E4 Stage School - D&B

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

chivers61
GRAMMY Award

E4 Stage School - D&B

Post by chivers61 »

Just seen that it's coming back! D&B never seems to get mentioned on here. Anyone have any informed views about why they chose to get involved in this in the first place let alone agree to another series? Given that it's in no way a true reflection on the real thing I can only assume it's money? Whole thing just promulgates the current fad that becoming famous is somehow an end in itself and how you do it doesn't matter. There is collateral damage for the industry as a whole given that many people who watch it will not know how untrue most of it is.
Barton285
BRIT Award

Re: E4 Stage School - D&B

Post by Barton285 »

Oh dear not again! There were three in the ensemble at the Panto my daughter was in last year (including Matt Terry who won last years X Factor - he came to watch the show just after he had won as his best friend was one of the ensemble and met all the youngsters, a lovely young man), anyway I digress! I spoke to some of them about the programme and school and they were disappointed as said it was a lovely school and not at all like it is portrayed on the television and that most of them in it were actors brought in to the programme! It was really interesting to hear it from their view. Why D&B agreed to it who knows,can only assume it is money as quite a few places were asked but they had to agree to giving final editing over to production team!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

What we need to remember is that this programme is not aimed at people who 'are in the business' but it's a scripted reality TV programme (Like Made in Chelsea and TOWIE) and therefore it's main aim is as an entertainment programme.

I would presume that D&B agreed for the exposure. If you look at the last series the amount of times their name was mentioned or their logo shown was incredible over a 30 episode run.

If you choose to train with them then the only way to fund is through scholarships or career development loans as t hey don't offer DADA's. Maybe the publicity they get from this show helps them have a full college paying full fees! I'm pretty sure it would also encourage the young teenagers who 'want to be a famous singer when they grow up' to sign up to the academy classes - again making money for the school

After all they are a business and it's all about making money?
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

When is it next on? My DD loved it. Totally agree with Muchpot's post about it.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

They've not announced a date for transmission yet. Just the Press Release that it's been recommissioned
I'm sure they'll be promos for it when it's due on air