DADA's

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Pearl
GRAMMY Award

DADA's

Post by Pearl »

Does anyone know! Once you are in receipt of a dada do you have to provide income details every year
Bring it on!!!
RosaMac
BRIT Award

Re: DADA's

Post by RosaMac »

You only supply financial details every year if you qualify for maintenance, as this is assessed on a yearly basis
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Great thank you, I was panicking as I'm self employed and haven't done my tax return yet but we don't get maintenance so should be ok :D
Bring it on!!!
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Normally no but there is a clause in there to say that it is at the schools discretion if they reassess at the end of an academic year - usually I think if income is expected to vary considerably from year to year. I know of a family for instance where the dad was unable to work for a number of months following a car accident and subsequent operation, this being during the tax year submitted for the DADA application so the funding was reassessed at the end of the year. And working the other way, when a change of family circumstances meant a big drop in income, they were able to get reassessed to allow their DD to continue. Under normal circumstances and for the vast majority of cases though, its an initial one off calculation.