Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by jasmine2 »

So sorry to hear of the rejections... try not to look at it as 'you are not right for us' but more of a 'we are not right for you'. Something better will be around the corner xxx have any of you considered Bodyworks Cambridge? They have latervauditions xx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Marissa wrote:DD got her trinity rejection x absolutely gutted x but oh well maybe next yr x Manchester seems nice and the teachers are great x hopefully this move will give her more chance next yr x one more audition but not sure she wants hammond now x
So very sorry to hear that Marissa I hope Manchester goes well. My DD got a no as well - think she’s a bit low but she has told me she’s definitely not giving up and has already thought of lots of things she’ll do differently next time. It’s hard when they get a few No’s in a row and don’t have time to bounce back. We’ve got PPA Wednesday so hopefully confidence will be back up then. Do you find out about Manchester today or is it a wait again?

Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting.
Sorry too Coolcats, so hard but she sounds determined and positive. Good luck to her at PPA.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Ah sorry to hear of some rejections today. If it is first time round then just remember that can happen a lot and you are up against other candidates who were in your shoes last year and did an extra year on foundation or other course. I tell you it does make second time round pretty anxious though especially as the auditions come round late when they do the foundation.
Marissa wrote:DD got her trinity rejection x absolutely gutted x but oh well maybe next yr x Manchester seems nice and the teachers are great x hopefully this move will give her more chance next yr x one more audition but not sure she wants hammond now x
Manchester is a great place for young people with lots of things going on. It sounds like a good choice finance-wise too.

Good luck at PPA coolcatsmomma.

Fingers crossed if you are waiting. It's tough! We won't have an outcome til the middle of May so I am trying not to worry.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Robin64 wrote:Ah sorry to hear of some rejections today. If it is first time round then just remember that can happen a lot and you are up against other candidates who were in your shoes last year and did an extra year on foundation or other course. I tell you it does make second time round pretty anxious though especially as the auditions come round late when they do the foundation.
Manchester is a great place for young people with lots of things going on. It sounds like a good choice finance-wise too.

Fingers crossed if you are waiting. It's tough! We won't have an outcome til the middle of May so I am trying not to worry.
This is her first time and she is far behind although a very quick learner but with only four yrs dance etc on others it is understandable x The other problem we have is DD is so young looking! The girls at Manchester were shocked at how young she looked for her age x great on the future but hard when your trying to show people that you are ready x I am quite heartbroken for her and do feel beaten down now but she's okay and ready to take an extra year out x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Robin64 wrote:Ah sorry to hear of some rejections today. If it is first time round then just remember that can happen a lot and you are up against other candidates who were in your shoes last year and did an extra year on foundation or other course. I tell you it does make second time round pretty anxious though especially as the auditions come round late when they do the foundation.

This is her first time and she is far behind although a very quick learner but with only four yrs dance etc on others it is understandable x The other problem we have is DD is so young looking! The girls at Manchester were shocked at how young she looked for her age x great on the future but hard when your trying to show people that you are ready x I am quite heartbroken for her and do feel beaten down now but she's okay and ready to take an extra year out x and Manchester looks great x Goodluck all waiting x
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

The first year our DD auditioned, all her auditions were after Christmas, where student finance funding is required we found out that most of the places were gone. The second year she auditioned DD applied early October through UCAS all auditions were completed by second week of January and DD got offers. DD hadn’t danced for 8 months for her second year of auditions but got her place. I am sure a lot of places are given out and accepted by mid January. I expect. This doesn’t apply to everywhere but a lot of DD year group auditioned early on.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sorry Marissa and Coolcatsmomma about the nos. Every time just keep telling yourself the right place and time hasn't come along yet - it will xx
I one day hope for our dilemma to be spoilt for choice rather than wondering is this year going to be it or will it be the next.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sherbert wrote:That was my 'we're all anxiously waiting look'
We haven't had an email or update yet...
My sons 2 friends have just heard - both on the reserve so really happy x
Have everything crossed Sherbert xx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Live_thedream wrote:

Thank you so much xxx still waiting to hear :?

We too hope for that dilemma of choice one day :lol:

I’ll always remember your line last year...”his time will come” - I think of that a lot and it certainly will for all of our little stars O:)
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Sherbert wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:

Thank you so much xxx still waiting to hear :?

We too hope for that dilemma of choice one day :lol:

I’ll always remember your line last year...”his time will come” - I think of that a lot and it certainly will for all of our little stars O:)
Probs a good sign that he might be offered a place as Trinity seem to have processed the people who didn’t get through and those on the reserve list. Has he logged into CUCAS directly? My DD never received an email even after CUCAS came back online, the system just showed a change in status to reserve. I hope it works out for him x
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Thanks Felicity xx fingers crossed :)
Yes he has logged in directly - still says pending x
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Gosh this is nerve wrecking!
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

With all the talk of "will this be the year", I wonder how many parents on here have got stories to tell how many years their DCs spent trying to get into the place of their dreams.

I am a 2nd year parent.
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

We’re in!! Trinity! So pleased for my son
He’s worked so hard on his foundation year at Mountview (and I’ve worked even harder to pay for it :D)

After 2 no’s this year (2nd year applying) he’s finally there

Thank you everybody for all the support and best of luck to your sons/daughters who are still waiting for auditions/recalls/reserve places xxx
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Sherbert wrote:We’re in!! Trinity! So pleased for my son
He’s worked so hard on his foundation year at Mountview (and I’ve worked even harder to pay for it :D)

After 2 no’s this year (2nd year applying) he’s finally there

Thank you everybody for all the support and best of luck to your sons/daughters who are still waiting for auditions/recalls/reserve places xxx
That is brilliant news for you and DS. =D> Huge congratulations! I had a feeling he would get in after how you said his audition went.

Did you manage to discover any more about how the reserve list worked for your DS’ friend last year? I think DD has emailed today to ask where she is on the reserve list!

Enjoy the celebrations!