Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

SueJ
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by SueJ »

Hi , my dd had an email from bird today about reserve list for Degree , They just wanted her to confirm and reply back by 15 th June if she still wants to be on the list ! So hopefully by end of next week we might be able to enquiry as to whereabouts she is on the list ...... fingers crossed ! X
That's fantastic news :D Sounds like everything is on the move :D

Good luck everyone xx
Brightangel
Nominee

Post by Brightangel »

Hi is there anyone out there whose DD or DS is going to Stella Mann - my DD is starting the Diploma in Sept but we haven't embarked on researching accommodation any advice welcomed
Barton285
BRIT Award

Post by Barton285 »

Seems to have gone a little quiet, just wonder if anyone had heard of any movement on Performers Dada reserve list this week at all?
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Sorry dont know about Performers reserve list. But we can all ring Bird tomorrow to confirm childs no of place on reserve list and where they usually get to giving out late places as final day today for people on reserve to drop off. We wont be ringing till late afternoon as DD has A level exam but perhaps we can all share how we get on ? x
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

Dd and I went to see the Laine summer show last night, fabulous! Thoroughly enjoyed it. We also got the chance to have a quick tour of her accommodation and meet some of the Laine students currently staying there. Very happy with what we've got. Exciting times! Dd can't wait for September :D
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

reachforthestars wrote:Dd and I went to see the Laine summer show last night, fabulous! Thoroughly enjoyed it. We also got the chance to have a quick tour of her accommodation and meet some of the Laine students currently staying there. Very happy with what we've got. Exciting times! Dd can't wait for September :D
Did you watch dance, dance dance ? The couple that won Johnny Labey went to Bird and his girlfriend went to Laines and was amazing x
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

reachforthestars wrote:Dd and I went to see the Laine summer show last night, fabulous! Thoroughly enjoyed it. We also got the chance to have a quick tour of her accommodation and meet some of the Laine students currently staying there. Very happy with what we've got. Exciting times! Dd can't wait for September :D

I saw the show on Tuesday - loved it.

My daughter starts in September but we still haven't found accommodation, please could you let me know if you hear of anymore?
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Does anyone know if we will get a uniform list for college? My daughter starts at Bodywork in September but we haven't had anything through yet if what she needs. Thanks x
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Does anyone know if we will get a uniform list for college? My daughter starts at Bodywork in September but we haven't had anything through yet if what she needs. Thanks x
Bird send them out beginning of July I believe. Not sure about Bodyworks but I am sure they will give you one.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Does anyone know if we will get a uniform list for college? My daughter starts at Bodywork in September but we haven't had anything through yet if what she needs. Thanks x
Did you get the offer in the post, once you reply you will get a pack that tells you all the things that you will need.
Congratulations to your daughter, she will love it there, my dd is about to graduate after 3 brilliant but very hard working 3 years.
Are you coming to see the summer show at the Gordon Craig theatre next month?

xx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

martint wrote:

I saw the show on Tuesday - loved it.

My daughter starts in September but we still haven't found accommodation, please could you let me know if you hear of anymore?
Hi there, glad you enjoyed. Fabulous wasn't it! Is your dd/ds in the Laine FB groups? There's quite a bit of chat going on there re accommodation I understand. And what about the list we were sent, no luck finding anything there? I know that people are still making arrangements, moving around etc so it's worth keeping a close eye on the FB group as I'm sure things advertised there are snapped up pretty quickly. We had to make a quick decision to take ours without viewing as rooms were goIng super fast. We were sent pics and all looked good and then when we saw it Wednesday, we were very happy! Hope you get sorted soon.
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Hi Jasmine2, we have just received all of the documentation to fill in for our payments etc so hopefully the uniform lists will arrive soon. We had her offer a few weeks ago. We really want to come to the show but it is the worst possible weekend ever. It's the day of her final rehearsal for her dance show and the dress rehearsal is the following day too. It's a 3.5 hour drive to Cambridge for us but I think it is really important that she watches it. I think we are going to come to the Saturday matinee and travel there and back in one day. Thankyou xxx
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi All

Does anyone know how long the reserve lists continue to move for? My dd has been number 1 on the Laine reserve list for the past 10 days now. I just wondered from everyone's past experiences when the cut off point is for DaDA awards being offered?

I know many of you are going through an equally agonising wait to find out whether places will be offered to dc's on reserve lists at other colleges.

Fingers crossed for everyone going through this anxious time right now!

xx
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

SueJ wrote:Hi All

Does anyone know how long the reserve lists continue to move for? My dd has been number 1 on the Laine reserve list for the past 10 days now. I just wondered from everyone's past experiences when the cut off point is for DaDA awards being offered?

I know many of you are going through an equally agonising wait to find out whether places will be offered to dc's on reserve lists at other colleges.

Fingers crossed for everyone going through this anxious time right now!

xx

Fingers crossed. I've previously spoke to students who haven't had a place confirmed until August. If your DD is in first place I would imagine you'll know very soon.
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Fingers crossed. I've previously spoke to students who haven't had a place confirmed until August. If your DD is in first place I would imagine you'll know very soon.
Thanks Martint I really hope so ](*,)