Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by 2girlsmum »

Barrysue wrote:So today we got an offer from Performers College , on the 3 year course , anyone else ??
We are still waiting to hear from Bird ( audition was March 16th) and are holding an offer from Chichester, but need to get A levels ... decisions, decisions
Obviously Performers does depend on funding ...
Congratulations on your DC offers. My DD also has an offer for the Diploma 3yr course at Performers, we are also waiting to hear about funding there.

My DD auditioned at Bird during half term and DDs letter arrived 12 days after. She has been offered a place on the 3yr Diploma course there but is on the reserve list for funding. DD also has an offer of BA Hons 3 yr course at Millennium and are waiting to hear from Laine (attended audition Mon 27th Mar).

We are very lucky to be in the position of having choices to make as well.
Barrysue
BRIT Award

Post by Barrysue »

Oh wow fantastic!
I'm becoming a bit dimmented waiting for the post to arrive each day !!
It's been 14 days tomorrow ,since bird ...
Was your DD notified they UCAS first?
Or did she only apply for the diploma ?
Also if you get funding ..do you get the full amount less the bit you have to put in ??
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Think Bird normally quote 3 weeks to respond.
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

dancemom43 wrote:Think Bird normally quote 3 weeks to respond.

Yep, daughters letter took three weeks, some of her friends were four!
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Barrysue wrote:So today we got an offer from Performers College , on the 3 year course , anyone else ??
We are still waiting to hear from Bird ( audition was March 16th) and are holding an offer from Chichester, but need to get A levels ... decisions, decisions
Obviously Performers does depend on funding ...
Well done to your DD's Barrysue and 2dancersmum. My DD was at Performers audition on Monday, and received her offer today for 3 year diploma. We also have the finding forms to complete, so fingers crossed she'll be offered a dada...Good luck with Bird, we still have that one to go. xxx
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

DD was offered a place on the Foundation at Trinity for MT yesterday. She auditioned for the BA but had a cold on the day and her voice wasn't at its best but she is very pleased with the offer and whats more her best friend also got offered a place on the same course!

Still waiting for the Mountview BA recall in April so will see what happens there before accepting the Trinity place. She is just pleased that she will have a place somewhere for September and hopefully it will lead to a full BA course the next year.

Good luck to all your DCs who are still to audition!
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Well done that is a fab result =D> . Auditions all done for ours now and offers in so it's decisions now.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Lovely to see all of these offers flooding in. Congratulations!! =D> =D>
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

I understand Bird have started sending out their DADA Offers

Hopefully others will follow soon
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Ooooh hope the other schools/colleges follow suit too and send theirs out soon. Exciting times
Cats pyjamas
Nominee

Post by Cats pyjamas »

Hi all I posted a while back asking for advice re DDs bird letter,thanks to all those who responded at the time. really pleased to let you know she has been offered a DaDa at bird (letter came yesterday) urdang ( letter arrived today)and Laine (early March) we are still waiting to hear from performers. Obviously absolutely over the moon and slightly overwhelmed to be in this position. Decision time in our house over the next few weeks.
:D :D :D
Good luck to all you dc's waiting to hear
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Well done to your DD Cats pyjamas, what a great position to be in. At least they are nice decisions to be making :D

It also means that other DC will get good news once your DD returns the offers with funding that she won't be taking up.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Is anyones child looking at doing a foundation course in September anywhere ? Can we still apply for housing benefit ? From what I have read before it was not allowed for a diploma or degree but was for foundation as not classed as higher education ?
klchaplin1980
BRIT Award

Post by klchaplin1980 »

dancemom43 wrote:Is anyones child looking at doing a foundation course in September anywhere ? Can we still apply for housing benefit ? From what I have read before it was not allowed for a diploma or degree but was for foundation as not classed as higher education ?
My daughter is doing a Foundation course in September - probably at Evolution in Colchester - and if she goes there her rent will be completely covered by housing benefit with £65 a month to pay in bills including broadband. I think they must have an understanding with the council though as it is stated on Evolution's website so not saying it's always that easy!!
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Cats pyjamas wrote:Hi all I posted a while back asking for advice re DDs bird letter,thanks to all those who responded at the time. really pleased to let you know she has been offered a DaDa at bird (letter came yesterday) urdang ( letter arrived today)and Laine (early March) we are still waiting to hear from performers. Obviously absolutely over the moon and slightly overwhelmed to be in this position. Decision time in our house over the next few weeks.
:D :D :D
Good luck to all you dc's waiting to hear
Congrats to your DD - what a wonderful dilemma to be in!