September 2016 starters

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

soda
BRIT Award

September 2016 starters

Post by soda »

Dd starts her MT foundation at ArtsEd on Friday, she moved into her house share on Monday. She has lovely housemates, all on the same course. I just wanted to wish all those starting their courses this month the best of luck and to say I'm thinking of all the mums and dads who'll be missing them.
Shabby
BRIT Award

Re: September 2016 starters

Post by Shabby »

My DS started at Urdang on the Diploma yesterday, just turned 17.
Hope he's having a great time, and made like minded friends.
Best wishes to all DCs and their parents too at this time :D
collieni
Nominee

Post by collieni »

DS is moving to London today, and starts at Mountview on Friday. It will be so strange without him! I know he's going to have the most wonderful time, though. Good luck to all the DC starting their courses soon :)
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Good luck to all...enjoy every minute.
DD is about to go into her last year at Bodyworks....time just flies by. It seems like only yesterday that she was starting out too!

:D keep us posted as to how they are all getting on
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

We're taking Dd2 to Sidcup tomorrow (she starts next Friday). Hope we can fit everything in the car :) She's already organised to meet a friend on Sunday in London (her friend started at Urdang this week).
Enjoy the ride everyone:)
About to do it all over again with Dd1 - must be crazy :)
jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Post by jesajo »

Hi Jaylou 62 is your dd going to Bird College .If so i think they are starting Thursday . Hope everyones dd's and d's have all move in now and have got to know one another before they start .Good luck every one . Jaylou 62 good luck to dd 1 for this year .
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Congratulations and good luck to all those talented dd and ds and all the proud parents too. My dd is off to RWCMD on Thursday. I know I will miss her and also I will worry myself senseless but I also feel very proud, shes achieved her dream and off she goes. :) :D :( :(
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Ds starts at Bird on Friday too. Maybe they have different start dates for diploma and degree courses.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Dropped DD2 at the halls today, she moved to London to start the degree at LSC on Monday... Very emotional! Fingers crossed everything goes well!

2 DDs away now, very strange to become a one-child-at-home family!!
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

DD starts Bodyworks tomorrow as a first year student after doing Foundation there.
She got up this morning to wave her Foundation housemates off to college - she said she felt like a proud mum !
It's also her 18th birthday tomorrow and her one wish was to spend it in college - says a lot for the staff and students if you want to spend your birthday in college !
Good luck to everyone starting their new chapters
als17
BRIT Award

Post by als17 »

We took our DD up to Essex on Saturday to her shared house. She starts at East 15 next Monday so the housemates are using this week to bond. It was painful for me but extremely exciting for her. Good luck to everyone starting their journey, and good luck to the parents they leave behind x
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

DanceDiva wrote:DD starts Bodyworks tomorrow as a first year student after doing Foundation there.
She got up this morning to wave her Foundation housemates off to college - she said she felt like a proud mum !
It's also her 18th birthday tomorrow and her one wish was to spend it in college - says a lot for the staff and students if you want to spend your birthday in college !
Good luck to everyone starting their new chapters
My dd goes back as a 3rd year on Thursday..she cant wait..although she has been in Saturday and has gone in tonight as she is teaching at the Theatre School

She loves Bodyworks so much xx :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

How's it going?
Dd2's loving Bird and has settled well although finds the weekends boring (she does her washing,food shop and food prep for the week ahead).
She's coming home this weekend :) Looking forward to a catch up.
jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Post by jesajo »

Hi Jay Louise 62,
My dd is loving Bird too. She has made lots of new friends. Some days are quite long too. I bet they know each other. My dd and the other girls she shares with do there weekly shopping together. They all chip in and they get it all for the week. It's so much cheaper for them .