Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mummyofthree
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by Mummyofthree »

kzgirl wrote:
Mummyofthree wrote:
Mummyofthree wrote:
Hi thanks for that my thoughts were exactly that she was thinking of putting Grosvenor down on the form but like you say if she was on her own I would think she'd feel isolated. I am just concerned should she put down Tramways on her uni application or go direct through the partnership company now
Trouble is we also don't know where the uni are thinking of putting the hammond students this year here's hoping it's still Tramways x

Just apply for Tramways yourself, you don't need to go through the Uni, my daughter is going to Chichester and we have secured a studio flat like tramways through a letting agency. It tells you on Tramways how to apply. Doing it yourself doesn't affect student finance.
Thanks for that do you think it's safe to do that rather than get referred ?
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Hi Mummyofthree

Accommodation like Tramways is available all around the country for students you should be issued with a lease. I don't think for one minute that Chester Uni will house any students into Tramways if you apply for halls. The other thing to consider is if your DD offer is conditional cause if it is you could be signing up to a lease then if she doesn't get her results expected (really hope this doesn't happen) you are stuck paying a lease, my daughter has an unconditional offer at Chichester as she has her A levels etc so we have chosen the private route rather than halls. In your DDs second year she will have to find her own accommodation because the uni only normally provide halls in the first year. Your DD could find out which other students are attending the Hammond and ask where they are living, there are pages on face book for her to find this out.
Mummyofthree
Nominee

Post by Mummyofthree »

kzgirl wrote:Hi Mummyofthree

Accommodation like Tramways is available all around the country for students you should be issued with a lease. I don't think for one minute that Chester Uni will house any students into Tramways if you apply for halls. The other thing to consider is if your DD offer is conditional cause if it is you could be signing up to a lease then if she doesn't get her results expected (really hope this doesn't happen) you are stuck paying a lease, my daughter has an unconditional offer at Chichester as she has her A levels etc so we have chosen the private route rather than halls. In your DDs second year she will have to find her own accommodation because the uni only normally provide halls in the first year. Your DD could find out which other students are attending the Hammond and ask where they are living, there are pages on face book for her to find this out.
Yes my daughter is doing her Alevels and won't get the results till 17 August but tramways did say don't sign the lease until after results day so that's a good thing this is why I'm so dubious to go to them directly as I know the uni said you can put partnership accomodation as your first choice although getting referred I don't think you will have the security picking your own room
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Has anyone heard of any movement on the Bird College reserve lists ?? Going by the last few years forum people did start to hear the beginning of June although the College say not to call till mid June.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

DD has not heard from Bird yet and I've not seen anything on their social media either
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Has anyone heard of any movement on the Bird College reserve lists ?? Going by the last few years forum people did start to hear the beginning of June although the College say not to call till mid June.

Hi 2girlsmum and dancemom43

We have had letters and emails from both Bird and Performers College over the last day to ask us to make a decision on which offer we are going to accept and which we are declining. My dd is on the reserve list for Laine and this remains her first choice. She has found it very difficult to make the decision between Bird and Performers but has finally decided today that she will be going to Performers if she doesn't get the place at Laine.

We have notified Bird so I am sure that things will start to move early next week as the deadline for notifying them was Friday 9th June.

Good luck to everyone on reserve lists I'm keeping everything crossed for you all that you hear some very good news in the not too distant future :D

xx
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

[/quote]
We have had letters and emails from both Bird and Performers College over the last day to ask us to make a decision on which offer we are going to accept and which we are declining. My dd is on the reserve list for Laine and this remains her first choice. She has found it very difficult to make the decision between Bird and Performers but has finally decided today that she will be going to Performers if she doesn't get the place at Laine.

We have notified Bird so I am sure that things will start to move early next week as the deadline for notifying them was Friday 9th June.

Good luck to everyone on reserve lists I'm keeping everything crossed for you all that you hear some very good news in the not too distant future :D
xx[/quote]

Thanks SueJ, that's really helpful to know that things are going on behind the scenes and that their deadline is today. As you say I would guess those lucky enough to be offered funding from the reserve lists should start to hear soon.
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Thanks SueJ, that's really helpful to know that things are going on behind the scenes and that their deadline is today. As you say I would guess those lucky enough to be offered funding from the reserve lists should start to hear soon.
That's no problem at all :) Good luck to your dd 2girlsmum keep us posted.
xx
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

SueJ wrote:

xx
Performers is an amazing school too ! They were my favourite at Move it last year with Sing, Sing, Sing xx
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Performers is an amazing school too ! They were my favourite at Move it last year with Sing, Sing, Sing xx
Thanks dancemom43 I'm just so relieved that she has finally made a decision. It was so difficult as they are both such amazing colleges.

So you know where your dd is on the reserve list yet?
xx
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

It's clear that things are going to shake out on waiting lists and funding over the coming days and there will inevitably be people who have not been able to find a place. As some of you will know our DD is currently at The MTA and I can't recommend it highly enough. If you want to know more there is a thread on March 19th where I have given a lot of information about the course and elsewhere on the thread there is information about funding. I mention this because they are a small college and not on everyone's radar. They start auditioning late and they are currently still auditioning (in June) as they have places available for this year. You can also find more on their website - http://www.theMTA.co.uk.

As an update to my post on the March thread, you should be aware that of the year soon to graduate - there are 21 of them - 16 already have agents 5 months before graduating (external agents, not in-house agents) and three of them will be finishing early as they have found their first paid contracts.

The college also meets new Spotlight/Equity criteria.

Happy also to answer any questions on here or via PM.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

SueJ wrote:
Thanks dancemom43 I'm just so relieved that she has finally made a decision. It was so difficult as they are both such amazing colleges.

xx
No - we do not like to chase them as been told mid June they would be able to say positions. I am hoping to hear of movement next week and if no news will call the end of the week. DD will be doing the Bird foundation course if does not come off reserve so atleast we know where she is going and we have booked accommodation already. We have released all other offers.
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

lbm1e14 wrote:It's clear that things are going to shake out on waiting lists and funding over the coming days and there will inevitably be people who have not been able to find a place. As some of you will know our DD is currently at The MTA and I can't recommend it highly enough. If you want to know more there is a thread on March 19th where I have given a lot of information about the course and elsewhere on the thread there is information about funding. I mention this because they are a small college and not on everyone's radar. They start auditioning late and they are currently still auditioning (in June) as they have places available for this year. You can also find more on their website - http://www.theMTA.co.uk.

As an update to my post on the March thread, you should be aware that of the year soon to graduate - there are 21 of them - 16 already have agents 5 months before graduating (external agents, not in-house agents) and three of them will be finishing early as they have found their first paid contracts.

The college also meets new Spotlight/Equity criteria.

Happy also to answer any questions on here or via PM.
Further update - due to last minute cancellations there are some places available at next week's audition.
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

dancemom43 wrote:
SueJ wrote:

xx
No - we do not like to chase them as been told mid June they would be able to say positions. I am hoping to hear of movement next week and if no news will call the end of the week. DD will be doing the Bird foundation course if does not come off reserve so atleast we know where she is going and we have booked accommodation already. We have released all other offers.
Hi , my dd had an email from bird today about reserve list for Degree , They just wanted her to confirm and reply back by 15 th June if she still wants to be on the list ! So hopefully by end of next week we might be able to enquiry as to whereabouts she is on the list ...... fingers crossed ! X
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

Mumof3girls wrote:
dancemom43 wrote:
SueJ wrote:

xx
Hi , my dd had an email from bird today about reserve list for Degree , They just wanted her to confirm and reply back by 15 th June if she still wants to be on the list ! So hopefully by end of next week we might be able to enquiry as to whereabouts she is on the list ...... fingers crossed ! X
All very nerve wracking. Fingers crossed for you and everyone waiting. I remember what it was like.