Guildhall Junior Drama on Saturdays

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Guildhall Junior Drama on Saturdays

Post by TalyaB »

Does anyone had experience of this? DS would be applying this term to join from September, when he'll be going into Year 10.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Re: Guildhall Junior Drama on Saturdays

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,
My daughter got a place in the Junior Drama when she was 14, she has done four years there and is now auditioning for 18+ drama courses. She did 2 years in the 9.00 class then got invited to move to the more intense class which runs from 10.45 to 3.15. She has really developed from being there and I can definitely recommend it. The only thing is that you have to be fully, 100%, week after week committed. They only allow absences for a really good reason and some kids have been asked to leave when they don't show that commitment. Hope he is successful at audition.
Best wishes,
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Re: Guildhall Junior Drama on Saturdays

Post by TalyaB »

Thanks, Livy2, that's really helpful. I've applied and it says he'll be invited to a trial session later this term. He's fine with being committed - it sounds as if he wouldn't want to miss it anyway, and we don't tend to go away in termtime. Best of luck to your daughter - I follow the 'auditioning 2016' thread so I'll see how she's doing there.