Funding

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Funding

Post by kzgirl »

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships, bursaries or charities that we could apply to for extra funding to help with the costs of attending uni. I know about student finance and the low income bursaries from the uni but is there anything else I have missed. Money will be tight and DD will have to work. DD will be doing the degree course at Chichester.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Re: Funding

Post by Caroline A-C »

Have you checked whether your local authority offer any funding bursaries? I know here in Berkshire there is a scheme to help talented young people with the cost of their chosen field. Its not much but every little helps.
All new to me!
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Thank Caroline A-C I will take a look and make some enquires.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

kzgirl wrote:I was just wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships, bursaries or charities that we could apply to for extra funding to help with the costs of attending uni. I know about student finance and the low income bursaries from the uni but is there anything else I have missed. Money will be tight and DD will have to work. DD will be doing the degree course at Chichester.
which part of the UK are you in? we are in Hertfordshire and DD gets a couple of grants which really help..
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

We are in Devon, not much around in this area
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

https://dramauk.co.uk/useful_funding_links

http://www.devon.gov.uk/index/learnings ... rities.htm

don't know if these any help...
We also contacted our local council offices who put us in touch with local grants and bursaries which really helped.
Good luck
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
klchaplin1980
BRIT Award

Post by klchaplin1980 »

Hi there.
A real long shot here but did anyone happen to write down the list of trusts from drama uk as the website has now closed down and I was only down to F.
Many Thanks.
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Sidney perry foundation, Talbot house trust, national youth arts trust
These are just three I remember, I will try to remember more.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

A website called turn2us has a list of charities/ funding links i think (not arts specific though) and i also think local libraries have a book with full list of funding/ charities. Might be worth asking. I didn't get anywhere asking local council when we were hoping to raise funds for DD to do ymt, ours doesn't seem that knowledgeable.