Bird College Reserve List

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Re: Bird College Reserve List

Post by beanie-bean »

Oh CHEK how frustrating for your dd. Hope to hear of some movement soon and good luck to your dd and everyone else on a wait list. Xxx
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

We had the same conversation today, DD mid range on DADA funding reserve list for Diploma, yes in previous years they have offered to that position however no guarantee and even if offered, it could be mid, late August. I asked how things worked as DD also applied for degree and was told she was in similar place for that too. They said that they are still waiting to hear back from those who have been given offers. There will be another email go out in July to ask who still wants to be on the reserve lists.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

2girlsmum wrote:We had the same conversation today, DD mid range on DADA funding reserve list for Diploma, yes in previous years they have offered to that position however no guarantee and even if offered, it could be mid, late August. I asked how things worked as DD also applied for degree and was told she was in similar place for that too. They said that they are still waiting to hear back from those who have been given offers. There will be another email go out in July to ask who still wants to be on the reserve lists.
Does anyone know when the first payment for tuition fees has to be paid to the college for Diploma or Degree as guess people will drop out then if holding more than one college ?
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Our first payment was September
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Dogcop wrote:Our first payment was September
Oh Blimey that really would be leaving it till last minute for them to find out. Was hoping they would have to pay £1000 in July or something. Never mind x
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

:( It's tough-really feel for you all
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

DD has received an email from Bird with 2 forms attached, one to complete to confirm whether she wishes to stay on the DADA reserve list or not and the other one is a DADA self declaration of income form. The deadline to send these back is 7th July so I guess those that say no to staying on the list and those that don't reply will mean that there might be some more movement on the list.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

2girlsmum wrote:DD has received an email from Bird with 2 forms attached, one to complete to confirm whether she wishes to stay on the DADA reserve list or not and the other one is a DADA self declaration of income form. The deadline to send these back is 7th July so I guess those that say no to staying on the list and those that don't reply will mean that there might be some more movement on the list.
Thanks for letting us know x
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

2girlsmum wrote:DD has received an email from Bird with 2 forms attached, one to complete to confirm whether she wishes to stay on the DADA reserve list or not and the other one is a DADA self declaration of income form. The deadline to send these back is 7th July so I guess those that say no to staying on the list and those that don't reply will mean that there might be some more movement on the list.
My Dd has received the same email, thank you for posting your comment otherwise I don't think she would have ever checked her Spam!! :oops:
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

So I know some people have now given up waiting and have accepted other places. Just wondered who is still waiting like ourselves ? x
chivers61
GRAMMY Award

Post by chivers61 »

Don't know why they operate like this. As has been said on this and other threads they have "form" with respect to offers including people getting offers after term has started. They must miss out on talented candidates who like some on this forum just hand the offer back because they don't want to or can't wait. That's what we did. It's not a problem if you have a choice but if it's your only offer it's cruel and frankly unnecessary.

This may be controversial but the impression they give is that their perspective is more one of bums on seats and making money and treating applicants like a commodity. They are turning out graduates in alarming quantities every year. I'm not saying they are not up there with the best but I do wonder where they all end up.
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

My dd has given up with the Bird wait list now and accepted a DaDA elsewhere. My dd and I were given some advice by a lovely lady who reminded us that many people don't get their their top choice college as cost will normally be a factor and every one always has to go where they can afford. It's up to you as a student to take everything you can from each class. If you have drive, passion and talent then you should do well where ever you go. I agree with this and wish every one lots of luck.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I completely agree. If they are talented and work hard they will do well wherever they are
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Anyone heard of any more movement ? X
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

No, DD nor any of her friends have heard anything for a while