Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by carriecrafts »

lbm1e14 wrote:Quick clarification re Bird. One page of website in the entry requirements section says fees for the BA are £9,000. The funding page for the BA says that 'student top up contributions apply at current rates' which may imply that the fees are higher than £9,000. Unless they are £9,000 but the max loan is £6,000 like some other drama colleges. Or is it that the fees are £9,000 and the loan is £9,000 but there are add on costs for other things on top of the £9,000. The funding page says that details are available by contacting the college. Can anyone clarify? And why don't they just publish the damn information?
Hi, when dd was offered a place on the BA at Bird 2 years ago the fees were £9000 and all £9000 was available as a tuition fee loan from Student Finance. (I think when they say 'top-up contributions' it just means that all degrees 'cost' more to deliver but students only pay up to £9000 and the rest is govt funded). As far as I know only Bird and GSA charge only the £9000 with all of it being available from Student Finance. x
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Post by bethjinty66 »

carriecrafts wrote:
lbm1e14 wrote:Quick clarification re Bird. One page of website in the entry requirements section says fees for the BA are £9,000. The funding page for the BA says that 'student top up contributions apply at current rates' which may imply that the fees are higher than £9,000. Unless they are £9,000 but the max loan is £6,000 like some other drama colleges. Or is it that the fees are £9,000 and the loan is £9,000 but there are add on costs for other things on top of the £9,000. The funding page says that details are available by contacting the college. Can anyone clarify? And why don't they just publish the damn information?
Hi, when dd was offered a place on the BA at Bird 2 years ago the fees were £9000 and all £9000 was available as a tuition fee loan from Student Finance. (I think when they say 'top-up contributions' it just means that all degrees 'cost' more to deliver but students only pay up to £9000 and the rest is govt funded). As far as I know only Bird and GSA charge only the £9000 with all of it being available from Student Finance. x

Here is some info I have from a Mum who has a daughter at Bird just now ,doing a BA in MT and Dance

n the funding front - my daughter is doing BA hons in Professional Dance and musical Theatre so she gets a student loan to pay fees - £9000 as well as a maintenance loan, which isn't income based - it's around £4700.
I would warn you all that if the Diploma colleges try to tell you that you can convert the Musical Theatre/Professional Dance Diploma to Degree - investigate the costs - it can cost a further £6000 - £9000 to upgrade!
Whether they do a Degree or a diploma won't make a difference to their ability to secure work - so it's only a funding issue
DOFFILER1
Nominee

Post by DOFFILER1 »

Does anyone know how Urdang contact you after the Degree Recall/ Funding auditions ? Is it by email or post...we are not enjoying this waiting game !
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Hi Doffileri, we received confirmation by post after the funding audition, hope you don't have to wait too long :roll:
Bring it on!!!
Xxxlisaxxx
BRIT Award

Post by Xxxlisaxxx »

Thanks for all the replies. Still haven't heard anything (longest 2 weeks ever). My daughter is also 19 but hasn't completed a foundation. She applied last year and got lots of offers but no funding. She auditioned for the diploma. Fingers crossed for everyone!
DOFFILER1
Nominee

Post by DOFFILER1 »

I know exactly what you mean about the longest 2 weeks ! Everyday we wait for the post and check emails but I think they will wait until after Move It which is on all this weekend,
so perhaps it will be early next week !
Xxxlisaxxx
BRIT Award

Post by Xxxlisaxxx »

Awful isn't it DOFFILER1. You're probably right...I didn't think about move it. Urdang is my daughter's first choice also so I'm dreading the disappointment if it's bad news. Good luck to you.
RosaMac
BRIT Award

Post by RosaMac »

Two of my daughter's friends have received DADA offers from Urdang, they were at the recent funding audition. But her other friend who was at the same audition hasn't heard anything.
BettyBooLeigh
Nominee

Post by BettyBooLeigh »

My DD is also waiting for a reply from Urdang after the recall audition 2 weeks ago! She has a couple of friends also waiting for results, none of them have received anything yet! eeekkkk!
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

Three friends here and DD awaiting funding results from Urdang.
Fingers crossed for everyone
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd2 got a letter from Bird offering her a place but no funding. If she accepts the place the letter said she would go on the waiting list for funding. She certainly can't go without funding so what have others done in this situation? Is a funded place possible (she applied for the Diploma)?
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Hi Jaylou62
We had exactly the same letter last year, we accepted the place and were offered a dada around the beginning of June I think.
I think with Birds they keep most of their funding back until all the auditions have finished.
Good luck x
Bring it on!!!
Dixie37
BRIT Award

Post by Dixie37 »

I know someone going to Bird who has been offered a place with funding, however they don't get any details until June so I assume it all starts getting sorted out then. Presumably they are waiting until then as some people will have chosen to go to other colleges
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

Does anyone know if Millennium were at Move it this year? We're interested to see any recent performance footage as DD has a place there for September but can't find much about the school other than the website!
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

dancingmoll wrote:Does anyone know if Millennium were at Move it this year? We're interested to see any recent performance footage as DD has a place there for September but can't find much about the school other than the website!
I was there on Saturday but didn't notice Millennium there. Maybe check the Move It website as they had a schedule for Main Stage performances x