Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Sherbert »

Live_thedream wrote:Hi everyone, well after a much-needed break from auditions - we are back this week! DS has GSA audition on Thursday. Going with an open mind - he received a Merit for his Btec not Distinction so the grade factor is likely to come in.

Then one more in April at Central. Numbers of in-take are even lower but it's all or nothing.

I really am happy for all the good news coming in - we all know how hard you have to work before and during auditions, it's a slog - including on nerves of parents too, so can appreciate the happiness parents of successful auditionees must be feeling.

I, myself am trying not to feel too low - at the start of the audition process, DS had 4 options and entered it with hope. We are now half-way through with no success and 2 more to go - both feeling like they are impossible to reach, but worth a try. I really am praying he gets some luck, else it's back to the drawing board. [-o< [-o<

I have everything crossed for you and your son live_thedream - I have never wanted anyone to get a place (as much as my own son)

Best of luck to him at GSA and Central - both fantastic schools xx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Best of luck to your DD rhythmanddreams xxx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sherbert wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:Hi everyone, well after a much-needed break from auditions - we are back this week! DS has GSA audition on Thursday. Going with an open mind - he received a Merit for his Btec not Distinction so the grade factor is likely to come in.

Then one more in April at Central. Numbers of in-take are even lower but it's all or nothing.

I really am happy for all the good news coming in - we all know how hard you have to work before and during auditions, it's a slog - including on nerves of parents too, so can appreciate the happiness parents of successful auditionees must be feeling.

I, myself am trying not to feel too low - at the start of the audition process, DS had 4 options and entered it with hope. We are now half-way through with no success and 2 more to go - both feeling like they are impossible to reach, but worth a try. I really am praying he gets some luck, else it's back to the drawing board. [-o< [-o<

I have everything crossed for you and your son live_thedream - I have never wanted anyone to get a place (as much as my own son)

Best of luck to him at GSA and Central - both fantastic schools xx
Thank you Sherbert, that is very kind of you to say and means a lot :) Hope you are still riding high on your DS's success from last week :)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:
Joshan18 wrote:Marissa we live about 14 miles away from the Hammond. There is very little snow here today. It may be slightly worse in Chester but I would imagine that the roads will be prretty clear now.
Thankyou so much! We have dug the car out and the lane so touchwood we don't get any more snow!
Hope you get there safely and hoping for a brilliant result too.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

I have everything crossed for your DS. It has to be a good sign that both GSA and Central recalled him!

This is so tough and although my DS has a couple of offers, they are grade dependant so no guarantee at all - especially as this whole process has taken so much time and energy from A levels. Three more recalls to go, but realistically only one of these is affordable (even if they offer as much as they can) and one he really doesn't want to go to unless GSA and Urdang both don't work out for grades. I had hoped we would know one way or the other by Easter - but it doesn't look like it!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

The GSA offer has come through on UCAS but DS having a bit of an academic crisis and is not sure AAB is even possible.
Does anyone know if GSA are at all flexible if they have offered you a place and you don't quite get the grades?
He is thinking that ABB or even BBB may be more likely though he is probably pessimistic.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Lots and lots of luck to your DS for Thursday! Does he only want to go to one of the 4 schools he applied to i.e. he ruled out auditioning anywhere else?
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

DanceDiva wrote:
jasmine2 wrote:Bodyworks Cambridge have audition dates in April..need to apply by next Friday 23rd March...just a thought for anyone still deciding x great place to study .. hard work but fab results x
Jasmine2 -- have you seen their Move It piece yet ?
Thought it was fantastic but then I was a teeny weeny bit biased !
oohh no I haven't...Will look now xx
Last edited by jasmine2 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Scarytimes wrote:

I have everything crossed for your DS. It has to be a good sign that both GSA and Central recalled him!

This is so tough and although my DS has a couple of offers, they are grade dependant so no guarantee at all - especially as this whole process has taken so much time and energy from A levels. Three more recalls to go, but realistically only one of these is affordable (even if they offer as much as they can) and one he really doesn't want to go to unless GSA and Urdang both don't work out for grades. I had hoped we would know one way or the other by Easter - but it doesn't look like it!
Fab news re potential place at GSA Scarytimes but I know what you mean about the impact of time away from A-level studies. What does he have to get for Urdang? Plus what else does your DS have on the table? I have lost track!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Felicity wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Fab news re potential place at GSA Scarytimes but I know what you mean about the impact of time away from A-level studies. What does he have to get for Urdang? Plus what else does your DS have on the table? I have lost track!
Thanks Felicity - 80 points for Urdang so CCC or BB should be ok (but you never know). He still has recalls for Laine, Mountview and London Studio Centre to do in April but they are nowhere near as affordable even if he were good enough to get some funding/a place.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:

Haha no if only he did have recalls!! He is going to his first round audition at GSA on Thursday and Central in April.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Felicity wrote:
Lots and lots of luck to your DS for Thursday! Does he only want to go to one of the 4 schools he applied to i.e. he ruled out auditioning anywhere else?
Thanks Felicity. DS is an actor/singer, which rules him out for a number of places like Bird, Laine, Urdang etc. There was PPA but for personal reasons doesn't want to apply there. The other one I am trying to encourage him to audition for is is London College of Music - but I think he's hoping for a break in one of the others. This is his second year of trying and if he gets nowhere this year, he will have to open up his options most certainly next year.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Live_thedream wrote:
Felicity wrote:
Thanks Felicity. DS is an actor/singer, which rules him out for a number of places like Bird, Laine, Urdang etc. There was PPA but for personal reasons doesn't want to apply there. The other one I am trying to encourage him to audition for is is London College of Music - but I think he's hoping for a break in one of the others. This is his second year of trying and if he gets nowhere this year, he will have to open up his options most certainly next year.
Yes we missed LCM. There was some chat on this in an earlier thread and it looked good. DD would have put this on her UCAS form if we had known.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Live_thedream wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Haha no if only he did have recalls!! He is going to his first round audition at GSA on Thursday and Central in April.
Oh! I'm sorry. Getting really confused with all the auditions going on. Let's hope there will be the recalls to come
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Scarytimes wrote:The GSA offer has come through on UCAS but DS having a bit of an academic crisis and is not sure AAB is even possible.
Does anyone know if GSA are at all flexible if they have offered you a place and you don't quite get the grades?
He is thinking that ABB or even BBB may be more likely though he is probably pessimistic.
Good luck to your DS. From what I understand the AAB is set by the Univrsity of Surrey as that's there minimum entry for all their courses. We were told there may be some flexibility if they really want someone, but not too much. That was a couple of years ago mind you

Break a leg