad you’re getting all sorted candafitt x
I need to get on to the student finance website soon lol x

Sending big hugs to you and your daughter rhythmanddreams xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Candafitt wrote:Good luck to your DS Scarytimes at Mountview recall today, and any others there too!

Yes my DD didn't even apply to Mountview due to the cost. We just had to be realistic even though it sounds like a great course. Can you apply for student finance before you know where you are going then? Or have you applied with trinity in mind then can change if GSA comes through?
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Sorry to butt in but yes you can apply for the finance and then use it for whichever college you decide on at a later stage x