Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Double trouble
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by Double trouble »

Barrysue my daughter is at Millennium in 2nd yr . She is doing Diploma and is very happy there .She went there as a dancer having mainly only trained in ballet but loves other styles and couldn't sing very well when she started and didn't enjoy singing !! But now her singing has improved loads ! she also has gained confidence . Good luck with your daughters choices I only have good things to say about Millennium :D
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Hi All

Re: Performers College DADA's

Just spoken to the college about the DADA's as I know some people were telephoned at the weekend and offered DADA's and asked whether if you haven't received a call does that mean you haven't got a DADA.

They said NO!. The general letters saying whether or not you've been offered a DADA will be send out around the middle of May. The lady on the phone couldn't say why people had been phoned by Tracey, but the presumption is that they were people who were offered places on the day of audition rather than by post.

So there's still hope to keep fingers crossed if you haven't had a call
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Munchpot wrote:Hi All

Re: Performers College DADA's

Just spoken to the college about the DADA's as I know some people were telephoned at the weekend and offered DADA's and asked whether if you haven't received a call does that mean you haven't got a DADA.

They said NO!. The general letters saying whether or not you've been offered a DADA will be send out around the middle of May. The lady on the phone couldn't say why people had been phoned by Tracey, but the presumption is that they were people who were offered places on the day of audition rather than by post.

So there's still hope to keep fingers crossed if you haven't had a call
Thanks very much for this info Munchpot, DD is waiting to hear from them and was a bit disheartened to see on social media some people had received their offers. Just means a little more waiting.
Barrysue
BRIT Award

Post by Barrysue »

Got a reply from Performers this morning for a non award place, so a bit disappointing, but will wait and find out where dd is on the reserve list ... so the waiting continues
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

Barrysue wrote:Got a reply from Performers this morning for a non award place, so a bit disappointing, but will wait and find out where dd is on the reserve list ... so the waiting continues
Very sorry to hear that. It is a roller coaster and emotionally draining and as parents you feel powerless.
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

I'm just catching up on all the offers. It's lovely to see people getting offers and making their final decisions. Congratulations to them all. My 15 year old has a bursary place for level 6 at KS Dance in Warrington, foundation offers for Laine and Urdang, a level 6 place at Bodyworks and awaiting funding news, a level 6 place at Bird with reserve for funding and a level 6 place at Stella Mann with a funding audition tomorrow. She isn't even close to making a decision yet and is completely overwhelmed to be coping with all this on top of her GCSE's. I just wondered does anyone know how likely it is that funding at Bird will come to the reserves please? Thankyou xxx
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

DS was on reserve for funding at bird last year, diploma. His funding came through in June
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd2 was on the Reserve list for funding for Bird last year. Her DaDA offer came through on 2nd June last year.
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Thankyou Dogcop and JayLou. I guess it does happen then x
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi All

This is my first post on this forum but I have found the information contained within the posts so invaluable over recent months.

I just wondered if anyone had heard from Laine following the funding auditions a couple of weeks ago? Waiting for a decision is so agonising!

I'm sure lots of others are in the same position too ](*,) x
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

SueJ wrote:Hi All

This is my first post on this forum but I have found the information contained within the posts so invaluable over recent months.

I just wondered if anyone had heard from Laine following the funding auditions a couple of weeks ago? Waiting for a decision is so agonising!

I'm sure lots of others are in the same position too ](*,) x
Hi , we are also still waiting my dd had her audition on the 19th , I am sure I read on a past thread it was about 3 weeks waiting time so hopefully this week will bring some news !
I know how your feeling .......!
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

Hi

Thanks for your reply! It sounds like we may hear something this week then if it's similar to previous years? Hoping the postman brings some good news to both our dd's this week :) x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Barrysue wrote:Got a reply from Performers this morning for a non award place, so a bit disappointing, but will wait and find out where dd is on the reserve list ... so the waiting continues
Got the same for our DD. It's a shame the Performers make you sign up and pay the deposit before they let you know where you are on the reserve list!
Barrysue
BRIT Award

Post by Barrysue »

Oh munchpot , that's a shame..
I read it that you only pay a deposit for the pre-voc course , not the diploma???
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Barrysue wrote:Oh munchpot , that's a shame..
I read it that you only pay a deposit for the pre-voc course , not the diploma???
I will need to re-read the letter - I took it that if you accept the place then the first £1000 of the fees becomes payable and you're signing up to the terms that say if you pull out then you are liable for the first term's fees

I shall check it properly later