Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

StanleyNoo
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by StanleyNoo »

Thats fantastic news - I'm keeping everything crossed for you (and us). Thanks for updating us.
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

Congratulations to your DD JayLou62......what fabulous news...definitely worth the wait!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting.....fingers crossed! xxx
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

JayLou62 wrote:Proud and pleased to announce that dd2 has been awarded a DaDA for Bird :)
Fab news after all of the waiting!! =D> You must all be so relieved!! What about DD1 if you don't mind me asking?
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd1 got all no's but as it was her first year of applying for acting, rather than MT and she looks 14/15 even though she's 20 is no surprise. She plans to work, save some money, join a drama company for experience, take some singing and dance classes and try again next year. She now knows which Unis she liked (LIPA, RWCMD, BOV, RCCSD, BSA) and will try East15 and maybe Rose Bruford next year :)
lindy7
BRIT Award

Post by lindy7 »

HI MY DD got foundation offers from GSA MT and Urdang and is on reserve list for GSA Acting even though only turned 18 in April so keeping our fingers crossed however most people say she won't be lucky for GSA as most take up the offers there so if anyone out there knows anybody getting an offer from the reserve list please let us know to give my daughter hope otherwise she will go again from October!!
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

lindy7 - my dds friend did GSA foundation last year and has been really successful this year - offered GSA MT/Bird/LSC/Arts Ed - she has always dreamed of going to Arts Ed so has accepted that - I know people are sceptical about Foundation Courses but for her it has been brilliant :lol: good luck xx
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

JayLou62 wrote:Dd1 got all no's but as it was her first year of applying for acting, rather than MT and she looks 14/15 even though she's 20 is no surprise. She plans to work, save some money, join a drama company for experience, take some singing and dance classes and try again next year. She now knows which Unis she liked (LIPA, RWCMD, BOV, RCCSD, BSA) and will try East15 and maybe Rose Bruford next year :)
So you have to go through it all again #-o You must have nerves of steel. It will finally be our turn come September, so hopefully you can help lead us through what is sure to be a roller coaster of a year!! :lol: :lol:
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Not sure about nerves of steel, but relieved dd2 is sorted (she really didn't expect Bird and was in total shock when they phoned and offered her a DaDA). Just got to go through it all again with dd1.
Ds starts at a music college this September - he's also done an audition with his Band and they now receive access to free studio space and recording and support to get their music on line and finding gigs. 3 performing children is crazy :)
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

I'm feeling really disillusioned with the whole thing if I'm honest, not quite sure how my 15yr old DD is coping! We are still waiting on reserve lists however think this is worse than the original "yes" or "no" at least Bird's offer did say she would be added to the reserve list, unlike Italia.
It's looking like it will be 6th form for the next 2yrs with a view to re-auditioning in 2018, at least we'll know what to expect!
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Looks like a 2nd DaDA has arrived today - Bodyworks :) Think dd2 has settled on Bird but be good to have more info about both colleges from those in the know :)
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

JayLou62 wrote:Looks like a 2nd DaDA has arrived today - Bodyworks :) Think dd2 has settled on Bird but be good to have more info about both colleges from those in the know :)
"Like buses' springs to mind!! Still, well done her, lovely to have the choice from 2 renowned places!! =D> =D>
Tatty t
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tatty t »

Just found out dd has been offered the dada at laines xx
cazbar18
Nominee

Post by cazbar18 »

lindy7 wrote:HI MY DD got foundation offers from GSA MT and Urdang and is on reserve list for GSA Acting even though only turned 18 in April so keeping our fingers crossed however most people say she won't be lucky for GSA as most take up the offers there so if anyone out there knows anybody getting an offer from the reserve list please let us know to give my daughter hope otherwise she will go again from October!!
Hi Lindy, my two of my daughters friends have been offered places at GSA for the MT course off the reserve list this past week so hopefully you will hear something soon! All the best! X
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Well done to your dd Tatty T on the DaDA for Laine :)
StanleyNoo
Nominee

Post by StanleyNoo »

Fantastic news for everyone who now has a DaDa! \:D/ Tatty T, could I just check please - was your Dd number 4 on the Laine reserve list?