gsa summer school MT

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

gsa summer school MT

Post by Robin64 »

Can I ask if anyone has had experience of this as we are thinking about it for the summer. I know it is for 2 weeks and accommodation is in halls as far as I can see. I would love to hear any feedback before booking.
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Re: gsa summer school MT

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

YorshireMum's DD went on two GSA courses, Acting and a MT/audition technique one I think. I think she loved it, there's good accommodation and they go and see a show in London too, hopefully she'll come on and give more detail, or you could PM her...
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

My DD did the MT and the Audition Technique SS the year before she auditioned for degree courses. She enjoyed them and it really help her make up her mind with which college she was going to apply too or rather not going to apply... I don't know if the Audition technique one helped a lot but she did get 3 offers out of 4 auditions and is now happy in her first year of BA... Hope it helps...
yorshiremum
BRIT Award

Post by yorshiremum »

Yes my DD did the acting week and the MT audition practice week. She loved them both and found them really useful. They were good value too compared to many of the others as the on site accommodation was very reasonable. Also an option to see a west end show one night. Definitely recommended. :D
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Thanks very much everyone. Sounds good. DD wants to contribute some of the cost so I wanted to get some feedback.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Hi
afab and Yorkshiremum (or anyone else if you know!)

Just a quick question about GSA Summer School. What is the set up for food please? - is there a canteen or any facilities for making food at the accommodation? Can't see anything on the online brochure unless I have missed that bit. Thanks
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

hi Robin, my DD didn't stay in the halls as she was not 17 yet and she was not allowed but I did drop her one evening to meet some friends and there was a small supermarket there. Tesco is not far either. Since they are halls of residence, I'm sure there is a kitchen attached to a few bedrooms...

There is a Starbucks in GSA and DD used to buy her lunches there.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Thanks afab
It will be a nice little challenge for DD to do some self catering. I think her friend is going too so they can cook together (or heat up ready meals! :D )
I thought summer school would be good for seeing GSA and meeting some of the tutors as she will be thinking about the next step with one more year of college to go. I think it is quite reasonable in terms of cost too.
yorshiremum
BRIT Award

Post by yorshiremum »

Yes they stay in student accommodation on site so a shared kitchen. Theres a supermarket close to stock up on food when they get there. :D
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Update. Her dad has just dropped her off for the MT summer school at GSA. There is a shared kitchen and DD has a supply of food and money for the cafe. Her friend couldn't go so she has gone by herself. DD has been working part time and paying for the summer school so good on her. Feeling a bit nervous for her but I'm sure she will enjoy it. She did YMT last year and had a blast. We are looking to apply for degree/diploma for 2017 so will be reading up on the thread from this year with interest to get some ideas of where to look at. Such great advice on here.
karen@nexusdsl.co.uk
Nominee

Post by karen@nexusdsl.co.uk »

Robin64
Sent you a PM reply
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Thanks for pm Karen. She is back home and had a great time. Quite a few were staying on for a third week to do the audition course but dd has work. Lots of useful information, challenging classes, she also got to see 3 shows in London. The accommodation was good in the student hall. I would recommend it.