Bird College Accommodation.

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Bird College Accommodation.

Post by jesajo »

My dd will be starting Bird College in September. I have been looking for accommodation for her. Do first years usually go in halls or do they house share. She is 18 and would house share. Roughly does anybody know how much it costs per week or is there anybody dds or ds who are at the college now . Thanks
Angelic606
Nominee

Re: Bird College Accommodation.

Post by Angelic606 »

Hi ,my dd will be starting 2nd year in Sept and is struggling to find a new place to rent with a few of her friends.this year she rented a house with 15 others ,but doesn't want to stay there for the next two years .if your dd adds herself to the fresher page on facebook she may have some luck finding people who want to house share...good luck
Angelic606
Nominee

Post by Angelic606 »

Ps...price range can vary quite a lot.its good to get somewhere with bills included . .you are welcome to pm me for any info I can help with.
Sonabe23
Nominee

Post by Sonabe23 »

Hi, my daughter is going into 2nd year at Bird in September. She has been living at Avery Hill halls of residence. Shes very happy there and thinks it's s great place for someone who is living away from home for the first time. pm if you need any other info.
jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Post by jesajo »

Thank you so much for your replies. \:D/
pakid
Nominee

Post by pakid »

Hi

Has everyone going to Bird this September sorted out accommodation?
I was told to wait but am getting concerned there will be no nice places left to rent if DD is unsuccessful in being offered something in Halls.

Also, do they put all the Bird students together in Avery Hall or are they pepper potted throughout the building with Greenwich uni students anyone know?
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

When we visited two weeks ago they said that the accommodation details come out in July. I asked if this may be too late and she said that all of the students always get somewhere. There seems to be more available around there than at other places such as Laine.
pakid
Nominee

Post by pakid »

Thank you; I understand Halls are being allocated between Monday 15th August and 25th August so fingers crossed.
Angelic606
Nominee

Post by Angelic606 »

Well done to all for places so far. For anyone starting Bird in September, my daughter will be on 3rd year and is sharing a lovely four bedroom flat
A room has come up available if anyone is interested please pm me. There will be two 3rd years and one first year, so they are looking for another first year girl on a three year course to even it out. Good luck to everyone still waiting for places.
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

Angelic606 wrote:Well done to all for places so far. For anyone starting Bird in September, my daughter will be on 3rd year and is sharing a lovely four bedroom flat
A room has come up available if anyone is interested please pm me. There will be two 3rd years and one first year, so they are looking for another first year girl on a three year course to even it out. Good luck to everyone still waiting for places.
hi not sure how to private message but just wondering if the room has gone yet ? X
pakid
Nominee

Re: Bird College Accommodation 2017.

Post by pakid »

Hi
well done to all those with offers for Bird, my DD is just finishing her first year degree and loves it.

She was in halls and is looking to share with the 4 others in the flat she is in halls with at the moment. I was wondering whether any of you are aware of any 3rd year students about to vacate a 5 bed house in the vicinity of the college. So has just missed out on 2 properties to rent and was told to look again in August, as that is when the next wave of properties will come on the market. Needless to say I am worried August is leaving it to late.

Any info greatly appreciated.

PAKID
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

pakid wrote:Hi
well done to all those with offers for Bird, my DD is just finishing her first year degree and loves it.

She was in halls and is looking to share with the 4 others in the flat she is in halls with at the moment. I was wondering whether any of you are aware of any 3rd year students about to vacate a 5 bed house in the vicinity of the college. So has just missed out on 2 properties to rent and was told to look again in August, as that is when the next wave of properties will come on the market. Needless to say I am worried August is leaving it to late.

PAKID
We have now booked halls as 1st year but I did do some phoning around a few months back and most said it would be around July before they had anything. If my notes are correct these read:

Village Lettings - 0203 0111 222 - 4 or 5 bed house around £1800 plus bills
Drewery lettings - Tel number ? - 5 bed around £1900
Belvoir (Joe) - Tel number ? 4 or 5 bed around £1750 a month.

I got the people off google when put in letting offices in Sidcup so you should be able to find the numbers again.

I did ring about 6 others but these are the companies that seemed to think they would have lets come up and were more helpful.

I had asked for furnished and that they allowed students.

Hope this helps
x
pakid
Nominee

Post by pakid »

Many thanks DanceMon, I'll give them a call.

Thanks again
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Hi All

The accommodation lists have been sent out now so hopefully everyone can fine somewhere fro September
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

dancemom43 wrote:
pakid wrote:Hi

PAKID
We have now booked halls as 1st year but I did do some phoning around a few months back and most said it would be around July before they had anything. If my notes are correct these read:

Village Lettings - 0203 0111 222 - 4 or 5 bed house around £1800 plus bills
Drewery lettings - Tel number ? - 5 bed around £1900
Belvoir (Joe) - Tel number ? 4 or 5 bed around £1750 a month.

I got the people off google when put in letting offices in Sidcup so you should be able to find the numbers again.

I did ring about 6 others but these are the companies that seemed to think they would have lets come up and were more helpful.

I had asked for furnished and that they allowed students.

Hope this helps
x
Are these prices per month then shared between 4 or 5?