Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Maria54
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by Maria54 »

Sent you a PM Tatty
StanleyNoo
Nominee

Post by StanleyNoo »

I spoke to Laine today and my daughter has moved from number 9 on the girl's priority reserve list to number 3. We're keeping everything crossed. I just thought that I'd let everyone know that movement still seems to be happening.
lindy7
BRIT Award

Post by lindy7 »

Hi Cazbar 18 Thankyou for letting me know that has helped! Lets hope the Acting side too starts to move on the reserve lists as I know there has been a lot of reserve activity at dance colleges such as Laines, Bird and Urdang etc and also Lippa but haven't heard anything about GSA until you posted your comment! She rang GSA the other day and they told her she could be waiting right up until the end of August to be made an offer so all fingers crossed and hope the A levels go well as well as she needs AAB!! Congratulations to all who have received offers and offers from reserve lists and pray I will have good news to share with you all in the coming weeks.
Angelic606
Nominee

Post by Angelic606 »

CHEK wrote:I'm feeling really disillusioned with the whole thing if I'm honest, not quite sure how my 15yr old DD is coping! We are still waiting on reserve lists however think this is worse than the original "yes" or "no" at least Bird's offer did say she would be added to the reserve list, unlike Italia.
It's looking like it will be 6th form for the next 2yrs with a view to re-auditioning in 2018, at least we'll know what to expect!
Please dont lose heart.My dd auditioned at 15 and was offered the foundation ,which she chose not to take and reaudition again at 18.she went away ,worked even harder and did summer schools etc.then when she reauditioned again at 18 she was offered a place and a dada on the day of her audition.So please tell your DD not to lose hope if she doesn't get in this year. lots get offered a place from the waiting list,with some dadas being handed out as late as August....good luck ,I hope she hears soon
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

Thank you for your kind words Angelic606 it means a lot X
Fingers & toes crossed, but she has accepted that it's probably going to be 6th form, such a shame when she has the passion & talent.
Probably time to look for some extra training for her!
Angelic606
Nominee

Post by Angelic606 »

No problem at all ,disheartening at the time my dd thought it was the worst thing ,but actually doing her A levels (which she insists were a waste of two years not spent dancing full time ) was good for her.she got the A levels which meant more places opened up to her at 18,and we now feel she was probably more prepared to go at 18 ...if she has the determination to do well...im sure your daughter will get what she deserves .Stay positive
pakid
Nominee

Post by pakid »

hi
have you considered Btech in performing arts? My dd went to the college open evening agreeing to do a levels but when the were told that the Btec was for those who wanted to be doing PA my dd decided that was what she wanted to do. I was against it but it is what she wanted so we agreed; after all she needs to be happy in what she does. There are 15 in her class and they are just finishing their 2nd year. There is a lot of practical but there is just as much theory and self evaluation. She is producing 10,000 word assignments with ease and i think it is because she is enjoying the course so much.

Having seen various showcases throughout the 2 year period I am amazed at what good performers they have all become. I have definitely seen my dd grow as a performer in the last 2 years and I no longer see the Btech as a choice for the less academic. She has got into Bird, her first choice to do a degree and I am sure she will flourish there too. I know it depends on the college but after seeing how the students have all done, I would certainly recommend a Btech in PA.

PAkid
Tatty t
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tatty t »

I am
Desperate to find accomadation for my dd at laine she really wants a room rather than live with a host family , after being awarded the dada we are now totally stressing , any help would be appreciated
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

We have a room there in a shared house with another Sylvia's girl Tatty t, but Ds has funding for Bird. We are still waiting on Laine reserve though as that is top choice. If he doesn't get it by the time we need accommodation for Bird that room will be available. But I guess you want to find one asap
Tatty t
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tatty t »

It's hard isint it as I can't make decision on laine if I can't get any accomadation, very frustrating , I maybe should have thought ahead like you
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Tatty - try not to despair. I know finding accommodation is difficult and you just want your DC sorted but it is really still early days. I remember going to watch an end of year show early July when my DD was in year 11 and bumping into a girl who was going to Laines and was surprised that she had not even started looking for somewhere to live yet. She had found somewhere not long after.

I presume your DD has joined any facebook groups for Laines new starters etc.

Good luck. I'm sure you will find somewhere soon
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

tatty - my dd just going into 3rd year at Laine - will ask her, sadly they have just found a third person for their flat :roll: good luckxx
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

suesmith wrote:tatty - my dd just going into 3rd year at Laine - will ask her, sadly they have just found a third person for their flat :roll: good luckxx
Was your DD part of Laine Aflame? We went to see it last weekend and thought it was a wonderful show, my DD is booked on the Audition support day in Oct ready to audition for 2017 entry.
als17
BRIT Award

Post by als17 »

My DD needs accommodation at East 15 and we were expecting to sort it at their Welcome Day next month but it looks like a lot of people have already sorted it out. She is trying to find people on her course to share with. ](*,)
Tatty t
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tatty t »

Thank you everyone will keep trying , she has joined the facebook page , if anyone hears of anything would really appreciate it