Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

BettyBooLeigh
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by BettyBooLeigh »

Hi DOFFILER1 my daughters friend was offered a Degree at Urgang 2 years ago after getting a no from the initial audition, she didn't get a recall audition, but got an offer a bit later as some will not accept their offers. its still early days yet!
Xxxlisaxxx
BRIT Award

Post by Xxxlisaxxx »

Still no blinkin news! I'm putting off ringing Urdang in case it's bad news. Sorry to keep asking the same question but is anyone else waiting for DADA funding result?TIA
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd2's attending the private Scholarship audition for Performers on 25th April.
josielee
Nominee

Post by josielee »

My dd is attending the scholarship audition on 25th April at Performers. Does this mean that they will not be considered for a DADA? Or is it both do you know? All a bit confusing :?
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

I think those selected for the Scholarship at Performers will be considered for DaDAs - or both. My dd is attending at 1.30pm for registration but unsure if there are also auditions in the morning?
pakid
Nominee

Post by pakid »

My DD's offer letter invited her to attend for both the private scholarship and dada funding. She too has to register at 1.30.on 25th April. Not sure if this helps any.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

LSC ballet recall audition today! Wishing everybody lots of luck!
DOFFILER1
Nominee

Post by DOFFILER1 »

Hi Xxxlisaxxx Hope you don't have to wait too much longer ! We have to send our non-refundable deposit and confirmation in to Urdang by the 15th April, so maybe they are waiting to see who accepts a place before they allocate any more places with funding .Good Luck !
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

It's highly likely my DD will be turning down a place at Urdang to stay at Bodyworks so I imagine there is a lot of movement on reserve lists at the moment.
Funding audition for Bodyworks is on Monday - good luck to all attending.
Xxxlisaxxx
BRIT Award

Post by Xxxlisaxxx »

Thanks guys! I've just come off the telephone to Urdang....they said they still haven't allocated all funding offers and as you guys says there is still movement so all hope is not lost. Good luck to all of you and your DDs and DS.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

We have just had an reminder e-mail from Urdang and turned down the place, so it looks like more offers will be allocated
christina32
Nominee

Post by christina32 »

Hi,
I don't even know if this is in the right place, but I have been searching with no avail, if my dd is awarded a DADA can she apply for a maintenance loan to help with living costs? We don't begin our auditions until Sept 2016 for 2017 entry but I am trying to work out what would be realistic. We live a long way from London so no way of affording accommodation fees.
Sorry again if I am not in right place, it's a first time post but I am sure you will all be a fountain of knowledge. :D
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

You certainly used to be able to get a means tested "hardship grant" ( it wasn't a loan) with a DADA .

I know a lot of things have changed now.

Is there no indication on the website about DADAs?
I've just had a quick look at the gov.uk site and it looks as though maintenance payments are still available for those on lower incomes.

I just Googled dance and drama awards. :)
christina32
Nominee

Post by christina32 »

Thanks for your reply, yes there are some help with the DADA for maintenance costs for the very low earners, however we sit middle of the road, I would have to pay a small amount to fees which id fine but then as it seems to me find 6,500 a year to cover accommodation, which we just don't have. I think it looks like the best route is to go for the degrees at universities that way she can get student finance etc. She would love to try for Arts Ed, Urdang etc but if there is no way we can afford it seems pointless.
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Yes, sadly I think lots of middle income families find that :(

At least student finance is available for some courses thank goodness!