Bird College Reserve List

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Re: Bird College Reserve List

Post by beanie-bean »

dancemom43 wrote:Anyone heard of any movement on Bird reserve lists yet ?
The current foundation students were given their feedback a week ago - think about 10 got a place out of 30 and a few nos then the rest went onto reserve.
Hi dancemom43....It all seems very quiet in my dd's little circle at the moment. I haven't heard of movement anywhere. On my dd's reserve list letter from Bird, it said not to expect to hear anything until mid June. Good Luck to your dd xx
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Anyone heard from Bird? DD received an email today saying something along the lines of that the places for Degree had now been filled and if she wanted to remain on the wait list then to let them know. More waiting for us. :(
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

beanie-bean wrote:Anyone heard from Bird? DD received an email today saying something along the lines of that the places for Degree had now been filled and if she wanted to remain on the wait list then to let them know. More waiting for us. :(
Yes we had this too. Have to respond by Thursday to confirm still interested (hopefully a few have found places elsewhere ?) You can ask on Friday where you sit on the reserve list as they will have had all their response by then.

We will call Friday to check and also confirm what number they usually get up to. Eg if you are 3 out of 100 and they normally get to 20 guess ok but if you are 97 atleast it makes a decision for you.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

My DD on the Diploma funding reserve list and she's not heard anything today
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing but in previous years Bird have given out places very late including up to the start of term so there is movement even after the current allocation. But as you say they will probably give you an indication of how far down the list they go typically.
dancemum21
Nominee

Post by dancemum21 »

Rang up bird and was told that it was hard to say if DD would be called back and couldn't say how likely it was she would get a place because they apparently haven't received replies from everyone that got emailed yet even though the deadline was yesterday!
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

dancemum21 wrote:Rang up bird and was told that it was hard to say if DD would be called back and couldn't say how likely it was she would get a place because they apparently haven't received replies from everyone that got emailed yet even though the deadline was yesterday!
Thats a shame as was hoping we might finally get some useful info like position number, how many on list etc.. and what number they get to. The email did say if reserve list people did not respond by Thursday they would remove them.

We tried calling this afternoon but not been able to get hold of any one.

Has any one had any luck today ?
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

I spoke to Tanya today. She was very nice and also confirmed that they were going to allow the non-responders more time to reply. She wouldn't say where dd was on the list but she did say that in previous years they have offered places to people with her mark and lower but it was unlikely we would hear anytime soon. She also said that if offered a place on reserve then they will phone dd and if there's no answer they will leave message and send an email....more waiting then! Xxx
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

beanie-bean wrote:I spoke to Tanya today. She was very nice and also confirmed that they were going to allow the non-responders more time to reply. She wouldn't say where dd was on the list but she did say that in previous years they have offered places to people with her mark and lower but it was unlikely we would hear anytime soon. She also said that if offered a place on reserve then they will phone dd and if there's no answer they will leave message and send an email....more waiting then! Xxx
That atleast sounds promising. Hope you hear something concrete before you have to make any payments or final decisions on other schools.
I would imagine a few people who have degree / diploma places at Bird will drop out when they have to make a payment if not 100% about going there

Good luck to your DD xx
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Dancemom43....It's horrible being on a wait list :cry: . Nothing seems to be moving yet and it would be nice to hear of good news for anyone really. good luck to your dd. Xxx
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

beanie-bean wrote:I spoke to Tanya today. She was very nice and also confirmed that they were going to allow the non-responders more time to reply. She wouldn't say where dd was on the list but she did say that in previous years they have offered places to people with her mark and lower but it was unlikely we would hear anytime soon. She also said that if offered a place on reserve then they will phone dd and if there's no answer they will leave message and send an email....more waiting then! Xxx
DD spoke with Tanya today and had it confirmed she was mid range on the list (would not say how many on list or what number she was). She just confirmed in previous years they had offered to her number and much lower in the past. We are just planning on the foundation there and if any news comes of this then great. Let us know if you hear of any reserves being offered places. x Good look all xx
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

dancemom43 wrote:
DD spoke with Tanya today and had it confirmed she was mid range on the list (would not say how many on list or what number she was). She just confirmed in previous years they had offered to her number and much lower in the past. We are just planning on the foundation there and if any news comes of this then great. Let us know if you hear of any reserves being offered places. x Good look all xx
Sounds like you and I had a very similar conversation dsncemom43. It's a bit complicated for us as I am not sure how long we can hold out on her 2nd choice before arranging accommodation. I think I will need nerves of steel. Good luck to your dd xxxx
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

beanie-bean wrote:
dancemom43 wrote:
Sounds like you and I had a very similar conversation dsncemom43. It's a bit complicated for us as I am not sure how long we can hold out on her 2nd choice before arranging accommodation. I think I will need nerves of steel. Good luck to your dd xxxx
I had a feeling it might be like this hence opting for foundation at Bird so we could book her accommodation. Just need to be happy with what you have as costs so much. Do you mind me asking where her back up is ?
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

sent you a pm dancemom43
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

I had a similar conversation with Tanya on Friday, they're not allowed to say how many students are on the reserve list or what number my DD was however she did tell me that she was in the top half of the list. I'm a great believer in fate so we'll wait & see, what will be will be, however not quite sure my 16yr old feels like me that! She's a bit perplexed to have been offered the same 2yrs running [-(