Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,
Has anyone completed the application process for CSSD for Drama via UCAS? DD has been attending part-time at a conservatoire for the last 4 years and her tutor has written her a very helpful reference. Her secondary school however are saying that they have to write the reference. Does anyone else know or used their own referee rather than the school reference for CSSD? Would be very grateful for replies, PM me if you prefer.
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

I think you do have to use the school for UCAS.
DD applied for CSSD and unis (academic courses) on her UCAS with school reference and academic statement (albeit for English and Drama so plenty of performing stuff too)- She got an audition and recall, I think they just audition everyone and I'm sure the reference makes little difference ( although I'm sure being punctual, reliable and hardworking wouldn't do any harm ;) ) it's all about the audition. A friend who got into GSA (also UCAS) just used her school reference too.
DD didn't get into Central and withdrew from any further auditions having got a great Uni offer that she didn't want to turn down.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I am a Head of Sixth and one of my students has applied for RCSSD and GSA through UCAS. I had her dance school principals reference and managed to squeeze in some of it with her academic reference. She has auditions at both places so it must have been ok. Inwouldvaske if her school could do this.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Thank you for your replies. The school checked with CSSD and they are going to include the reference from the conservatoire so it should be done today.

Done 3 applications this week, hopefully 2 through UCAS today and then leaves another 2 to do ... And we said we would get them all done in November! She has one audition date back so far for end of January.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

My eldest had a reference from her director at her Youth Theatre when she applied, I am not sure she had anything from school - I will ask her
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

To be honest, I really wouldn't stress too much over the UCAS thing. I think you will find that in reality, they pay very little attention to it. I t all goes on the audition, especially in places such as Central. Not sure about GSA where academic potential now seems to take priority over performing.
Last year my daughter attended only one audition where her application was referred to, and that was RADA. She is on a foundation course this year, so is about to begin the whole process all over again. Help!!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Hiya
Anyone had offers yet? We were in this position last year, its so hard waiting for offers,.good luck to all auditioning this year,
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

Has anyone got drama auditions coming up for their DC? DD has six lined up for Jan/Feb and so I'm hoping that she gets off to a good start ... She's feeling quite stressed because of school as well.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Livy2 wrote:Hi,

Has anyone got drama auditions coming up for their DC? DD has six lined up for Jan/Feb and so I'm hoping that she gets off to a good start ... She's feeling quite stressed because of school as well.
good luck with the auditions. Where is your DD auditioning for?
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
collieni
Nominee

Post by collieni »

DS has 7 auditions coming up in Jan/Feb. The first is Mountview on Wednesday, then Millennium the following Monday. I think I am more stressed out than he is!
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

DS has done 5 auditions. We did have 7 but cancelled Arts Ed and Masters as he thought they weren't for him. He really enjoyed all of the days- think they made them all feel relaxed and wasn't too scary! Got offers through quite quickly-just waiting on Urdang. Good luck to your DS
collieni
Nominee

Post by collieni »

Where has he had offers from Dogcop? It's good that they don't keep them waiting too long! DS has Urdang audition at the end of the month.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

DD is auditioning at CSSD, Rada, Mountview, Guildhall, Wales, Lamda and hopefully Bristol. First one tomorrow ..
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Good luck to your dd Livy2.
Collieni so far he has been offered Performers, Millennium, Laine and Bird. Urdang said that we would hear after Christmas. All of the others let us know within two weeks.
collieni
Nominee

Post by collieni »

That's wonderful Dogcop, he must be thrilled to get so many offers! Which ones does he like best?
Good luck to your DD Livy2, and to everyone else that has upcoming auditions. Let us know how you get on :)