Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by jennifer1972 »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:It's a yes for Diploma at Bodyworks for my 15 year old and I couldn't be more proud of her offers so far :D Thankyou to all of you for the constant words of support and advice x We have 4 auditions to go and then it's decision time for my baby girl :o
Great news!! Congratulations!! It's lovely to get off to a good start - takes the pressure off a bit. =D> =D>
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

missmoneypenny wrote:Well done everyone on the offers and recalls - my dd has 2 recalls now - Mountview and GSA, (Reachforthestars she may see your dd there in half term :) Got 4 schools to go! Exciting and stressful!
You've hit the nail on the head! Exciting and stressful, in equal measure! :lol: Congratulations on the recalls!! =D> We are at Performers this week and then I think that's it for us. Best of luck!!
DancingDisneyMum
Nominee

Post by DancingDisneyMum »

Can anyone recommend good post 16 Musical theatre courses?
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Bodyworks Cambridge,,,they have a workshop day coming up..well worth a look xx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

We have 3 auditions in the next 4 days and the packing to go down to London is very stressful 8-[ will be glad when we get to Thursday x I hope everything is going well for your DCs xx
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:We have 3 auditions in the next 4 days and the packing to go down to London is very stressful 8-[ will be glad when we get to Thursday x I hope everything is going well for your DCs xx
It's strange how the audition dates go, I hope your DD gets on ok with them all.

My DD has 2 on consecutive days on 2 consecutive weeks in Feb so that will all be very busy. We will have to stay away overnight the night before the first one of each week, but then we will be coming home and getting up early for the 2nd ones each week.
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

2girls mum I wish your daughter luck with them all. My DD is staying from tonight until Wednesday evening with her dad but sadly I have to work Monday and Tuesday so am traveling home tomorrow by train and returning Tuesday evening by train to meet them. Luckily my very kind boss has allowed my a day of LOA on Wednesday :D
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Does anyone know anything about funding available at Stella Mann College please? Or have any experience or knowledge about it? Thankyou x
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

I don't think Stella Mann offer Dadas ...but if you check out their website it does say that there maybe finance available for Btec level 4 and 5

DD auditioned there and quite liked it...she did get offered a place but went to Bodyworks instead..Good luck xxx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Thankyou Jasmine2 we are there on Wednesday I have looked at their website but I have to say there seems to be mention ofboys funding but not girls.
Unfortunately my DD started with a cold and sore throat yesterday and was feeling very unwell by the time we arrived at Urdang this morning. The principle was lovely and said to ring on Monday to rearrange as they want to see them at their best rather than when they are unwell. I am hoping that by Tuesday she is well enough to do the Tring and Stella Mann ones as the train journeys and hotels are costing a fortune.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Well, that's DD's last audition done. \:D/ 2 offers and waiting on Bird and Performers. It hasn't been nearly as bumpy a ride as I was expecting! Good luck to everyone with auditions to go! :D
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

jennifer1972 wrote:Well, that's DD's last audition done. \:D/ 2 offers and waiting on Bird and Performers. It hasn't been nearly as bumpy a ride as I was expecting! Good luck to everyone with auditions to go! :D
Well done to you and DD! where did she like best? we are yet to start and have 3 in feb and 2 in March. Just booked the travelodge for Bird.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Hoping for better luck than my number in the Harry Potter ticket queue this morning!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

:lol: :lol:
Robin64 wrote:Hoping for better luck than my number in the Harry Potter ticket queue this morning!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Robin64 wrote:
jennifer1972 wrote:Well, that's DD's last audition done. \:D/ 2 offers and waiting on Bird and Performers. It hasn't been nearly as bumpy a ride as I was expecting! Good luck to everyone with auditions to go! :D
Well done to you and DD! where did she like best? we are yet to start and have 3 in feb and 2 in March. Just booked the travelodge for Bird.
As she had never been to any of them, her order of preference was turned on it's head! She loved Millenium, really really liked Performers, liked Bird a lot and thought Evolution was great for a foundation course. Good luck for your DC. A word of advice, try and find something interesting to do whilst they are at Bird, there are only so many times you can walk up and down the high st. in Sidcup :lol: :lol: