Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by 2dancersmum »

Just wanted to say congratulations to all those offered places and looking forward to starting in September and commiserations for those not so lucky this year.
And a big shout out to all those still on waiting lists. I hope you get to hear soon. There is still plenty of chance for movement on reserve lists as people still holding multiple offers will be chased and asked to make their choices and some perhaps have second thoughts. I know the year DD applied we knew of someone with 6 funded offers and reserve list for her favourite who held onto all offers until after her GCSEs finished at the end of June, eventually getting her favourite in early July!
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Fingers crossed. I've previously spoke to students who haven't had a place confirmed until August. If your DD is in first place I would imagine you'll know very soon.
Well we didn't have to wait too long at all!!! We got the call this afternoon my DD has now been offered a DaDA at Laines \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

So unbelievably happy :D :D :D
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

[/quote] Well we didn't have to wait too long at all!!! We got the call this afternoon my DD has now been offered a DaDA at Laines \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

So unbelievably happy :D :D :D[/quote]

Congratulations to your DD
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Congratulations to your DD
Thank you so much Munchpot :D :D
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

SueJ wrote: Well we didn't have to wait too long at all!!! We got the call this afternoon my DD has now been offered a DaDA at Laines \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Wonderful news! Congratulations, very well done =D>
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Wonderful news! Congratulations, very well done =D>
Thank you so much 2girlsmum :D :D
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

SueJ wrote:
Fingers crossed. I've previously spoke to students who haven't had a place confirmed until August. If your DD is in first place I would imagine you'll know very soon.
Well we didn't have to wait too long at all!!! We got the call this afternoon my DD has now been offered a DaDA at Laines \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Thats amazing news - well done xxx
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Thats amazing news - well done xxx
Thank you so much dancemom43 :D :D

I'm hoping that you all get some very good news in the not too distant future too!

Keeping everything crossed for everyone still waiting xx
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Fantastic news for your dd :D .
Anyone heard from arts reserve list at all.
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Fantastic news for your dd :D .
Anyone heard from arts reserve list at all.
Thank you so much itsalongshot :D :D
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

I'm so pleased for your dd SueJ. I bet your both over the moon, and its so nice to hear of some lists moving. A huge well done to your dd xxx
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

Huge congratulations from me & my Dd, so pleased for you 8) 8)
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

SueJ wrote:

Brilliant, my daughter starts in September. Tell your daughter to join the Facebook group so she can get to know everyone a little.

I went to the Laine show last week and was very impressed, there was at least one scout in the audience making notes.
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

I'm so pleased for your dd SueJ. I bet your both over the moon, and its so nice to hear of some lists moving. A huge well done to your dd xxx

Huge congratulations from me & my Dd, so pleased for you

Brilliant, my daughter starts in September. Tell your daughter to join the Facebook group so she can get to know everyone a little.

I went to the Laine show last week and was very impressed, there was at least one scout in the audience making notes.
Thank you so much beanie-bean, CHEK and martint

I still can't quite believe it! Our dd is absolutely over the moon and so are we :D :D

I've heard that the end of year show is amazing martint! Exciting times ahead. My dd is on holiday at the moment but I have told her about the fb page so she can start chatting with everyone :D

Those reserve lists are definitely moving now! Good luck everyone please keep us updated xx
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

SueJ wrote:

Congratulations to you and your DD, great news! My DD also starting at Laine in September. Very exciting. We too went to see the summer show, it was fabulous. :D