Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

oscar
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by oscar »

At GSA recall certain songs turn out to be really popular so if they can go with two from the list so scared can decide on the day which to do. For Arts Ed I can pretty much guarantee that they will be asked to sing legit song , so definitely have that ready. Dance - dc decides which ability group to go in. Recall as already said singing legit song plus other and take direction given. Do monologue - I think ds did Shakespeare , duologue ( know this inside out)
physio exam and interview. The worst bit was the 2 week wait for the letter.
soda
BRIT Award

Post by soda »

Thanks Oscar, good idea to go with 2 songs from list for GSA, recall is on Saturday though so not a lot of time.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

Has anyone auditioned at Lamda or Wales this year? DD got these coming up soon. What do they do in the first round at Lamda?

bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

My daughter recently auditioned and received a guaranteed offer from the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, absolutely delighted, she was also offered Birmingham but I think Royal Welsh will be her choice. Music BMus Hons Degree Course
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi Bruno2,

My DD is auditioning for BA (Hons) Acting programme. Well done to your DD.
soda
BRIT Award

Post by soda »

Hi Bruno, ages since we have spoken, that is fabulous news for your dd, say hello and congratulations from A and me xx
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Thank you all, we are so pleased. Good luck to everyone , fingers crossed for you all. Soda it seems like only the other day they were in YMT , time goes so fast. Good luck to A with the auditions, stressful time for them. :?
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Livy2, when is your dd's audition for RWCMD? My dd has her's on 5th February.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi JayLou62,

It's Monday in the afternoon, very long day for her as it's 3 hours on the train each way.
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Good luck to your dd :) Would be interested to know how she found it as haven't found much information. Ds did a summer school there last year (music) and had a good time but don't know much about the acting course/faculty etc.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi JayLou62,

Thank you and good luck for your DD too. Has she auditioned elsewhere? Is she looking for drama or MT?
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

It's dd1's first audition - she's auditioning for mostly acting courses.
She's applied to Royal Welsh, Scotland, Birmingham School of Acting, LIPA, Bristol Old Vic,Central (all acting) and Mountview and PPA (Musical Theatre).
Dd2 has applied for dance courses and has auditions at Bodyworks, Millennium, Urdang, Performers, Laine, Bird, and Tiffany's.
Crazy few months :) Good luck everyone Xx
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd2 has been invited to the funding audition at Bodyworks :)
bethjinty66
BRIT Award

Post by bethjinty66 »

Hi all , my daughter starts auditions next week ,we live in Scotland , she currently studies at Dance School of Scotland at Knightswood on the MT course , she has Arts and Trinity in two weeks but on Friday GSA come to Edinburgh , I believe they hear 32 bars from your legit song , can anyone confirm this for GSA thanks and good luck to all auditionees
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Arts ed ask for a shortened version of their song choice and they usually get asked to sing legit in first round. For GSA you get to sing your own song choice and it's the whole song unless that has changed this year.