Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by DanceDiva » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 pm

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Hi DanceDiva, sorry I haven't got your message. I went onto look and realised my message box is 78% full. I can't find a delete button :?
Have tried again - think it was my error !

reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by reachforthestars » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:45 am

DD has a final recall for Central :shock: :D

mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:54 pm
Location: North West

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by mummyofmylittlestar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:18 am

That's brilliant news Reachforthestars and the very best of luck xx

User avatar
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by 2girlsmum » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 am

reachforthestars wrote:DD has a final recall for Central :shock: :D
Great news, congratulations, hope it goes well

lotsolaffs
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by lotsolaffs » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:22 am

Well done,that is a tough audition process to go through.
I have just read about Central auditions on their website.
Lots of luck.

reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by reachforthestars » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks 2girlsmums and lotsolaffs. DD is 17 and over the moon, she really enjoyed her first audition at Central.

User avatar
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by 2girlsmum » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:41 pm

DD has her 1st audition tomorrow (1st of 8 places she is applying for, all MT, we have 7 dates - 1 tomorrow in Jan, 5 so far in Feb and 1 in March, with 1 date still to come)

jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by jennifer1972 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:50 pm

reachforthestars wrote:DD has a final recall for Central :shock: :D
Fantastic!!

jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by jennifer1972 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm

2girlsmum wrote:DD has her 1st audition tomorrow (1st of 8 places she is applying for, all MT, we have 7 dates - 1 tomorrow in Jan, 5 so far in Feb and 1 in March, with 1 date still to come)
Good luck! Where is she applying to? My DD has one audition left, she has 2 offers, and still waiting for the letter from Bird. She was going to apply to Urdang, but the more people she has spoken to, the more it put her off, so she decided not to apply to audition there! I'm quite relieved as that means we are near the end of this process, and will be able to make a decision soon!

lyndahill
BAFTA Award
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by lyndahill » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 pm

jennifer1972 wrote:
2girlsmum wrote:DD has her 1st audition tomorrow (1st of 8 places she is applying for, all MT, we have 7 dates - 1 tomorrow in Jan, 5 so far in Feb and 1 in March, with 1 date still to come)
Good luck! Where is she applying to? My DD has one audition left, she has 2 offers, and still waiting for the letter from Bird. She was going to apply to Urdang, but the more people she has spoken to, the more it put her off, so she decided not to apply to audition there! I'm quite relieved as that means we are near the end of this process, and will be able to make a decision soon!
Can I ask why your DD was put off of Urdang - they are ranked number 1? We are going to their Open day next week for 2018 entry.

User avatar
Pearl
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by Pearl » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:03 pm

My dd is in her 2nd year at Urdang and absolutely loves it :D
She'll be performing in the ballet and tap at the open day. I found it a really good open day when we looked around.
Good luck to Z 2girlsmum xx
Bring it on!!!

lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:36 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by lbm1e14 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:52 pm

One of DD's friends is about to graduate from Urdang and she has loved it.

Also the comment above about it being "ranked No. 1" is interesting. By whom and on what criteria? Not all colleges are comparable. Despite most having MT qualifications some are more dance focussed, some acting and some triple threat.

jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by jennifer1972 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:53 am

lyndahill wrote:
jennifer1972 wrote:
2girlsmum wrote:DD has her 1st audition tomorrow (1st of 8 places she is applying for, all MT, we have 7 dates - 1 tomorrow in Jan, 5 so far in Feb and 1 in March, with 1 date still to come)
Good luck! Where is she applying to? My DD has one audition left, she has 2 offers, and still waiting for the letter from Bird. She was going to apply to Urdang, but the more people she has spoken to, the more it put her off, so she decided not to apply to audition there! I'm quite relieved as that means we are near the end of this process, and will be able to make a decision soon!
Can I ask why your DD was put off of Urdang - they are ranked number 1? We are going to their Open day next week for 2018 entry.
Well, bear in mind she made this decision having never been there :roll: I think that a couple of people who she spoke to at other auditions said it felt a bit cliquey. Cliquiness (is that a word?) was a problem at her dance conservatory, so it's that which put her off. I said that she should see for herself, but you know what teenagers are like! :? Urdang has always been her first choice, but a couple of passing comments and everything changes... Also, as she has a couple of offers under her belt already, I think she doesn't want to drag the audition process out any longer. Coming from Spain for each audition makes each audition a military operation!! :lol:

reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by reachforthestars » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:39 pm

jennifer1972 wrote:
reachforthestars wrote:DD has a final recall for Central :shock: :D
Fantastic!!
Thank you! :)

reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by reachforthestars » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:40 pm

DD found out today she has a recall for GSA! :D

Post Reply