Bird College Reserve List

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Bird College Reserve List

Post by dancemom43 »

Thought I would start a new topic for anyone with a DC on the reserve list at Bird. My DD is on the reserve list for Degree and whilst she has other offers is holding out for this. The foundation students auditioned last Thursday so I am hoping with all auditions done we may start to hear something soon.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Bird College Reserve List

Post by 2girlsmum »

Hello, my DD has a place on the Diploma course at Bird but is on the reserve list for DADA funding so slightly different circumstances. I know from reading last years thread that you can ask where on the reserve lists you are but I'm not sure when you can ask.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Assume you will only take the place if get a Dada ? Is it her first choice ?
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Yes, I'm a single mum and sadly can't afford it without a DADA. She applied for both Diploma and Degree but letter only mentioned non funded Diploma place so when I call I'm going to ask whether she would be eligible to swap to Degree, if she could then with the student loan I could fund the difference.

Bird is her 2nd choice of the 3 offers she has. She has Diploma place at her 1st choice but again on the reserve list for funding and her 3rd choice is a Degree place so can get student loan and I could fund the difference (but she would be very happy to take this if either of the other 2 don't come off) .

What about your DD?
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Bird is her top choice. She got a place at Urdang but no funding and has turned down performers and millennium as has decided to do Bird foundation if reserve place does not happen.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Will keep my fingers crossed for your DD and I'll let you know if I hear of anything relating to Bird
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

What a great thread! My dd is also on reserve list for degree at Bird and the letter said not to expect to hear anything until mid June. She's given her scholarship back to Millennium as we felt it unfair to hang on to it as she definately doesnt want to go there. She has other offers and had a firm back up choice but we will just have to see. It is her top choice, but i have my reservations if Bird its the best place for her....so we will just have to see. Good luck everyone xxxx
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

Hi All, we're also waiting on the diploma reserve list! My Dd was in the same predicament last year, however she did have a couple of other offers, this year as she's in her 1st year of 6th form at 16, she decided to only try for Bird.
I have emailed them today, they can't tell me where on the list she sits as they are still offering awards & awaiting responses, so quite a lot of movement at the moment as the email said!
Good luck to all waiting x
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

We too are on the reserve list at Bird for Diploma. I think my daughter is pretty much decided on Bodyworks but it was nice to hear today that she's been offered a DADA at Stella Mann. She won't be taking up this offer so one back in the pot there for someone to benefit from too. Good luck all x
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

The current year foundation students find out in person their results this Friday so the placing on the reserve lists should be set.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Looking at the last 2 years on this site it appears most people on reserve found out in first 2 weeks of June with places still coming up in August
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Anyone any news on this ? I believe about 10 of the 30 current foundation students at Bird got offered a place on the 3 year course.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

I called them last Wednesday to ask a couple of questions and the lady was very helpful but said that they won't be able to tell people where they are on the reserve list until mid June, so she suggested I call back then.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

I see that offer letters went out the last couple of years in the first 2 weeks of June to those on reserve so fingers crossed our DC may hear something ?
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Anyone heard of any movement on Bird reserve lists yet ?
The current foundation students were given their feedback a week ago - think about 10 got a place out of 30 and a few nos then the rest went onto reserve.