Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by Dogcop »

Anybody else at Laine today for funding audition?
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

We're at Laine tomorrow for funding audition.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I know of a few tomorrow but not today. Ds there now, Waiting to hear from him as I didn't go with him. I know they were showing parents some accommodation nearby.
BettyBooLeigh
Nominee

Post by BettyBooLeigh »

DD had funding audition on Wednesday at Laine, hope the results don't take too long!!
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I think they are sending letters to those with full dadas and scholarships, and those that were unsuccessful first. Then everybody else in between will get an e-mail
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

They took about 3 weeks last year to send any offers out :(
Bring it on!!!
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

:shock:
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Yes Dada/funding results much slower at Laine than original offers - good luck all my dd just finishing 2nd year and is loving it! :lol:
BettyBooLeigh
Nominee

Post by BettyBooLeigh »

Ahh ok good to know, a little while to wait yet then!
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

Is any body at Bird tomorrow!? Also, anyone who has done Bird is the audition at the new building, next door to the primary school?
jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Post by jesajo »

Yes the bird audition is in the new building next to the primary school. Good luck for tomorrow.
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Post by bethjinty66 »

Re funding , this is some info from a parent who has a daughter at Bird

" On the funding front - my daughter is doing BA hons in Professional Dance and musical Theatre so she gets a student loan to pay fees - £9000 as well as a maintenance loan, which isn't income based - it's around £4700.
I would warn you all that if the Diploma colleges try to tell you that you can convert the Musical Theatre/Professional Dance Diploma to Degree - investigate the costs - it can cost a further £6000 - £9000 to upgrade!"
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

You've posted that comment about degrees and diplomas and funding before and you are right that it does cost quite a lot to do the BA Conversion course if you have completed the level 6 diploma. It should however be remembered that because the funding is different for the diploma, the students themselves do not have the student loan debt for a 3 year course hanging over them. The conversion course is eligible for a student loan but is also designed so that it can be completed when a student has graduated and is already in work. So a loan may or may not be even necessary. The conversion course is also optional and does not need be completed immediately after the diploma.
In any case, getting work after graduation is the same for all students regardless of what course they studied - competitive and by audition. There is no right or wrong route of degree or diploma.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

It doesn't cost that much everywhere . Ds is under £500
lindy7
BRIT Award

Post by lindy7 »

Hi My DD has finished all her auditions now and we are somewhat deflated it has been very stressful and so far she has had only foundation recall for GSA MT, a foundation offer at Urdang and a recall at the end of this month for GSA Acting I think she thought she would do better. The penny has dropped now how difficult it really is so I congratulate everyone on here their DD or DS who has got offers!! This is my DD first time of auditioning and she has only just turned 18 but she adamant she will go again in October and try again but who knows maybe the recall at GSA at end of the month will be worthwhile everyone tells her she has done well to get a recall for the Acting so we will see! I am not looking forward to going through the whole process again at some 8 or 9 places!!!