Conference on Mental Health in Drama Training

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Re: Conference on Mental Health in Drama Training

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

Yes, I've learnt loads!
theMTAonline
BRIT Award

Post by theMTAonline »

Ah Welshmum I suppose that I don't really, but procrastination is a curse when you're self employed. Joking aside I only keep posting when I feel strongly that my college (or indeed myself) are being misrepresented. I also think that forums like these must be a lifeline to parents that are not in the industry and therefore sometimes can't see the wood through the trees. So it's nice to be able to put the record straight and dispel some myths from an informed position (not just hearsay or guess work). If only the Internet had been around when my parents were trying to advise me things might have been less worrying and indeed unknown to them. As a fellow Welsh mum myself I hope that I've helped a little bit in making things clearer (whilst accepting that in reality the UK drama scene is in such flux it's never been more confusing). As ever all the best to all of you working your way around this maze.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

Although I think we have two very different viewpoints expressed here, I do think it's probably worth airing - because in the past, when we have had problems with unaccredited education, the discussion was quite negative. It's nice to see the other side being represented so positively. I'm sure that at some point in the future - somebody will ask a question that this topic may well help with - which is good.

I'm rather looking forward to Christmas Day, my first day off for two weeks of 10-12 hour days, which quite frankly, I'm getting far too old for! Jingle Bells everyone!