Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by JayLou62 »

No, we had not viewed accommodation (although I had googled potential properties in various areas just to get an idea of possible costs).
Dd saw that there was a vacancy to share a house with 3 second years and 1 other first year on the Freshers page so that's how she got her accommodation.
She plans to move closer to Bird for this September though but it's too early currently to find somewhere :(
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Hi was anyone at Urdang last week please? I am just wondering if results have started to appear yet. Thanks
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017- funding

Post by bethjinty66 »

My dd was offered a place at Mountview last year on the BA MT , the original offer said " non funded place " but by June she was offered full DADA , then we got the Scottish Conservatoire offer so took that . I believe there is a lot of movement on the DADA offers and colleges don't know their funding allocation until later, and there is always a lot movement on offers lists , so don't be downhearted if a no or on waiting list offers can change as students accept and decline offers .I think Bird Diploma is £12000 approx, with the BA £9000 with access to full student loan . Mountview is approx £13000 , only £6000 available on student loan , and you can use maintenance loan too , but note that if you take DADA you cannot take student loan and depending on your personal financial situation, it may not be worth taking the DADA as you have to pay difference . Please note that Mountview want an advance payment in June for first and last term ( depending on your funding ) but that could be a payment of £9000 ouch !!! Good luck ,
martint
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017- funding

Post by martint »

bethjinty66 wrote:My dd was offered a place at Mountview last year on the BA MT , the original offer said " non funded place " but by June she was offered full DADA , then we got the Scottish Conservatoire offer so took that . I believe there is a lot of movement on the DADA offers and colleges don't know their funding allocation until later, and there is always a lot movement on offers lists , so don't be downhearted if a no or on waiting list offers can change as students accept and decline offers .I think Bird Diploma is £12000 approx, with the BA £9000 with access to full student loan . Mountview is approx £13000 , only £6000 available on student loan , and you can use maintenance loan too , but note that if you take DADA you cannot take student loan and depending on your personal financial situation, it may not be worth taking the DADA as you have to pay difference . Please note that Mountview want an advance payment in June for first and last term ( depending on your funding ) but that could be a payment of £9000 ouch !!! Good luck ,
DADA is for diploma only and student loan is for degree courses. These are not interchangeable.

Check if the fees include VAT. Laine fees are £14,450 plus VAT. The addition of VAT surprised me and adds a significant amount.
Cats pyjamas
Nominee

Post by Cats pyjamas »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Hi was anyone at Urdang last week please? I am just wondering if results have started to appear yet. Thanks
hi mummy of my little star
dd auditioned for urdang on 15 feb and have received an e mail by 17 feb saying she had a place. funding audition to do now...........most people we knew had heard within roughly 48 hours.
good luck
Nickyh
Nominee

Post by Nickyh »

Good luck to all those at GSA recall today especially my own little dd. Hope it goes well for everyone x
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

Nickyh wrote:Good luck to all those at GSA recall today especially my own little dd. Hope it goes well for everyone x
Hope it goes well!
Mummyofthree
Nominee

Post by Mummyofthree »

Nickyh wrote:Good luck to all those at GSA recall today especially my own little dd. Hope it goes well for everyone x
Hope it goes well for her. Just a question did she do the regional first round auditions or did she go to GSA in Surrey?
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Good luck to those at the GSA recall, hope it goes well for you :D
tequila189
Nominee

Post by tequila189 »

My DD has now been offered a place at LCDS and NSCD just waiting for an audition for the royal conservatoire Antwerp. In the meantime we've paid a deposit for NSCD as she didn't wan to lose the place and now only 4 weeks to make a decision about London and she still won't have had her Antwerp audition. Do we pay for LCDS even if it means losing the £100 deposit? Have others done this? She really would like London but is worried about money and he dance teacher here toldher the level in the place had toe down recently. Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone been in this position? Decision time is sooooo stressful!
Nickyh
Nominee

Post by Nickyh »

Hi mummyofthree
My dd did her first round regional in Cardiff x
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Well done on all those offers everyone! It's lovely to see so many coming through, and good luck to those still waiting to hear or audition. xxx
Danceandsing
BRIT Award

Post by Danceandsing »

Latest DADA funding information is out for 2017/18.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ales/aaaaa
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

How did the recalls at GSA go? Just wondering if people feel that they got "value for money" so to speak after the very short first round. Did the DC's think they had a chance to show what they could do? Was it an enjoyable day (obviously apart from the nerves!)? I think they find out on the day don't they?
fatladysings
Nominee

Just had an offer from Hammond for their BA course

Post by fatladysings »

Hi There - I have read comments on this site numerous times with much interest but only signed up last night to actually to be able to make comments myself. My daughter had an audition this Tuesday gone (7 March) for the Hammond BA (Hons) course and received an offer via UCAS less then 24 hours later (followed shortly afterward by a no from Rose Bruford!). She has also had an offer from Bath Spa but is likely to accept the Hammond place over this. Still a couple more auditions to go. I have found the whole process very interesting (and expensive!). It does appear to some extent that it is a bit of a lottery. She auditioned somewhere else (similar to Hammond) 3 or 4 weeks ago and didn't get a place although they did offer her a place on a similar course (which she isn't interested in) - the audition started badly and went from bad to worse as the day progressed for her so definitely worth trying lots of different places as the same skills might appeal to one institution on a particular day far more than a different institution of similar standing on a different day. In general it appears that the faster they get back to you the more chance there is that it is going to be a yes but other people might have had different experiences. She has an audition for Arts Ed fairly shortly but even if there was a miracle and she got a place which is fairly unlikely I would imagine, I don't know how on earth we could fund it. It's such a shame that places like Mountview and Arts Ed are out of reach financially for the average person but she's going to give it a go anyway. She didn't even apply for the GSA musical theatre course as so crazily over-subscribed and from what I can gather they literally only hear a bit of one song in the initial audition and it's just too far away and too expensive in terms of hotels and fuel etc etc for what is an extremely long shot. I will continue to read everyone else's comments with much interest. I would be very interested to know how many will be on the Hammond BA course. I know two years ago they only took 27 when the course started.