Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

SueJ
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by SueJ »

Congratulations to you and your DD, great news! My DD also starting at Laine in September. Very exciting. We too went to see the summer show, it was fabulous. :D
Thank you so much reach for the stars :D :D

So exciting for all out dd's starting at Laine in September xx
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

SueJ wrote:
Congratulations to you and your DD, great news! My DD also starting at Laine in September. Very exciting. We too went to see the summer show, it was fabulous. :D
Thank you so much reach for the stars :D :D

So exciting for all out dd's starting at Laine in September xx
Fabulous news ......Now you can plan things and look forward to the summer ! Congratulations what a relief and so glad you didn't have to wait too long although I know it probably didn't feel like that lol . X
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Fabulous news ......Now you can plan things and look forward to the summer ! Congratulations what a relief and so glad you didn't have to wait too long although I know it probably didn't feel like that lol . X
Thank you so much mumof3girls :D :D

It really is such a relief the waiting has been torturous!

Have you heard anything more at all? xx
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

SueJ wrote:

Hi , My dd really had decided on Chichester uni loves the sound of the course has great contacts etc and really wanted the more uni feel , she didn't get a dada for Laine so that was a no , she rang up bird on Monday to see whereabouts on reserve list she was for BA hons and they said very top third and sounded promising so keep checking !
And then this morning she just got out of her drama exam and she had a missed call from them offering her a place there , She is overwhelmed and so happy but has the weekend to decide . She's out celebrating as all her Alevels are done now so will talk later and make that decision ! The accomadation bit scares me such a nightmare trying to find a flat at least with the uni she could stay on campus for first year and get to know people before sharing with them for 2nd and 3 rd year !
Really hope things keep moving for all waiting though it nice to see it does really happen ! X
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Congratulations to your DDs SueJ and Mumof3girls. The wait has been worth it! Try not to worry too much about accommodation. Its always scary but it is something you are going to face time and time again as your DC move away from home - not just for training but for work afterwards too. Your DD just needs to choose where she feels she will be happiest and benefit most from the training and opportunities and that will be different for everyone so there is no right or wrong answer. Good luck
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi , My dd really had decided on Chichester uni loves the sound of the course has great contacts etc and really wanted the more uni feel , she didn't get a dada for Laine so that was a no , she rang up bird on Monday to see whereabouts on reserve list she was for BA hons and they said very top third and sounded promising so keep checking !
And then this morning she just got out of her drama exam and she had a missed call from them offering her a place there , She is overwhelmed and so happy but has the weekend to decide . She's out celebrating as all her Alevels are done now so will talk later and make that decision ! The accomadation bit scares me such a nightmare trying to find a flat at least with the uni she could stay on campus for first year and get to know people before sharing with them for 2nd and 3 rd year !
Really hope things keep moving for all waiting though it nice to see it does really happen ! X
Hi Mumof3girls I am so absolutely delighted for you and your dd \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ What fantastic news :D :D :D

It is a huge achievement and so brilliant to now have a choice! As 2dancersmum says I wouldn't worry about the accommodation too much. Bird were very slow in sending out the accommodation lists they certainly hadn't gone out up to 2 weeks ago!

Your dd must follow her heart she will know deep down the right decision to make!

So very happy for you all well done to your dd!!! xx
Congratulations to your DDs SueJ and Mumof3girls. The wait has been worth it! Try not to worry too much about accommodation. Its always scary but it is something you are going to face time and time again as your DC move away from home - not just for training but for work afterwards too. Your DD just needs to choose where she feels she will be happiest and benefit most from the training and opportunities and that will be different for everyone so there is no right or wrong answer. Good luck
Thank you so much 2dancersmum :D :D We are so thrilled!!! xx
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

SueJ wrote:
Hi Mumof3girls I am so absolutely delighted for you and your dd \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ What fantastic news :D :D :D

It is a huge achievement and so brilliant to now have a choice! As 2dancersmum says I wouldn't worry about the accommodation too much. Bird were very slow in sending out the accommodation lists they certainly hadn't gone out up to 2 weeks ago!

Your dd must follow her heart she will know deep down the right decision to make!

So very happy for you all well done to your dd!!! xx
Thank you so much 2dancersmum :D :D We are so thrilled!!! xx
Thank you everyone ! Hope everyone else awaiting gets some good news soon ! X
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Mumof3girls wrote:
SueJ wrote:

Thats amazing news, well done to your DD. Atleast the Bird reserve list is now moving. Good luck with whatever she decides xx
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

dancemom43 wrote:
Mumof3girls wrote:
SueJ wrote:

Thats amazing news, well done to your DD. Atleast the Bird reserve list is now moving. Good luck with whatever she decides xx
Congratulations, fabulous news \:D/ \:D/
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Congratulations to your DD mumof3girls! Excellent news and a huge well done! Xxx
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

beanie-bean wrote:Congratulations to your DD mumof3girls! Excellent news and a huge well done! Xxx
thanks a lot everyone for your congratulations it means a lot. This page has been my life line the past 6 months it's been so nice being in touch with people going through the same thing , And the help and advice has kept me sane !
Thanks again and look forward to hearing more news from everyone .
Best of luck x
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

Angelic606 wrote:Hi all, well done to all of your DC'S on their success so far. My daughter will be starting 3rd year at Bird in September and is living in a lovely four bedroom flat with another 3rd year and a 1st year in September. Due to the fourth girl dropping out they now have one room available for another 1st year girl preferably on degree or diploma. They have been extremely happy there and are advertising on the freshers page this evening. Only downside is that the landlady needs a definite by the end of the week. If anyone is interested or needs more info please let me know. Student accommodation is very hard to find d in Sidcup so we are quite confident it will go quickly. Good luck to everyone
Hi , Did this room go ? Please x
Angelic606
Nominee

Post by Angelic606 »

Hi I have pm'd you
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Mum of three girls.

I have just PMed you.
Nervouswreck
Nominee

Post by Nervouswreck »

jasmine2 wrote:
mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Does anyone know if we will get a uniform list for college? My daughter starts at Bodywork in September but we haven't had anything through yet if what she needs. Thanks x
Did you get the offer in the post, once you reply you will get a pack that tells you all the things that you will need.
Congratulations to your daughter, she will love it there, my dd is about to graduate after 3 brilliant but very hard working 3 years.
Are you coming to see the summer show at the Gordon Craig theatre next month?

xx
My daughter might be also going to Bodywork does she have accommodation yet?