LSC accomodation

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

princess1
BRIT Award

LSC accomodation

Post by princess1 »

The accommodation list sent with the letter from LSC is quite poor I think! Does anyone know where my DD can find out about others wanting to house/flat share? Was hoping there may be a FB group or something similar?
acsbj14
Nominee

Re: LSC accomodation

Post by acsbj14 »

My daughter is looking at Chester house. If you want to pm me then I can pass her details on to you and maybe they can chat. We are thinking of going to have a look in the half term x
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Chester house is amazing

The lady thatmmanages itis lovely & the foodis outstanding

DD loved the atmosphere there; she has stayed occasional nights since she was 16

But it is expensive(althought there are reductions for holidays)
acsbj14
Nominee

Post by acsbj14 »

Thanks katymac that's a relief to know. It does sound great and an easy option in her 1st year. I don't know who's more excited. Me or her lol \:D/
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Most colleges have sharing days and FB groups. Haveyouphonedtoseeifthese are planned? My DDs was not until July so perhaps thecollegewill arrange something I the nextfewmonths.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Good to see LSC have now set up a FB group for 2015 freshers my DD received email from them today
princess1
BRIT Award

Post by princess1 »

Good news!
Recless
BRIT Award

Post by Recless »

My DD has been looking at Chester house too. It looks really good. It even has a gym and dance studio! Great for stretching/practising etc.
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Does anyone know if it's tube or bus to LSC from Chester house as its a 50 min walk according to google maps and a 9 min drive! But I can only see a tube station that's a good 20 min walk gosh I rather hate google maps lol
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Lorry, the bus is direct between LSC and Chester House and takes 23 minutes walking included according to TFL. 15 minutes according to Google maps. We have pre booked a room there for DD and are trying to see if there are cheaper options around.
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Thank you afab, I think I was having a melt down didn't even look at TFL, we have Ben looking for cheaper options so that we can help her with money for other things is trips to theatre etc :D
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Sorry I didn't think to say it was a bus ride away - there is a garage/corner shop opposite but it's expensive

There is also quite a big Tescos at the North Circular junction which is quite nice. The shops round lSC are nice & there is this fabulous cake shop you need to keep the kids away from & a Jamaican restaurant opposite which DH is desperate to try but I don't eat Jamaican :roll:

You can get the bus from Chester house into town quite easily stops outside the Angel & Sadlers Wells
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Thanks Katy,

All very good detailed info :D
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

I have booked my DD into Chester House as she has decided this would be the best option for the first year. I was thinking of going to have a look before I need to pay the holding deposit KatyMac did you visit before you DD stayed here? Or am I being over protective :shock:
Recless
BRIT Award

Post by Recless »

I have booked my DD into Chester house too and we are definitely going to go for a look around before I pay deposit. It will be good to get a feel of the place and DD is keen to see facilities and location before we commit to it.