Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by DanceDiva »

dancingmoll wrote:Does anyone know if Millennium were at Move it this year? We're interested to see any recent performance footage as DD has a place there for September but can't find much about the school other than the website!
No Millennium don't do any performances at Move It - neither do they have a stand for information.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Millenium have done MoveIt in the past but don't take it as negative or as a sign of a 'lesser' college that they were not there this year. I'm not sure that Elmhurst, Tring Park or The Hammond were either (and I'm sure plenty of others) I know DDs college has taken part in the past but it is very expensive for them to do so and they decided that the money could be better spent elsewhere - getting more workshops and exposure for the graduate year with agents, casting directors for example. MoveIt for a college is basically exposure to attract more students and I suspect that none of them are ever actually undersubscribed!!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Laines were not there either.
BettyBooLeigh
Nominee

Post by BettyBooLeigh »

Urdang result received today by email with offer for the Degree!! one happy daughter!! :D
Xxxlisaxxx
BRIT Award

Post by Xxxlisaxxx »

Still no news from Urdang. Is anybody else still waiting? Thinking it isn't good news as people seem to have been informed of funding offers :(
BettyBooLeigh
Nominee

Post by BettyBooLeigh »

Hi Xxxlisaxxx my daughters offer for Urdang came thursday for degree but she has 4 friends pending funding offers for diploma that have not yet heard.
The offer letter did start off by apologising for the delay!! so don't panic!
Xxxlisaxxx
BRIT Award

Post by Xxxlisaxxx »

Aw thank you for replying BettyBooLeigh, hopefully hear something soon then. Well done to your daughter....fantastic news :-)
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Post by bethjinty66 »

Congratulations on Urdang funding , daughter's friend at Knightswood didn't get funding . Today my daughter is 18 , she's just back from Glasgow Conservatoire ( local to us for a change , instead of London !) . D and 2 friends from Knightswood made 3rd cut , now have a week to wait , but only approx 16 places on BA , so we shall have to wait a week for QcAS . She said it was a really positive experience , the staff were so supportive and they had a chance to perform everything , including their musical instruments . So waiting again ....ah!!!!
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

Thanks all for the info reguarding Millennium at Move It, I hadn't though of the cost involved with being represented there! Anyone got a DC at Millennium who would care to share their experiences?
As for those of you waiting for Urdang funding letters, I wish you all the best of luck, I remember last years wait was absolutely tedious. I ended up phoning the school to ask when we would hear as it was near enough a month until dd heard :? Still got that all to come this year, bit disconcerted that her recall is so late (23rd April), I hope all of the funding and degree places haven't gone by then!!! Good luck to you all :D
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Well done to all those with offers so far..
Has anyones dd or ds been offered Bodyworks Cambridge?
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd2 has a place at Bodyworks, Millennium, Urdang, Bird, Laine and Performers but will depend on funding where she will go.
Her favourites are Laine, Urdang, Bird and Bodyworks.
RosaMac
BRIT Award

Post by RosaMac »

Just wondered how many will be going to Performers for the private scholarship audition on 25th April?
DOFFILER1
Nominee

Post by DOFFILER1 »

Well what a weekend we have had since my dd received bad news from Urdang on Thursday ! No Degree and No Funding ! :(
but being the strong determined Character that she is, we are now looking at Fundraising and Sponsorship to get her there !
Congratulations to everyone that has been successful so far ! Urdang have agreed to put her on the reserve list for the Degree
and also funding for the Diploma, but we will have to wait until last minute to find out. Has anyone had any success with Grants
or Charities ? Also I am sure someone posted that last year some Diploma students were offered the Degree in September ?
LyndaWilliams
Nominee

Post by LyndaWilliams »

Hello there, this is my first post on this site

My daughter is doin a degree at Millenium in September. Has anyone else out there have a son or daughter who has been to Millenium or going there this year?
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Hi DOFFILER1,
Yes, I know that in the last 2 year groups a few (2 or 3 I think) Diploma students were asked if they wanted to transfer to the Degree after a few no-shows for enrolment or failed entry requirements etc. Good luck x