Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Felicity »

Live_thedream wrote:
Felicity wrote:In response to the audition experiences people have posted, I thought I would summarise my DD’s. It shows how much on-the-day feelings and impressions vary. DD has no previous connection to any of the establishments.

Arts Ed (Nov) - loved it. Got a recall in the afternoon which was intense and involved more singing, testing her voice, another monologue, physical examination and an interview. Foundation offer.

Mountview (Dec) didn’t get a good feeling. No recall/offer.

GSA (Dec) - quite short but she enjoyed it, especially the dance workshop as the leader was friendly. Recalled (still to do this).

Central (Dec) loved it and got a recall which she said was very challenging but enjoyable. She got a lot out of the acting recall sessions but felt the initial singing component was insufficient and there was no dance assessment. No offer.

Chichester (Jan) - Quite a lot of dance/workshopping and a tiring day but she enjoyed it and got an offer for the triple threat degree course. They didn’t hear her monologue but did ask her questions about how she developed her song character.

Trinity (Feb) - loved it and felt out of all of the auditions yet that she got the opportnuity to show skills in all 3 areas. Recalled and waiting for decision.

She still has a audition to do at PPA in March.

DD decided not to apply for the heavier dance courses at Urdang and Bird etc as she didn’t feel they suited her.
Well done to your DD on recalls/offers!! =D> it's even more challenging for girls due to number auditioning so that's brill!

Just out of interest how long did Arts Ed take to contact with offer of foundation after recall?

Lotsoflaffs :D good point! Would be interesting to know if anyone did!
Thanks! I think the Foundation offer at Arts Ed came through quite quickly by post but I can’t remember if it was one or two weeks. No longer than that but DD did audition quite early so maybe there was less admin time then?
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

jaybeeyellow wrote:Felicity,
Di you get my PM?
Just replied x
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Sadly another no for DD today at ArtsEd. She wasn’t surprised as she didn’t think she did as well at this one and said the dance was very fast paced. Lots of waiting for everyone to finish as the singing is individually.
On a brighter note we are getting better at handling it all and maintaining perspective so that’s a small plus (got to find one somewhere!). And she did at least get to wear the outfit for her song (not jeans!)

GSA and PPA left now. Good luck to everyone still on this merry go round x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

coolcatsmomma wrote:Sadly another no for DD today at ArtsEd. She wasn’t surprised as she didn’t think she did as well at this one and said the dance was very fast paced. Lots of waiting for everyone to finish as the singing is individually.
On a brighter note we are getting better at handling it all and maintaining perspective so that’s a small plus (got to find one somewhere!). And she did at least get to wear the outfit for her song (not jeans!)

Sorry to hear that, but good luck for the remaining.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

coolcatsmomma wrote:Sadly another no for DD today at ArtsEd. She wasn’t surprised as she didn’t think she did as well at this one and said the dance was very fast paced. Lots of waiting for everyone to finish as the singing is individually.

What a nice attitude. Yes, chin up it's all experience that helps. I do feel for you, it's quite disheartening but keep going. This was DD last year. Our news is a recall for Urdang - DD in shock and chuffed. Can anyone shed light on the £75 fee for funding consideration please - not sure if it's right for us. Need the degree offer but I believe there is a difference in loan/ actual fees - can DD be considered to have this difference made up by paying the £75 or is it only for dada? Also still not really clear if the recall for "one of our full time courses" means definite something or still could be a no.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Munchpot wrote:

Yes sorry from me too coolcatsmomma - wishing her luck for the next two
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Also still not really clear if the recall for "one of our full time courses" means definite something or still could be a no.

okay have looked on the website again and I understand it is not a place just another audition. Oh well it will be a new experience.
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Robin64, I thought I remembered somebody asking this question...it was didancer55 who asked and this is Upinlights response.....hope it helps.......

Hi

didancer55 My dd received the same letter and unfortunately it does not mean a confirmed place this year. I called to check and they said due to sheer number of applicants. They are being considered for all courses including the AVT , if they are the correct age for it. Her recall is 24th Feb, she auditioned in December. Well done to your dd . Mine is only 15 so this is all new to us too.
Last edited by Fullmoon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Thank you Munchpot and Robin64.
And very well done to your DD Robin64 I can see now how hard it is to even get a recall.
josielee
Nominee

Post by josielee »

Robin64, my dd has also received an email today regarding a recall at Urdang. I'm under the impression that the £75.00 is if you want to be considered for a DADA or for the shortfall between student loan and Urdang fees. Although, I'm sure I read somewhere about somebody turning up for an audition and they were just being considered for the Foundation, I would be really vexed if I pay £75.00 for a Foundation only recall audition!! Have to say I'm finding the whole process really stressful!!
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

It is free to be considered for the DADA only, £75 if you want to be considered for the other scholarship that are not means tested. I called to check this.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Upinlights, thanks for that. Will probably go for it then.
Josielee, I agree it is quite tricky to get your head round all the different systems.
Dd mentioned some enormous retainer you have to pay to secure your place which comes before getting all your offers. That seems steep. Sigh. Pleased and worried at the same time!!
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Finally, got the letter from Artsed in the post following recall last week, informing DS didn't get a place. First feeling was of disappointment for DS but then relief we finally knew and can focus now on the next one.
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Live_thedream wrote:
Munchpot wrote:

Yes sorry from me too coolcatsmomma - wishing her luck for the next two
Thanks as well Live_thedream
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Sorry to hear that but lots of luck to your DD at GSA and PPA.