Pre audition courses

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Pre audition courses

Post by jennifer1972 »

Apart from Urdang, does anyone know if there are any other pre audition courses or workshops? Are they worth doing as they are a bit pricey?
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Re: Pre audition courses

Post by carriecrafts »

I've seen on Facebook that Bodyworks are offering a 3 day pre-audition course in October. Sorry, I have no idea how useful they are though x
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Laines do a one day pre audition day
Bring it on!!!
yorshiremum
BRIT Award

Post by yorshiremum »

GSA do MT and acting ones too. DD did the longer summer ones last year and found them very good and I thought they were good value. Can't speak for these shorter ones that are weekends in September and October but they look similar. http://gsauk.org/courses/pre-audition-courses/
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Don't NYMT usually do a few days in the October half term week?
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Nymt will probably do one at half term and I'm sure that would be a good quality one and reasonably priced too.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

The Hammond in Chester normally do a number of free taster days between December and February. On a day they typically offer 4 classes I think - contemporary dance - jazz - musical theatre repertoire and vocal session as well as giving tours of the college and answering questions about the courses/colleges and audition processes. They offer the level 6 diploma in dance or musical theatre (with a common first year) or a degree in musical theatre. Not sure if they are strictly classed as a 'pre audition course' but they do give an idea of what to expect from the audition and the college.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Thanks everyone!! :D
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

They do workshops and taster days at Tring as well.
josielee
Nominee

Post by josielee »

My dd was interested in doing the Urdang pre-audition course. Has anybody's dd's or ds's signed up for this in the past and found it to be worthwhile or helpful for when they actually auditioned for real? \:D/
Recless
BRIT Award

Post by Recless »

My DD did Urdang pre-audition week and found it extremely useful as we knew very little about auditioning. The course helped with audition etiquette, how to present yourself etc and also with how to find suitable monologues and songs for auditions. They went through typical audition routines so that students would know what to expect. At the end of the week they did a full mock audition with quite detailed written feedback. My DD thinks the course certainly helped her a lot and stopped her making lots of basic mistakes.
josielee
Nominee

Post by josielee »

Thanks Recless.