Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by jasmine2 »

JayLou62 wrote:Dd2 has been invited to the funding audition at Bodyworks :)
That is brilliant .... did she like it there?
My dd LOVES it x
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Yes, she did enjoy it and a great start to her auditions :) Millennium next :)
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

Any other DCs auditioning for Millennium on the 22nd of Feb!?
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd2''s letter arrived today confirming the offer of a place and wanting a reserve fee of £75 to keep the place before April 25th. The DAda audition isn't until May. She still has 6 audition to go.
Is it best to pay it or hold fire until closer to the deadline? I knew the audition process was expensive but hadn't realised the cost of holding places :(
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Check on the CDET website or ring them on Monday

I'm fairly certain if you can only take up a place with a DaDA then you don't have to pay a holding fee (at least last year)
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Thanks Katymac - will check it out :)
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Post by bethjinty66 »

Well first audition over , first round at GSA heading Arts and Trinity next week, Very costly this audition process as D travelling from Glasgow .
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Have you got a 16-24 Railcard for your DC? My DD has saved loads of money with hers.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

I was wondering because DC can apply for auditions anytime between October and late February for drama school and it seems in my DD's group of friends, the ones that had their auditions before Christmas got more recalls than the ones who applied later? Anyone else think the same?
jooles
GRAMMY Award

Post by jooles »

Hi, I'm changing topic slightly...... Does anyone know if the DADAs are based on gross income or taxable profit? hubby and I are both self employed so just trying to work out how much we will end up paying! then we can start making some decisions :-k Thanks in advance x
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Livy2 - I suspect that's possible but just not worth worrying about. Better to wait until you're ready to audition (and to apply as soon as you are) than to rush an application because you think you stand a better chance of a recall.

There are plenty of examples of people who get places who only apply at the last minute.

My ds didn't apply until February and I didn't apply until April. We both got places (ds went to RADA , I went to OSD ).

Also, if you audition later, the schools have plenty to compare you to in that year's potential intake. Getting a recall is perhaps statistically less likely ( though I have no facts to back that up!) but I doubt that getting a *place* is less likely.
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Jooles : I think it's taxable income (so your profit after expenses rather than your turnover ) - but best to check with an official source.
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Hi Jooles, I'm self employed and did the dada last year. It's assessed on your taxable profit so after expenses etc have been taken off :D
Bring it on!!!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

It could be random - first year DD applied & auditioned before Christmas & got 2 offers; second year she auditioned after February & she got 7 offers :D
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Thanks for the replies. Yes, obviously they have to be ready. Nearly had all the auditions now. DD has had other plans in her mind too so hopefully will get a job if she doesn't get any offers and then try again next year, a bit older and a bit wiser hopefully.