Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Auditioning for 2017

Post by reachforthestars »

UCAS, CUCAS, speeches, songs, legit, repertoire, before Christmas, after Christmas...and that's before we start!

Congratulations to all who were successful for 2016 entry, enjoy this next exciting adventure.

And for the Sept 2017 hopefuls, welcome to what I'm sure will be a whirlwind of a time. I think I'm more stressed over the upcoming months than my DD. We/she is looking mainly at MT with a couple of voice conservatoires. Well, that's what she tells me...

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all ;)
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by jennifer1972 »

Count us in!! I'm currently researching monologues as DD is away with YMT. Can't believe it's her turn already!! :D
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Good luck to you all - I remember it well, all those same questions and many more ...... dd is now going into her 3rd and final year at Laine no idea where those two years have gone :shock: The reality that next year she'll be leaving the security of college and will be out in the big wide world is quite daunting but she is still loving every minute - hang in there its a bumpy ride ;) xxx
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

I'm sure there will be lots of questions along the way. DD seems really quite laid back about the whole situation with her biggest concern being should she audition before or after Christmas :shock:
We've made a list of where she wants to apply and what the audition requirements are etc and she's trying to tailor her monologues to cover the majority so's to avoid having different ones for every application. Songs she doesn't seem worried about at all and has a good repertoire already. Hope your DD is enjoying YMT jennifer1972, my DD had the time of her life with YMT, great experience.
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

suesmith wrote:Good luck to you all - I remember it well, all those same questions and many more ...... dd is now going into her 3rd and final year at Laine no idea where those two years have gone :shock: The reality that next year she'll be leaving the security of college and will be out in the big wide world is quite daunting but she is still loving every minute - hang in there its a bumpy ride ;) xxx
Is your DD on the Professional Dance or Musical Theatre course suesmith? Glad she's enjoying it!
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Hi reachforthestars - she is on Musical Theatre, they all do the same for first 2 years and they only had to decide by end of June 2nd year. She said there is not much difference between the two. We chose to audition after christmas as she had GCSE mocks in December then could get auditions out the way before GCSE's properly began but its a very personal decision and I don't think it makes a lot of difference when you audition although there are plenty of rumours to the contrary ;) Happy to answer any questions however silly they seem :lol:
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Count us in too.

My DD will be auditioning for Sept 2017 entry. MT is her first love so will be auditioning for those types of courses. She has finished her 1st year of 2yr BTEC Extended Level 3 course in Musical Theatre at a local college and she also attends a part time Performing Arts school. She's hoping to be ready to apply late Nov/early Dec for auditions early next year.

We've been to some of the end of year shows and open days however there will be more of those to do in the Autumn.

Good luck to everyone joining us on this rollercoaster of a journey this year.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Yes we are joining in. You all sound much more clued up already.
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Ah ok suesmith, did your DD begin at Laine straight after GCSE's? My DD is doing A levels at the mo and hoping for entry after that.
Hi to 2girlsmum too, I'm sure we're more concerned then them! It's all quite daunting isn't it!
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Yes reachforthestars - she went at 16, auditioned for the experience and ended up getting in :shock: She was too scared to turn it down and do A levels then re audition - Laine was her first choice for many years so she was very lucky :D xx
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

My DD will be auditioning too! You all sound very organised. We have yet to sort a solo dance, monologue and song. We are just going to apply as soon as DD's ready but we will try to space them out a little as last year her friend got tonsillitis and as most of her auditions were over a 3 week period she had to re-schedule 6 auditions! Laines is DD's first choice but she is not setting her heart on it as it will come down to funding at the end of the day, she also likes Bird and Urdang and is away at the Bird Summer School at the moment. Exciting times ahead for our DC's and I wish everyone the best of luck xxx
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

It looks as if applications are now open for Laine, Guildhall and RCM for 2017 entry 8-[
als17
BRIT Award

Post by als17 »

My DD will be going through this again, auditioning for an Acting Degree. She was lucky enough to gain a foundation place at East 15 for 2016, and she is beyond excited to get started, but I'm not looking forward to going through all the auditions again!!! ](*,)
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Beanie bean I would love to hear how your DD is enjoying the Bird Summer School as we thought about trying the MT one there. GSA one is great so far so good. They advised getting applications for 2017 in asap if that helps anyone. I didn't realise just quite how hard it was to get in though! Ouch! DD will definitely be applying though - summer school has made up her mind on that.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

2girlsmum wrote:Count us in too.

My DD will be auditioning for Sept 2017 entry. MT is her first love so will be auditioning for those types of courses. She has finished her 1st year of 2yr BTEC Extended Level 3 course in Musical Theatre at a local college and she also attends a part time Performing Arts school. She's hoping to be ready to apply late Nov/early Dec for auditions early next year.

We've been to some of the end of year shows and open days however there will be more of those to do in the Autumn.

Good luck to everyone joining us on this rollercoaster of a journey this year.

This sounds exactly like my dd2 :) She has just finished 1st year of the MT BTEC extended and will be applying for sept '17 - always funny to think of the parallel lives going on (and the stresses!)

Good luck all!!