Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

oscar
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by oscar »

Ds had lots friends on the reserve list last year and the year before and none of them were offered places. I would also suggest asking the school .
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Post by bethjinty66 »

Thanks for the replies , will let he friend know . Well ,,, good news finally arrived today my daughter has an offer from Trinity for the BA MT , we are all delighted , 4 offers for pupils at Dance School of Scotland at Knightswood in Glasgow , teachers are delighted as are the parents !!
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

dd has friends who got places from reserve lists in previous years - but not until August after A Level results were out and people make decisions / accept offers/ lose places etc. Good luck x
missmusic
Nominee

Post by missmusic »

My daughter didn't get anything when she was first auditioning . Went to PPA in guildford for a 2 year foundation and then got offers for arts ed, mountview and PPA. She is just about to finish Arts Ed this summer and the tension is really on for getting jobs and agents. Knightswood have done well. A friend of mine has a son who has been offered Arts and Trinity who was at knights wood.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Missmusic I can't imagine what the end of year 3 is like. The pressure must be huge !! DS said the shows have been amazing , so I hope that means there is a lot of agent interest for everyone .
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

DS had a reserve offer for Mountview last year after their recall auditions in May and got offered a place on 8th June. Also I know people who had DaDa reserve places at both Laine (offered in June) and Bird (August) last year. Movement seems to happen after the last colleges have their recall auditions and people have to choose where they are going. I know that after his Mountview offer DS turned down his degree offers from Urdang, Bird and London Studio so people from their reserve lists would presumably been offered those places at that point so don't give up hope for reserve places.
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

In regard to reserve lists, my DD was offered Urdang diploma last year, we turned it down and asked for a place on the degree reserve list instead. We heard nothing unfortunately and so DD didn't go, but a week after Urdang started she heard that a few diploma students were offered the option of transferring onto the degree course, meaning it couldn't have been filled! So I don't know how they would explain that one, surely if they have places to be filled they would offer them to the reserve applicants!?! Strange, but i guess they must have some sort of a system!
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Post by bethjinty66 »

missmusic wrote:My daughter didn't get anything when she was first auditioning . Went to PPA in guildford for a 2 year foundation and then got offers for arts ed, mountview and PPA. She is just about to finish Arts Ed this summer and the tension is really on for getting jobs and agents. Knightswood have done well. A friend of mine has a son who has been offered Arts and Trinity who was at knights wood.
Yes missmusic, the boys are doing great from Knightswood , the pupils are all close friends so really stressful for them all , but they know that the business is a tough one We are off to Dublin this weekend for Institute of Barcelona auditions . Thanks to everyone for advice re reserves will pass this on to my daughter's friend
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

JayLou62 wrote:Dd1 had a no from Birmingham. Still got other auditions to go but in the same boat as your dc at the moment.
Dd2 on the other hand has had a further offer (3 in total now) and told at her 4th audition yesterday that a 'good' letter will be sent home:)
Anyone know if it's possible to claim student finance for the maintenance if applying for Diploma courses?
Laine tomorrow for dd2.
So hard doing auditions with 2 and am losing track of who's where!
Goodness!! Hats off to you, with two DDs going through the process! How is DD1 coping with her sister´s successful auditions? Is it inspiring her to continue or is it making her feel bad? Does she have a plan B? Really keeping my fingers crossed that she gets what she wants, as I have been trawling the 2014 thread and realised you have been doing this for a LONG time. You must be mentally and physically exhausted!!
rebby01
Nominee

Post by rebby01 »

Hi, DD has an audition at Millennium next month.. Can anyone advise us of what the audition entails? It mentions about pointe work and DD has experience with pointe work but it isn't her strongest subject, just wondering if anyone has any more info on this? Thxxx :D
Sweep
BRIT Award

Post by Sweep »

Hi rebby01 really don't worry about pointe, my dd auditioned last year and there was the option of doing some pointe work if you wanted, my dd chose not to as not her favourite. Lots of all other forms of dance, song and monologue as standard. DD got offered a place.
missmusic
Nominee

Post by missmusic »

Oscar, My daughter did Big Fish and urinetown. They were fabulous. Apart from my dad fainting in the show and having to stop it! It is a really scary time as they have to either get jobs in the industry or other jobs to earn money.
Last edited by missmusic on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Post by jesajo »

My dd has had a yes from performers, a recall from gsa a recall from mountview. She has auditioned at Laine and Bird. Does anyone know how long you have to wait to get a letter from Bird and Laine.
pakid
Nominee

Post by pakid »

My dd got a yes from Bird for their BA course and heard within 2 weeks. Was unsuccessful at Laines and that took 2 weeks. Others who got into Laines heard within a few days
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Our reply from Laine was just under two weeks, think Bird was about the same