Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

SueJ
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by SueJ »

Oh no ..... still no news ggggrrrrr ! I would maybe email them , you've done well hanging on . You don't want to leave it too long as if successful you probably have a time limit to fill out forms etc .
Really keeping everything crossed for your dd , No news is good news so they say ! X
X
Thank you so much Mumof3girls!

I'm apprehensive about contacting them yet as they told all the DC's at the audition not to. I will have to get in touch with them if we haven't heard anything by Friday. It's a good job I can work from home some days as I couldn't stand being in work and not knowing whether the postman had brought a letter or not!

Any more news on Bird yet?

I tell you I will be glad when these next few months are over!!! I knew this would be a stressful period but I didn't know just how much it would be!!!!

Got my fingers crossed for your DD too!

xx
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

Hi SueJ - watching this anxiously as this will be my dd next year - Laines is her dream. I would definitely wiz them a quick email - I know of 2 yes letters both from my dd's two friends at her dance school - year above so going at 18. I really am crossing my fingers for good news for your DD- but would say how amazing to have offers from Performers and Birds - Performers my dd's defo next choice on the list! - go have a big glass wine!
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi SueJ - watching this anxiously as this will be my dd next year - Laines is her dream. I would definitely wiz them a quick email - I know of 2 yes letters both from my dd's two friends at her dance school - year above so going at 18. I really am crossing my fingers for good news for your DD- but would say how amazing to have offers from Performers and Birds - Performers my dd's defo next choice on the list! - go have a big glass wine!
Hi Belledancer

Thank you so much for your reply! I've taken your advice about the wine tonight!!!

Can I ask when your dd's friends received their letters? Just wondering if the yes's are still being sent out or if they had all been sent out last week?

She really loved Performers too so I think that will be her firm second choice but we want her to make the right decision!

Do you or anyone else know of anyone already at Bird or Performers? Would love to get an opinion from someone who is there at the moment.

I'm sure it will be another sleepless night for me again tonight!

Hoping that we hear something tomorrow.

I will keep you updated!

xx
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

Hi - one the next day after audition - offered full DADA without having to go to Funding Audition - this girl is super talented and an amazing triple threat - doing Musical Theatre Diploma.

Other Friend not eligible for DADA (but offered a place on the spot) - it seems she may have been in the running for the Betty Laine Bursary.

We have had several girls from our local Dance School offered on the spot after Laine audition over the last couple of years although I know funding plays a huge part! We have currently girls and boys who we know going at 18 at both Birds and Performers and they all love their courses - some got DADA's some Degree Options. Personally my DD liked the feel of Performers - it's amazing - DD did the Easter Course - she is a ballet girl and loved it and Laine over Bird because she felt she would get more individual attention - Bird re number of students in each year seems quite big. It is so down to personal choice - she attended a massive secondary school so would prefer a smaller college.

Try and get some sleep x
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi Belledancer

Thank you so much for the additional information. It sounds like your daughter is at an amazing dance school with so many successes. I wish my dd had done a Summer or Easter school at Performers. She has done them at both Laine and Bird. She enjoyed Bird but fell in love with Laine which is why this is so difficult.

My dd is also a ballet girl and I really appreciate your feedback on Performers it's good to know someone who has had that experience and really enjoyed it! She absolutely loved Performers on the audition day!

If the postman brings any news today I will let you all know.

Thanks everyone for all your support :D

Good luck to all those dc's still waiting!

xx
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Hi,

My dd is at Bird (1st year Diploma). She is really happy there. If anyone wants to know anything about Bird feel free to PM me with any questions you may have :)
dancemaddad
Nominee

Post by dancemaddad »

Hi my daughter is on the reserve list for Laine and just wondered if any of the people on here knew of anyone offered a dada for Laine and has turned it down. We know of one girl who has turned one down to go to Bird but just wondered what my daughter s chances were as Laine is her number 1 choice. Thanks in advance
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

DS came off the list last year when he was offered one at Bird. How far down the list are you? They are very helpful if you phone and ask
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

JayLou62 wrote:Hi,

My dd is at Bird (1st year Diploma). She is really happy there. If anyone wants to know anything about Bird feel free to PM me with any questions you may have :)
My Dd is desperate to get to Bird, she has been offered an unfunded place on the Diploma course for the 2nd year running! It's like dangling a carrot in front of her nose bless, she questions why she can't get the funding, as she knows she can't go without it ](*,)
dancemaddad
Nominee

Post by dancemaddad »

Hi thanks yes spoke to them and she is near the top of list so hoping for some movement the school said last year they offered dada's further down the reserve list than my daughter is.
dancemaddad
Nominee

Post by dancemaddad »

Hi Chek I know it's the feeling of helplessness! We are fortunate she has dada offers from two other schools but Laine is definitely hers and our first choice!
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi all

Just to update you we have finally had a reply from Laine! Dd is number 7 on the reserve list. Very proud but it's going to be another agonising wait until we know whether things are going to start moving.

Dancemaddad do you mind me asking what number your daughter is on the reserve list?

Does anyone know from previous experience how much movement there is on the reserve lists?
xx
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi Chek

I've seen on here that in previous years offers have gone out to students not offered a DaDA initially.

I've got everything crossed for your daughter. This whole process is agonising as a parent.

xx
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi Chek

I've seen on here that in previous years offers have gone out to students not offered a DaDA initially.

I've got everything crossed for your daughter. This whole process is agonising as a parent.

xx
dancemaddad
Nominee

Post by dancemaddad »

Hi Sue j she is number five on the list. I know someone is turning down there dada for Laine so they should hopefully all move up one place. I spoke to Laine and last year they offered down to 12 so fingers crossed for them all