PPA funding

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

chivers61
GRAMMY Award

PPA funding

Post by chivers61 »

Just wondering if anyone knows why Performance Preparation Academy - PPA - offer a BA accredited by DeMontfort University but you can't get a student fee loan or maintenance loan. It appears you can only get a PCDL of up to £10,000 towards years 2 and 3.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Re: PPA funding

Post by jasmine2 »

That seems very strange..if it is offering a degree from an accredited university..
Might be worth giving them a call x
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

chivers61 wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows why Performance Preparation Academy - PPA - offer a BA accredited by DeMontfort University but you can't get a student fee loan or maintenance loan. It appears you can only get a PCDL of up to £10,000 towards years 2 and 3.
They only started the degree course within last year or so and have to be accessed I believe to be able to offer funding. They had hoped it would be in place for this September intakes when we were shown round a few months ago
chivers61
GRAMMY Award

Post by chivers61 »

dancemom43 wrote:
chivers61 wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows why Performance Preparation Academy - PPA - offer a BA accredited by DeMontfort University but you can't get a student fee loan or maintenance loan. It appears you can only get a PCDL of up to £10,000 towards years 2 and 3.
They only started the degree course within last year or so and have to be accessed I believe to be able to offer funding. They had hoped it would be in place for this September intakes when we were shown round a few months ago
Thanks dancemom43. Looks like that may not happen then which is a shame as it would make the course much more attractive financially and it's a bit late now unless it happens in the next month or so.